Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 487938 times)

Online jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #3120 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:29 PM »
ang lakas talaga ni shaq dati no sayang
bakit naman sayang,he's got 4 rings.he is a former mvp and finals mvp.h is right there among the top center nba player of all time

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #3121 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:44 PM »
the perk trade was an epic failure for sure.remember how the C's kept telling everyone who would listen,that they could have beaten the lakers in their finals rematch if only perk wasn't injured?

then trade him a few months later? ??? ???

guess the reason why the celtics refused to congratulate the heat after they lost the series,e para no love lost next year? ;D

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #3122 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:52 PM »

guess the reason why the celtics refused to congratulate the heat after they lost the series,e para no love lost next year? ;D

bitter?
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #3123 on: May 12, 2011 at 09:57 PM »
A Perkins-KG tandem would have punked Bosh into submission......instead, what have you got....Boston was the one who adjusted in the match-ups.....sometimes playing KG at 5, playing small.....you dont beat miami that way.  I guess Ainge has his reasons, but it didnt pan out now....and C fans are angry....

And its pretty bad coz OKC actually benefitted a lot with Perkins in tow.....

the loss of Perkins is a big factor but not the only factor. they lost more so because of their age and health. in their four losses against the Heat, Boston gassed out in all fourth quarters. KG is 36, Ray Allen is 35 and P2 is 34. it also doesn't help that Rondo got injured. so go figure. Perkins wouldn't have helped the C's struggles offensively and poor late-game execution. there are a lot of factors that contributed in their loss which i stated in my previous post.

a quote from Doc Rivers himself: "Those three guys are tough," said Rivers. "Those two guys are monsters. When they're making their jump shots, they're tough to beat."

and the Heat were certainly draining their jumpers. specially with Lebron's two threes. Perkins won't be able to do anything about that.

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #3124 on: May 12, 2011 at 10:12 PM »
bitter?

that same bitterness would make for another great series next year.that is,if kaya pa ng katawan ng C's. :)

Online frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #3125 on: May 12, 2011 at 10:13 PM »
i believe boston and LA lost because of the trades.

Bos - Perkins
LA - Vujacic

damn!

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3126 on: May 12, 2011 at 10:14 PM »
i believe boston and LA lost because of the trades.

Bos - Perkins
LA - Vujacic

damn!

don't forget Farmar. :P

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3127 on: May 12, 2011 at 10:34 PM »
the loss of Perkins is a big factor but not the only factor. they lost more so because of their age and health. in their four losses against the Heat, Boston gassed out in all fourth quarters. KG is 36, Ray Allen is 35 and P2 is 34. it also doesn't help that Rondo got injured. so go figure. Perkins wouldn't have helped the C's struggles offensively and poor late-game execution. there are a lot of factors that contributed in their loss which i stated in my previous post.

a quote from Doc Rivers himself: "Those three guys are tough," said Rivers. "Those two guys are monsters. When they're making their jump shots, they're tough to beat."

and the Heat were certainly draining their jumpers. specially with Lebron's two threes. Perkins won't be able to do anything about that.
Those other factors, save for the Rondo injury, would have been different.   But just as it is, Im only speculating.  had Perkins still a Celtic, the series would have been closely decided than what it is now.

The trade messed up the Celtic chemistry, rotation wasnt what it used to be, thereby exposing the age/fatigue factor.   Perkins' contribution wasnt only on defense.....he was a great screener, even off the ball.   Remember those setUp plays for Allen coming off double picks from KG and Perkins...those were missing.  Celts control the paint defensively, and you have aggressive perimeter players contestings those wade/lbj jumpers.  Thats the formula when Celts had success with the Heat this season.

Just like dvdfreak had posted, the season was lost when the trade was made. And I agree with him.

Online vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 981
« Reply #3128 on: May 12, 2011 at 10:38 PM »
bitter?

a little bad blood makes the rivalries more interesting.
do you want them to do like pacquiao - mosley (apir all the time)?

sorry for the OT pero kahit sa UFC, it helps the fight to be more interesting.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 341
« Reply #3129 on: May 13, 2011 at 04:29 AM »
I think Perkins also contributed a lot of intangibles, without which, the Celtics just weren't the Celtics. Pierce and KG can pound their chests and yell all game, but it was Perkins' scowl and presence which set the tone for them defensively. And other teams were aware of that. Probably the loss of Coach Thibodeau was also a factor.

So for Boston, the Perkins trade = EPIC FAILure. But for Oklahoma, the Perkins trade = GREAT SUCCESS?  If OKC makes it to the Finals, it'll certainly be viewed that way for the young franchise, even if they fall short of the crown.

We deserve better.

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3130 on: May 13, 2011 at 06:52 AM »
about the perkins trade, they are winning naman without perk in the regular season and yes maybe he maybe a factor, but nonetheless i suspect what the celtics was lacking was there offense, the last 4 minutes was painful to watch, sticky  hands on pierce, KG just standing on those tired legs, ray ray limited to just a shooter, no movement whatsoever,

also they are missing the defensive  wingmen (posey, tony allen) who can spark the bench run and giving the opposing star a lockdown. jeff green aint it.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3131 on: May 13, 2011 at 07:20 AM »
The Celtics season wasn't over in the midseason when Perkins was traded no more than it was over in the offseason when Lebron made his "decision". The season isn't lost until you miss the playoffs of get defeated four times in a playoff series. While the loss of Perkins certainly had an effect on the outcome of the Celtic's season, saying that a certain franchise lost its season for something that happened as early as 3 months ago takes away a lot of credit from the opponents who eliminated them fairly and convincingly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 at 07:21 AM by rusty »

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3132 on: May 13, 2011 at 07:46 AM »

??? ??? ???

i saw the players and coaches hug and exchange what seems to me as congratulatory words after game 5. was there something i've missed?

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3133 on: May 13, 2011 at 07:50 AM »
??? ??? ???

i saw the players and coaches hug and exchange what seems to me as congratulatory words after game 5. was there something i've missed?

si ray allen, delonte west at doc rivers lang naiwan at mga assistant. the rest, kg, pierce and company dumiretso na agad sa locker room.

ray allen talaga fave ko sa celtics.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3134 on: May 13, 2011 at 07:54 AM »
me too. if there's anyone that i really like in Boston, it's Ray Allen. been a fan of him since his Milwaukee days.

on a side note, Bulls are leading 52-37 with less than 9 mins left in the 3rd quarter. let's go bulls! tapusin nyo na Atlanta para set na East Finals with Miami ;D

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #3135 on: May 13, 2011 at 08:28 AM »
mukhang bulls na ito ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #3136 on: May 13, 2011 at 08:38 AM »
Happy Friday the 13th, Atlanta!

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3137 on: May 13, 2011 at 08:51 AM »
Congrats to the Bulls and the Heat!

My semis predictions are 0-3 so far!

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3138 on: May 13, 2011 at 09:00 AM »
Miami-Bulls for the East Finals! ;D

my prediction:

Miami in 6 games! Let's Go Heat!

pero ok na rin kung Bulls pumasok :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 at 09:01 AM by leomarley »

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3139 on: May 13, 2011 at 09:25 AM »

my prediction:

Yup, with any of the 2 advancing to the finals we can expect a great match to whom ever they face in the West but I still prefer the Mavs to OKC or even Memphis cause I think they will have a better chance in making the series more interesting and competetive with their experience and depth.

OKC will have their time but I still think they are a few pieces and seasons away from doing so in the tough west conference.

But I wouldn't mind an OKC vs. Miami/Chicago finals also, younger stars performing on the largest stage of them all... sarap maging NBA fan  ;D

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #3140 on: May 13, 2011 at 09:43 AM »
Go BULLS,..!

Napakasimpleng magsalita ni DRose,..!

Yan ang MVP,...

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3141 on: May 13, 2011 at 09:46 AM »
Go BULLS,..!

Yan ang MVP,...

i agree. he's very political in his answers hehehe. joking aside, he could be the one to carry on Jordan's legacy. unlike Lebron, Wade, Kobe and other superstars, wala pa ko kilala na ayaw kay DRose. and this is coming from a Wade and Kobe fan.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #3142 on: May 13, 2011 at 09:50 AM »
i agree. he's very political in his answers hehehe. joking aside, he could be the one to carry on Jordan's legacy. unlike Lebron, Wade, Kobe and other superstars, wala pa ko kilala na ayaw kay DRose. and this is coming from a Wade and Kobe fan.

go go Bulls...
go go Heats...

this time... ill pick my side.... doon ako sa may dugong Pilipino na team... go go HEAT... (pero okay lang kung Bulls man ang manalo).
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3143 on: May 13, 2011 at 10:05 AM »
The Celtics season wasn't over in the midseason when Perkins was traded no more than it was over in the offseason when Lebron made his "decision". The season isn't lost until you miss the playoffs of get defeated four times in a playoff series. While the loss of Perkins certainly had an effect on the outcome of the Celtic's season, saying that a certain franchise lost its season for something that happened as early as 3 months ago takes away a lot of credit from the opponents who eliminated them fairly and convincingly.

I agree with this. it also takes away the worthiness of your other players. as i've said, that trade was a big factor but not THE ONLY factor. Even the players and Doc Rivers doesn't look at their loss that way.

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3144 on: May 13, 2011 at 10:06 AM »

Yeah.. I hope Rose will stay humble.. unlike the other stars mentioned na may mga ere at yabang na..

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3145 on: May 13, 2011 at 10:11 AM »
Go BULLS,..!

Yan ang MVP,...

GO BULLS!!!

"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3146 on: May 13, 2011 at 10:13 AM »
si ray allen, delonte west at doc rivers lang naiwan at mga assistant. the rest, kg, pierce and company dumiretso na agad sa locker room.

ah ok, thx for the info, didn't see that part.

at least di sila nanakit nung natalo sila unlike...

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3147 on: May 13, 2011 at 10:19 AM »
ah ok, thx for the info, didn't see that part.

at least di sila nanakit nung natalo sila unlike...

pansin ko lang. when Lebron didn't congratulate their opponents when he was with the Cavs way back ang tindi ng backlash na nakuha nya. then ngayon Pierce, Garnett and co. did the same and wala man lang criticism?

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3148 on: May 13, 2011 at 10:20 AM »
Probably the loss of Coach Thibodeau was also a factor.

Come to think of it, Coach Thib could have made a big difference if he was still in the Celtics bench. Maybe even a bigger factor than the Perkins trade, Rondo injury and the aging big three.
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3149 on: May 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM »

my prediction:

sir loemarly, i have been expressing my dislike with LBJ but this time my congrats to you and Miami, and in this series, hands down i will bat for the Heat here, Wade, LBJ nad Bosh have more supueriro expereince than CHI. We will see this time if Rose would carry his MVP jersey, this is the toughest grind now.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus