Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 486727 times)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #3720 on: May 25, 2011 at 06:21 PM »
Mike Brown daw is the leading candidate to coach LAL? Seriously?! That guy doesn't know about offense.

is this the coach of cleveland before, jeez good luck
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3721 on: May 25, 2011 at 07:56 PM »
Non-NBA Playoff item...
-----
The Official Site of Nets Basketball
Past[Present]Future
"Jersey Strong. Brooklyn Ready."
-----
Maybe, an announcement before draft day. New Nickname? New Logo? New Uniforms? or maybe "Bagong Luma", Just like the Wizards/Jazz/Pistons/etc, adopting the styles of the past? Hmmm...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011 at 08:12 PM by geckoph »

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #3722 on: May 25, 2011 at 07:56 PM »
bagay n coach ni kobe si mj.. ;D

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #3723 on: May 25, 2011 at 08:05 PM »
is it just me,or is it thibs' pacing of his players that gas them out toward the end of the game?

or wala na lang syang choice kung sino ipapasok kaya halos di na nya palitan starters nya?

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #3724 on: May 25, 2011 at 08:13 PM »
is it just me,or is it thibs' pacing of his players that gas them out toward the end of the game?

or wala na lang syang choice kung sino ipapasok kaya halos di na nya palitan starters nya?

may nagcomment kanina na sana di niya pinagsabay si watson at drose. sana pinagpahinga niya maski kaunti si drose.

pag pukpukan na kasi sa playoffs may tendency ang ibang coach na mag-stick sa starters at umuunti ang rotation.

ang goodnews sa heat - si mike miller. the orig. part of the firstfive envisioned by pat riley kasama sila lbj dw cb at udonis. alam ko matindi din ang tres ni miller.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011 at 08:15 PM by ojofool »

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3725 on: May 25, 2011 at 08:14 PM »
bagay n coach ni kobe si mj.. ;D

juicekopopineapple!  ;D
bili na lang si kobe ng team niya  ;D

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #3726 on: May 25, 2011 at 08:47 PM »
who has a better chance of winning game 5? okc or bulls?

syempre bulls kasi homecourt...?

pero feeling ko mananalo bukas okc...wala lang..

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #3727 on: May 25, 2011 at 08:52 PM »
sana manalo pa okc at chi.more basketball for us.  :)

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3728 on: May 25, 2011 at 08:52 PM »
pwede, pero dapat babad na si RW ng first 3 quarters then banko na ng 4th..  ;D

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3729 on: May 25, 2011 at 08:54 PM »
i expect okc to come out swinging. but as i heard spo earlier- guys weather the storm. pag di natinag ang mavs, bibigay ang okc. esp pag umulan ng tres nina dirk,jT,peja even jK.

pahinog muna sila. at bigyan ng mas magandang supporting cast si KD.

ganun din ang bulls. i see a potential ala-isaiahThomas in dRose. explosive drive ala-prime allen iverson. mismong si MJ na ang humanga sa kanya, what better complement from the man whose statue stands tall at UC. ok na pippen niya si luol deng pero parang may kulang na rekado pa.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3730 on: May 25, 2011 at 09:20 PM »
Mike Brown daw is the leading candidate to coach LAL? Seriously?! That guy doesn't know about offense.

.i feel the Laker Management will give Brian Shaw a chance for continuity rather than hiring a new coach with a new system that may not be favorable for Bryant.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3731 on: May 25, 2011 at 09:27 PM »
Brown out of Warriors' search, to coach Lakers

Mike Brown will not be the next head coach of the Golden State Warriors.

Instead, Brown, the former coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, will be named the new coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, according to two league sources.

Brown was considered a frontrunner for the Warriors' job, but is expected to sign a four-year, $18 million contract with L.A. -- succeeding Phil Jackson as coach.

The Warriors have had informal discussions with approximately a dozen candidates, and owner Joe Lacob said on Tuesday that the team's head coaching search would start to pick up.

All indications were that Brown, who guided the Cavaliers to an NBA Finals appearance in 2007, was very much in the mix for the Golden State job. Brown was also said to be a candidate in Indiana.

Brown coached the Cavaliers for five seasons, from 2005 through 2010, and led them into the postseason each year. Members of the Warriors' front office -- excluding Lacob -- had talked informally to Brown about two weeks ago.

The Warriors are also said to be interested in current Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw, Boston assistant coach Lawrence Frank, former Minnesota Timberwolves coach and GM Kevin McHale and Dallas assistant Dwane Casey, among others.

Shaw, who had been Jackson's top assistant in L.A., was considered the frontrunner for the Lakers job. Shaw was endorsed by Kobe Bryant and most of the Lakers' players.

With Brown taking the Lakers job, it means there are currently three head coaching openings in the NBA: Golden State, Houston and Indiana. It is possible that jobs could come open in Minnesota and Detroit.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/05/24/11/Sources-Lakers-will-hire-Mike-Brown/landing_steinmetz_v3.html?blockID=528498&feedID=5986

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3732 on: May 25, 2011 at 09:41 PM »
lakers- philjax out, jerry west just jumped ship to GSW, whats next?  ::)

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3733 on: May 25, 2011 at 09:51 PM »
With the play of Miami recently, specially LBJ I compare them to a bunch of rabid dobermans or killer sharks... they were just there lingering the whole season but when they started playing great and they smelled blood they immidiately went for the kill...

Just proves how much winning confidence affects both players and teams.... comparing Miami before and today is like night and day... and this will continue to increase unless a team brings them down to earth again and make them think and doubt about their sudden invincibility by playing superior basketball and the Mavs are very capable of doing this, they also have proven they can win in the road on the playoffs.... but unless they do... Miami will be favored

This will be a great series if the Mavs and Heat close this out...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011 at 11:26 PM by wacksy1021 »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #3734 on: May 26, 2011 at 04:39 AM »
lakers- philjax out, jerry west just jumped ship to GSW, whats next?  ::)

eh matagal ng di connected in any official capacity si west sa lakers

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3735 on: May 26, 2011 at 05:18 AM »

eh matagal ng di connected in any official capacity si west sa lakers

sensha di na ako laker fan kaya outtatouch hehehe ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #3736 on: May 26, 2011 at 06:27 AM »
On the Brown hiring...

Its an idea I can get behind.  Wasnt my first choice.  Coach K (no way).   Shaw (continuity).  Adelman (veteran coach, success with vets).   But whoever was it anyway, he would have been maligned in some way coz he's succeeding PhilJax.

On Brown being maligned on his offensive sets as a coach, especially after his last series loss.

"Understand that when the Cavs were eliminated in the playoffs and Brown’s offensive creativity (or lack there of) was questioned most, the opponent was the Celtics. Those same Celtics that dissected the Triangle in 2008 and gave the Lakers all they could handle in 2010. Those same Celtics that know how to limit a key offensive weapon and force other players into positions where they need to make plays to loosen up the defense. If you’re going to measure Mike Brown on his ability to diagram offense that’s great enough to topple those defenses you’ve raised the bar pretty high. This isn’t to absolve Brown, but I think perspective is needed if judging his offense solely on the results from those series.   And do remember, his Cavs were in the upper echelon of offensive efficiency in his last two seasons, even better than the Lakers."

On handling Kobe, If PhilJax cannot control Kobe when he goes to his iso's, I think no one can do.   If Kobe is gonna go uncoachable mode...kahit sino pa yan Shaw or Adelman masasapawan.  But Kobe's smarter than that.  He's in his last years....and if they're gonna right the ship, he's gotta be aligned and board.

Brown's hiring was a surprise and is being criticized by Laker fans and non-laker fans (rejoice dpogs??) alike.....but this is a guy who won multiple 60 win seasons with Lebron and a bunch of role players.   He failed in his last playoff stint, and so did this Lakers. 

"This leads me to believe that a roster of experienced veterans that understand the stakes of championship basketball will also come together under his stewardship. Maybe I’m naïve, but the core of this team has been through all the battles before and after this past years failure will be hungry to get back to the mountain top. Mike Brown is a coach that should also have that same hunger to succeed after falling short in his final two seasons in Cleveland. To me, both the coach and the players are already starting from the same common ground."

In the end, I see the merits of him landing the job and why the Lakers chose him.   Proof will be the results, we can only wait and see.

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
« Reply #3737 on: May 26, 2011 at 06:52 AM »
head coach or not the lakers must keep brian shaw. I'm bothered that itsanother "new" start for the LAkers. Kobe is getting slower no time to try new things. Live and die with the triangle.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #3738 on: May 26, 2011 at 07:02 AM »
head coach or not the lakers must keep brian shaw. I'm bothered that itsanother "new" start for the LAkers. Kobe is getting slower no time to try new things. Live and die with the triangle.
 I see Shaw getting a head coaching gig somewhere....no luck.  Would be great if he stays though....

Lakers didnt exclusively ran the Triangle offense anyway.  Ill be more worried about what they will do with the PG spot.  I think Fisher has overstayed his spot in the starting 5.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011 at 07:04 AM by Munskie »

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
« Reply #3739 on: May 26, 2011 at 07:06 AM »
 I see Shaw getting a head coaching gig somewhere....no luck.  Would be great if he stays though....

Lakers didnt exclusively ran the Triangle offense anyway.  Ill be more worried about what they will do with the PG spot.  I think Fisher has overstayed his spot in the starting 5.

I think Golden State for Shaw... :-\ aaron brooks will be a free agent.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #3740 on: May 26, 2011 at 08:25 AM »
55-52 at halftime in favor of okc
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3741 on: May 26, 2011 at 09:13 AM »
alam ko na ngayon bakit ang daming asar sa laro ni westbrook

sa tagal tagal ko ng naglalaro ng basketball and nanonood nito, nagyon lang ako nakakaita ng ganitong player, yung attitude parang naala ko si latrell sprewell sa kanya, sa laro, poor shot selction, looking to shoot more than to pass, stephen marbury nga na PG ito

on the other hand, mkuhang mas ok pa yata na si harden na lang mag PG
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline mandyb

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3742 on: May 26, 2011 at 09:32 AM »
alam ko na ngayon bakit ang daming asar sa laro ni westbrook

sa tagal tagal ko ng naglalaro ng basketball and nanonood nito, nagyon lang ako nakakaita ng ganitong player, yung attitude parang naala ko si latrell sprewell sa kanya, sa laro, poor shot selction, looking to shoot more than to pass, stephen marbury nga na PG ito

on the other hand, mkuhang mas ok pa yata na si harden na lang mag PG

agree with you on westbrook, mas okay rin si harden mag pg..

anyways its always enjoyable to watch close games like this

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #3743 on: May 26, 2011 at 09:41 AM »
mukhang mauulit ung comeback ng dallas ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #3744 on: May 26, 2011 at 09:50 AM »
^ Mukhang ganun na nga.  Double black eye, if ever, for OKC.  They were leading for the most part.  But here comes Dirk Diggler.
We deserve better.

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3745 on: May 26, 2011 at 09:54 AM »
The Matrix Reloaded... big game by Marion... Clutch 3 by Dirk...

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3746 on: May 26, 2011 at 09:55 AM »
napakasakit koya eddie?  ::)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3747 on: May 26, 2011 at 09:57 AM »
Deep inside, I want this Mavs to be champs but for this game, just for this game, sana naman wag na masilat ang OKC.  Awang awang na ako :'(

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3748 on: May 26, 2011 at 09:59 AM »
ganyan talaga pag nag-uumpisa pa. alala ko dati bulls di makalusot laging bugbogsarado sa pistons

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #3749 on: May 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM »
Hayyy... very inexperienced talaga. sayang yung lead kanina. kulang sa consistency at determination to win. next year na lang uli.

Give credit to Mavs. they deserve it.