Author Topic: PINOY Films GREATEST MOVIE Moments  (Read 22711 times)

Offline llanesmark777

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • You don't know the power of the dark side.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PINOY Films GREATEST MOVIE Moments
« Reply #90 on: Jan 02, 2007 at 10:32 AM »
Bagets !!!!!  :) :) :) :) :)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Jan 04, 2007 at 03:49 PM »
I liked Nora when she gets angry.......she's at her best. Very angry like what she did to Maya Valdez in O'hara's BULAKLAK SA CITY JAIL, beating her to a pulp!
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2007 at 03:51 PM by keating »

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Jan 04, 2007 at 07:18 PM »
See, with Scorpio Nights, it's the combination of extreme sexual arousal and sudden ultraviolence that gives it its power. The blood rushing to and from your phallus leaves you dizzy.

Rustica Carpio almost lost her sanity after reviewing the film for Director's Guild screening at Greenbelt Cinema where Peque was a former member and ordered to cut the scene where the light bulb of Orestes Ojeda was shown.  ;D

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 09:08 AM »

There are SO MANY pinoy films' greatest moments but I would consider the scene of the Sharon Cuneta starrer, Bituing Walang Ningning. The dialogue itself is memorable enough. We know the scene already.....

Here goes the line uttered by Cherie Gil as Lavinia Arguelles, " Sinira mo ang kanta. Binaboy mo. Baliw ang nagsasabing isinilang na ang aking karibal... You'll never make it.. You're nothing but a second-rate, trying hard, copycat!"

Enough said.

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 09:28 PM »
Lino Brocka's "Ora Pronobis":

Philip Salvador crying and embracing a dead child (magnified by the complete silence of the scene).

Offline sosy_high

• Collector
  • Missing you...
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 01:52 PM »
Pasolini's SALO is perhaps the most disturbing and graphic film I've ever saw in terms of cruelty and torture scenes.

Definitely not for the faint hearted and squeamish.

In terms of shock value, the bloody finale in Gallaga's SCORPIO NIGHTS is still unmatched.

IMHO, the torture scenes in ICHI THE KILLER (Japanese movie) was much more graphic....I can't forget that TV scene! so gruesome

anyway my list are:

1) Bembol Roco's closeup scene in Maynila sa mga kuko ng liwanag-wala nang scene na nakapag STUN saken ng ganito. Even more stunning than any other scenes in 2001: A Space Odyssey, Gone with the Wind and in The Godfather.

2) Any scenes of Kuala walking alone in Tinimbang ka ngunit kulang-those priceless facial expressions...fantastic and very heartbreaking

3) "Walang Himala" in Himala-nuff said

4) That confrontation scene between Lolita and Nora in Ina ka ng Anak mo-the TV almost explode. That scene was very well acted...

5) Plantsa in Insiang- :o :o :o