Author Topic: 500 seating capacity Commercial digital theater  (Read 2605 times)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
500 seating capacity Commercial digital theater
« on: Jul 08, 2010 at 06:23 AM »
I am working in a government office and I was recently task to come up with a budget estimate for a 500 digital theater with at least 500 seating capacity. My concern is only the specs of the projector and the sound system. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks ;)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: 500 seating capacity Commercial digital theater
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 07:10 AM »
Wow cool project. You should get one of those big projectors (old fashion types that projects 5,000 lumens or more). The sound system would be easy, just get 4 subwoofers and pro system speakers like JBL/Bose. Are the speakers going to be flushed/built-in within the walls? Or pwede exterior type?
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 08:24 AM »
you may want to list down some requirements like
1. Quality ng picture, what are you going to view ?
2. Audio ?  Do you need DTS 5.1, 7.1 or  2 Channel audio would be enough
3. Size ng room
4. Budget ?

I am working in a government office and I was recently task to come up with a budget estimate for a 500 digital theater with at least 500 seating capacity. My concern is only the specs of the projector and the sound system. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks ;)

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2010 at 03:34 PM »
Our chairman wants "state of the art" equipment for the theater. The theater will be used for the various programs of the government and it can also be rented for various purposes like graduation rites or theatrical presentations, etc.

-I am recommending equipments for digital media files para mas madali ang operation.
-Surround sound system should be at least similar to those we have in commercial theaters. DTS/DD
-500 seat capacity theater -- parang AFP theater ito.
-budget is open. Kung magkano ilalagay sa total price ng project. My assignment is the budget for the projector and the sound system.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Adam Warlock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Audio is hobby not obsession
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2010 at 01:10 PM »
Sir please browse this site
Since your chairman want the state of the art...
http://www.christiedigital.com/AMEN/Markets/DigitalCinema/

I think they produce one of the best commercial digital projectors. Hope this help.

Cheers

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 07:31 PM »
Adam -- yes Christies is one of my options

I recently had a conference with the supplier of the equipment now being used in SM and Robinsons digital theaters. No formal offers yet but it seems that we are hitting the 20 to 25m budget already which include the digital media, surround processors, speakers, the digital projector, Theater screen, cables, microphones, installation service.

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 11:20 AM »
Questions:

How big is the room?

Acoustics will play a key role if you want a state of the art theatre.

Will you be using digital cinema sources(2k) or Blu ray(1080p/24p)?

You will surely be using pro grade components from JBL, EV, BSS, QSC and Crown to get it right.
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 12:09 PM »
Questions:

How big is the room?

Acoustics will play a key role if you want a state of the art theatre.

Will you be using digital cinema sources(2k) or Blu ray(1080p/24p)?

You will surely be using pro grade components from JBL, EV, BSS, QSC and Crown to get it right.

About 20m x 50m at least.I will be recommending bluray other than the usual DVD. Yes acoustics will be critical. I am still waiting for the detailed price estimates. ;)

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 12:17 PM »
You need a firm which can handle both acoustics and equipment. Since the floor area is 1000 m2, it's very different from your typical HT. Why don't you try AV Driver? They implement these kinds of projects.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline DonT

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 12:19 PM »
There goes the tax payers money.  :D

Offline titopepe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #10 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 12:40 PM »
sir, pwede kita refer sa client namin.
kami nag dedeliver ng theater seats sa mga malls para sa client namin...
call me tito... tito pepe!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 02:20 PM »
There goes the tax payers money.  :D

baket naman sir. i dont find anything wrong in our government investing in such a project, and since it will also be an income generating project as well (rental). as long as the stated budget is really spent for the project itself. then go for it.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2010 at 02:35 PM by iiinas »

Offline onedown

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 02:31 PM »
how about the synthesis system?
synthesis overview
peace man!

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #13 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 09:58 PM »
Hindi ata enough for a 500 seat theater ang JBL Synthesis. Pro audio talaga malamang kailangan diyan.

Baka makatulong sila:
http://www.acoustics.com.ph/acousticanalysis.html

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Aug 05, 2010 at 07:41 AM »
There goes the tax payers money.  :D
Don I agree -- for such reason that this project is given so much thinking hours because this will still need congressional approval. I was just given the task to come up with budget estimates for the audio and video. I had initial talks with the company that supplied digital projectors in SM and Robinson cinemas, hence i may be in the right direction now. the Sanyo projector costs at least 2.5 to 3m. - More affordable than Christies which costs around 5m.

The seat and acoustics are assigned to another person but Tito Pepe TY if you can provide me the contact number.   ;D

Thanks for all the ideas -- keep it coming brothers...  ;)

Offline DonT

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 05, 2010 at 07:57 AM »
baket naman sir. i dont find anything wrong in our government investing in such a project, and since it will also be an income generating project as well (rental). as long as the stated budget is really spent for the project itself. then go for it.

I don't want to start a debate or argument here...Definitely there is nothing wrong for us to discuss here suggestions for Jerix's project.
What I find repulsive..is that..wala na ba mapaglagyan ang gov't ng pera? If they need such a facility..then why don't they just hire commercially available digital cinemas or THX cinemas around.  ???
Kung yung mga commercial cinemas...nahihirapan mapuno...I doubt the economics of this gov't project. Baka gatasan lang iyan ng mga iilan. >:(
I ask forgiveness...since my post was out of context and unsolicited. sorry.  :'(

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 05, 2010 at 12:33 PM »
Don T -- I think there is also no problem on your thoughts bro, and I agree dapat marunong ang gobyerno natin mag-isip kung saan dapat ilalaan ang pera.

This theater as i have explained in my earlier post will be used for the various programs of the government and it can also be rented for various purposes like graduation rites or theatrical presentations, etc. In fact this theater will only be one of the various components of the Human Resource Establishment my agency wants to propose. The government is spending so much money for trainings and various HR interventions abroad, so the aim is to bring the technology here so that intervention shall just be conducted here.  ;)