Author Topic: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player  (Read 251590 times)

Offline geronimoborlat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player
« Reply #300 on: Jan 18, 2011 at 09:50 PM »
Sir Garfield help nman, Paano po b gmitin yung bittorrent sa measy, email ko po [email protected], upgraded n po sa 8.95 ung measy ko, thanks in advance

Offline hagibis2011

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 12:24 AM »
Hi Guys,

Help naman po sa mga gurus natin dyan.

My concern is that some of my mkv files are not displaying as expected.
There is no audio and video. Pero pag sa PC ko sya i-play eh OK naman
I have measy e8hd with 6.23FW. Ano po ba maganda solution sa problem ko?
or my settings ba na need ko i-set?Patulong naman po.

Maraming Salamat!!!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway".

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 09:34 AM »
Hi Guys,

Help naman po sa mga gurus natin dyan.

My concern is that some of my mkv files are not displaying as expected.
There is no audio and video. Pero pag sa PC ko sya i-play eh OK naman
I have measy e8hd with 6.23FW. Ano po ba maganda solution sa problem ko?
or my settings ba na need ko i-set?Patulong naman po.

Maraming Salamat!!!

get mkvtoolnix 4.0.0.0 at videohelp and remux them. to test also via pc if they will run on your measy, use powerdvd10. if it doesnt play on powerdvd10, it will also not play on our measy.  :)

Offline shauntot

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 11:31 AM »
IM not sure. maybe it will depend on your universal remote. If I'm not mistaken, pwede program yata yan.

thanks Gary, I haven't gotten a universal remote yet, still looking for one that can "learn" the commands/features from another remote. The logitech remotes seem to have a lot of brands that their univ remotes can support, unfortunately measy isn't one of them kasi.

Offline kompressor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 04:13 PM »
Current firmware still at 6.23AW

I was able to finish downloads using the one download at a time approach. Another bug I found with the BT client is that it won't continue the DL if the unit got turned off in the middle of it.

Will try next to limit the system to 1 DL at a time then queue several downloads, will see if it will finish all of them.

I also found a bug with the display output mode. If I turn off the TV and turn it back on (with the NMT continuously on), the display mode goes back to 480p and the only remaining options I have are 720p and 1080i. If however, I turn the unit off (while TV is turned on) and back on, I can again reselect 1080p/60 (with 1080p/24 when viewing movies).

Are you guys experiencing the same?

Offline d1towatchout4

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM »
For me, I have v 8.95, an from time to time, I can't connect to the BT Page. It doesn't display my downloads anymore. I have to turn the unit off pa or something so they'll display again.

Current firmware still at 6.23AW

I was able to finish downloads using the one download at a time approach. Another bug I found with the BT client is that it won't continue the DL if the unit got turned off in the middle of it.

Will try next to limit the system to 1 DL at a time then queue several downloads, will see if it will finish all of them.

I also found a bug with the display output mode. If I turn off the TV and turn it back on (with the NMT continuously on), the display mode goes back to 480p and the only remaining options I have are 720p and 1080i. If however, I turn the unit off (while TV is turned on) and back on, I can again reselect 1080p/60 (with 1080p/24 when viewing movies).

Are you guys experiencing the same?

Offline hagibis2011

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 12:56 AM »
get mkvtoolnix 4.0.0.0 at videohelp and remux them. to test also via pc if they will run on your measy, use powerdvd10. if it doesnt play on powerdvd10, it will also not play on our measy.  :)

Sir Zenki,

My mkv files were playing on my PC but not on my measy with 6.23 FW.

Thanks,
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway".

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 03:24 AM »
sir garfield, question lang po. can a universal remote replace the remote of the measy? i have 4 remotes kasi, was thinking of getting a universal to replace the 4. thanks!

I think you'll have to use a learning remote control to copy the signals from the original. I'm currently using my receiver's learning remote control for the Measy.

Offline shauntot

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 09:49 AM »
I think you'll have to use a learning remote control to copy the signals from the original. I'm currently using my receiver's learning remote control for the Measy.

you're correct sir. I used to be able to do that with my Marantz receiver's remote, unfortunately it isn't with me anymore so I'll have to find another learning remote. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Offline actino

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 10:15 AM »
Just upgraded to FW 8.95 from 6.23aw

Upgraded twice, don't know what the advantage was but it allowed me to upgrade the second time.

Initial things I have noticed

Issues I have noticed with 8.95:
Files are not listed alphabetically
Shown in thumbnail all the time when you turn the unit off then on again; it does not memorize how you want to view your files.

Improvements from 6.23:
1) When playing a file, it plays from the start of the file not 1 second after the start
2) Better file compatibility. Tested file was mp4, did not want to play under 6.23.
3) Better time seek
4) Memorizes where you have stopped playing a file better (but I haven't tested this out extensively yet)

Speed is pretty much the same compared to 6.23. It's too close to actually tell if there is a real difference in speed.

I think I am sticking with this Firmware for now as the 2 small issues I have found just seem to be minor.

Offline kompressor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 02:56 PM »
For me, I have v 8.95, an from time to time, I can't connect to the BT Page. It doesn't display my downloads anymore. I have to turn the unit off pa or something so they'll display again.

Do your downloads resume after turning the unit off and on? I'm on 6.23AW and it seems that they don't resume once the unit gets turned off. The status actually goes back to zero percent and not getting any peers or download speed.

Offline d1towatchout4

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 07:28 PM »
Do your downloads resume after turning the unit off and on? I'm on 6.23AW and it seems that they don't resume once the unit gets turned off. The status actually goes back to zero percent and not getting any peers or download speed.

They will resume bro. During the time that it is inactive, it will display 0% progress, but once it starts resuming (just leave it on for a while, it will resume), the real % progress will show. I've successfully downloaded 2 1080p movies so far via the 6.23fw before I upgraded to 8.95.

Offline stick_shift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 08:29 PM »
Question mga sirs... does your measy turn on automatically when you plug it sa power source? It should default to like yung standby mode right? I have mine hooked up sa AVR but whenever I switch the AVR on, yung measy automatic na nag-on din eh. I'm thinking this might be a defect... please enlighten me. thanks! :)

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 09:09 PM »
Question mga sirs... does your measy turn on automatically when you plug it sa power source? It should default to like yung standby mode right? I have mine hooked up sa AVR but whenever I switch the AVR on, yung measy automatic na nag-on din eh. I'm thinking this might be a defect... please enlighten me. thanks! :)

Its not a defect. That's the normal thing. It turn ON automatically when Plug.

Offline kompressor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 09:40 PM »
They will resume bro. During the time that it is inactive, it will display 0% progress, but once it starts resuming (just leave it on for a while, it will resume), the real % progress will show. I've successfully downloaded 2 1080p movies so far via the 6.23fw before I upgraded to 8.95.

Thanks! I'll try to be more patient then will check results.

How about if you stop them and resume? I haven't had success or maybe I'm not that patient?  :)

Offline d1towatchout4

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM »

Thanks! I'll try to be more patient then will check results.

How about if you stop them and resume? I haven't had success or maybe I'm not that patient?  :)

Based from my experience, yes, the downloads do resume when you stop and start them again. This is for 6.23fw.

I'm starting to become frustrated with 8.95fw in terms of its BT capabilities. Numerous times, I can't see the downloads altogether. Only after restarting Measy will they start to re-appear. Oh well...

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 10:47 PM »
Based from my experience, yes, the downloads do resume when you stop and start them again. This is for 6.23fw.

I'm starting to become frustrated with 8.95fw in terms of its BT capabilities. Numerous times, I can't see the downloads altogether. Only after restarting Measy will they start to re-appear. Oh well...

Have you tried the 8.95R? or is it already in 8.95R FW?

Offline bukoy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 07:54 AM »

Pre improvise nalang ako man din ayoko sana ng ganon ung biglang pasok ng kuryente sa unit, you may try buying a plug adapter na may switch where in you can switch it off first when plugging then turn it on when you want to use it the unit. Just a suggestion bro.

Offline pegasus123

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 09:56 AM »
Pre improvise nalang ako man din ayoko sana ng ganon ung biglang pasok ng kuryente sa unit, you may try buying a plug adapter na may switch where in you can switch it off first when plugging then turn it on when you want to use it the unit. Just a suggestion bro.

correct, i do not need to unplugged it when you have the switch ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011 at 09:57 AM by pegasus123 »

Offline EugeneCruise

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 12:54 PM »
I am having trouble copying movies from my flash drive into the internal HDD.  I already selected the file from the source but when I reached the destination folder, it says press red button to copy.  When I pressed the red button in the remote nothing happened.  Anyone here expereienced the same thing?

Offline eaferrer

• Collector
  • So little time, So many gadgets to buy ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 03:00 PM »
This unit's new firmware is still a joke  >:( , Measy is a joke of a company . Just so you know guys i only bought these units ( yes i bought 3 units ) just because i like the remote and the BT function. But alas, BT sucks, no list of compatible USB wireless device, file transfer is very slow (local and over the net), not all files can be played, file browsing is lagging, and to top it all,there is no legit site or forum to give us support ( measy forum site is spammed).

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #321 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 03:14 PM »
Buti nalang pala decided on the Xtreamer. When I saw the features of Measy, sort of had a buyer's remorse. If Xtreamer will support BT download in the future firmware(3.0?), No more remorse. I am satisfied with my xtreamer, the only lacking feature that I need is the BT download.

Offline biggie9385

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 04:05 PM »
After using my measy for a week, i think that its really worth it.  It successfully downloaded one movie torrent I queued.  It was able to play all of my movies (though i have to save into .iso some of my dvd copies).  Plays 1080p on my LG lcdtv.  Btw, i am using a very cheap cd*-k**g wifi n dongle connected to my share it router.  Will try updating the firmware tonight.

Offline THE Dream

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 05:36 PM »
Got my Measy Player from a shop yesterday. So far so good. I had fun watching my MKV at last in my LCDTV. It play all my file smoothly.

Haven't try the BT yet. I use Hotfile to DL not BT. So direct in PC and much faster. For the price I got, worth it na ito 3.5" Internal HDD pa. May 1 year warranty pa.

:-)
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011 at 05:37 PM by THE Dream »

Offline d1towatchout4

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 11:37 PM »
Have you tried the 8.95R? or is it already in 8.95R FW?

Yes bro, 8.95r already.. :(

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Jan 22, 2011 at 06:15 AM »
Yes bro, 8.95r already.. :(

I think if BT is so impt for you. Downgrade to 6.23aw. I can give you instruction.

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1896
« Reply #326 on: Jan 22, 2011 at 04:36 PM »
for the latest firmware, do you really have to update it twice?

Offline geronimoborlat

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Jan 22, 2011 at 04:45 PM »
Sir by is also important to me, please help me to downgrade, my email is [email protected]

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Jan 22, 2011 at 07:34 PM »
for the latest firmware, do you really have to update it twice?

YEs..if you want 8.95R. But the BT is not yet perfect.

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Jan 22, 2011 at 07:35 PM »
Sir by is also important to me, please help me to downgrade, my email is [email protected]

I'll Email the instruction.