Author Topic: "static"  (Read 817 times)

Offline omeldoc

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"static"
« on: Jul 19, 2010 at 08:33 AM »
need your input gurus. my HT set-up has this underlying "kshhh" sound when playing, kumbaga, hindi malinis yung tunog, parang FM radio na hindi naka-tune properly. Hindi ganun kalakas, ang impression sa listening area eh magaspang ang sound. I don't think its a ground loop kasi nagkaroon na ako ng ganun sa audio system ko and i know it's a hum with your gears on and not playing. Itong "static" (for lack of a better word) sa system ko, naririnig ko lang pag nag-play (whether dvd or cd). System is pretty quiet pag naka-on and walang nagpe-play. System is: pioneer DV220, sakura av386, speaker wire sa front: peavey cables, sa center and sub: g14swan cables (no rears yet); ICs: audio-pro ata (from ACE). Located sa attic ang HT, has a dedicated Mains source, no other electrical equipment in the attic other than a fan.  Thanks in advance.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: "static"
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 08:56 AM »
Has it been like this from the start?  If not, when did it start and what did you do to the system before the problem started?    Is the noise coming from all channels?   I suppose you're suing analog connection between the player and the amp.  Is it stereo or 5.1?

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2010 at 09:09 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline omeldoc

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 01:24 PM »
hi sir. been like that from the start, all channels affected, analog from player to amp. Amp has L/R inputs lang, not 5 channel, but has 5 channel output (F/C/R). I'm using the rear output for my sub.

mukhang yung amp ang maingay. I swapped players, noise still there. swapped amps, ayun, malinis na tumunog. the adage is true, you get what you pay for, hay. I wonder if this is a defect or reflection lang ng poor quality ng amp? How can i clean this up kaya?

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 05:03 PM »
i was about to suggest you do some process of elimination starting with the player if all the channels are affected. Good thing you've narrowed it down to the amp.  Unfortunately, I have no ready answer for you.   The only noise-related problem I was able to solve in the past was the crossover distortion in a class A.B amp.  But that was on low volume sound which was solved by increasing the bias from a trimmer resistor on the paired power transistors in each channel
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2010 at 05:04 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline omeldoc

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 09:30 PM »
i was about to suggest you do some process of elimination starting with the player if all the channels are affected. Good thing you've narrowed it down to the amp.  Unfortunately, I have no ready answer for you.   The only noise-related problem I was able to solve in the past was the crossover distortion in a class A.B amp.  But that was on low volume sound which was solved by increasing the bias from a trimmer resistor on the paired power transistors in each channel

my thanks just the same sir...

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM »
hi sir. been like that from the start, all channels affected, analog from player to amp. Amp has L/R inputs lang, not 5 channel, but has 5 channel output (F/C/R). I'm using the rear output for my sub.

mukhang yung amp ang maingay. I swapped players, noise still there. swapped amps, ayun, malinis na tumunog. the adage is true, you get what you pay for, hay. I wonder if this is a defect or reflection lang ng poor quality ng amp? How can i clean this up kaya?

If it's under warranty, return it sa seller or dealer. Don't bother fixing it if it's under warranty. It might render your warranty void kasi ginalaw mo. Hayaan mo silang sumakit ang ulo.  ;D