Author Topic: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player  (Read 251207 times)

Offline potek

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Master Kalikut
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player
« Reply #450 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 07:36 AM »
FINALLY DIN!  V8.96 is loaded.

Comments so far : VerY GOOD at least, compare to other versions. Everything is responsive INCLUDING       theremote.   As they said that standby issue during power failure is not yet fixed..yeah its a minor issue anyway. I like that bar scan function next to the time and track scan. THE DVD functions had improved, you can eject the tray using the eject button on the remote. Some titles dont work but not the unit's problem, more on region issues.

To me theres just that 1 big issue, if your not carefull enough your be in big crap. The partition HDD partition issue. If you accidentally confirming it your files will gone.....

Let me see later what happens if I format my HDD as instructed by the unit, if the ERROR goes away. Otherwise its a BUG!

Guys,,,,, anybody had done this? format your HDD using th system? If the ERROR goes away...

Im begining to appreciate again measy, dati gusto ko ng mag palit ng HD1055 plus  he he he he un lang may conflict sa remote sa TV ko......
To fix things...learn how they works

Offline kompressor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 12:37 PM »
Could it be because the HDD again needs to be reformatted for the BT and Samba to work?

*Good thing I at the meantime have only around less than 500GB but it's growing given my queued downloads.

Since I have a backup HDD, I may try upgrading to 8.96 sa weekend if time permits. If I don't deem it fitting the requirements, at least I know I still have 6.23AW as a rollback option, thanks again to Gary/garfield03 for the instructions.

Offline pegasus123

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 01:12 PM »

Comments so far : VerY GOOD at least, compare to other versions. Everything is responsive INCLUDING       theremote.   As they said that standby issue during power failure is not yet fixed..yeah its a minor issue anyway. I like that bar scan function next to the time and track scan. THE DVD functions had improved, you can eject the tray using the eject button on the remote. Some titles dont work but not the unit's problem, more on region issues.

To me theres just that 1 big issue, if your not carefull enough your be in big crap. The partition HDD partition issue. If you accidentally confirming it your files will gone.....

Let me see later what happens if I format my HDD as instructed by the unit, if the ERROR goes away. Otherwise its a BUG!

Guys,,,,, anybody had done this? format your HDD using th system? If the ERROR goes away...

Im begining to appreciate again measy, dati gusto ko ng mag palit ng HD1055 plus  he he he he un lang may conflict sa remote sa TV ko......

di ko ma gets yung power on issue.. un ba yung pag saksak power on agad? i think its normal.

Offline potek

• Collector
  • Master Kalikut
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 02:35 PM »
@pegasus123

Yes it is. Normally, if you plug the units AC mains (same as many electronic equipment) it should be in standby mode, hindi yong naka on agad. When I say "on" the unit is already booting.

Offline emer090765

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 06:28 PM »
sir newbie here in this forum..kabibili ko lang ng measy, fw 6.23a but i can't run the bt/samba correctly pag on ko ng power tignan ko set-up----system---bt/samba naka on pero pag start ko na yung downloading ng bt files via sa pc  bigla siyang mag-off, reset ko siya then okay nanaman yung bt/samba sa system on nanaman, para siyang intermittent na di mo malaman. Have tried this work around, load ko ulit yung fw 6.23---then format hd pero ganoon pa rin, mag on yung bt/samba pero when start downloading mag off nanaman. Naka wired yung network nito pala. If there's anybody that had experience this patulong naman po. thanks

Router TP link WR841N

Offline pegasus123

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 11:27 PM »
@potek.

baka naman you can  fileserve.com the E8HD V8.96 firmware?

Just like you i am having a difficult time downloading the latest firmware. did you get the BT and SAMBA working fine? am helping out a friend and looks like i need to flash the firmware.

hmm no one uses download manager?  im getting 280kbps right now. 2mins download time

Offline pegasus123

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 11:56 PM »
Just flashed to 8.96 its very responsive. I never saw the hdd partition issue. My hdd drive was already formatted by measy way back from 6.23aw

Good:
Remote control is back
 *http://<ip>  --> Remote Control
 *http://<ip>/home.html --> Torrent
File sharing for all googler's
Surround TrueHD

Bad:
Samba does not work.

sa mga nag update gumagana ba ang network share?
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2011 at 01:18 PM by pegasus123 »

Offline actino

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 10:37 AM »
I have found a minor audio bug.

It seems not all 6ch audio works. Files which used to work under previous FW now does not have the Center channel it seems. You hear all the background noise but no speech. Measy HDMI output is connected to TV.

Some still have speech but other dont ><

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #458 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 12:32 PM »
From the very first get go guys,
may nakita ba kayong problema sa original firmware ng units ninyo,..?
What made you decide na mag-upgrade ng firmware,..?

Cheers,...

Offline roycejp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 08:30 PM »
In V8.96 DVD support has been removed !.
DVD ROM is no longer detected when plugged in.
Sad... !

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #460 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 03:44 PM »
where to plug the USB stick containing the V8.96 install.img 1st or 2nd port? do you need to press the reset button pa just to get the image to load off USB?

A. I copied the install.img to the USB stick, plugged the USB stick to USB host (1st nearest to LAN port), restarted the media player (power off then on). I get prompt "version 8.80 upgrade?" OK and screen went blank  and after a while rebooted and after v 8.8 pa din.
I dont get the " progress bar / DO NOT POWER OFF" prompt as it says in the manual.

Am i missing something?

the V8.96 unRARed image file is only : 60.2 MB -

but site says V8.96  Size: 70.6M
Release Date: 2011-01-15 08:30:00
File Type:.rar
Version:V8.96"

can someone check if your downloaded is 60.2MB

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2011 at 04:28 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #461 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 04:14 PM »
Bad:
Samba does not work.

sa mga nag update gumagana ba ang network share?

Doesn't work for me. Mula nung 8 series FW, di ko na mapagana. Ewan ko if I'm doing something wrong.

Sabi ng iba dapat daw BT or Samba lang, not both. But I tried that, to no avail.

Offline pegasus123

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 08:19 PM »
Doesn't work for me. Mula nung 8 series FW, di ko na mapagana. Ewan ko if I'm doing something wrong.

Sabi ng iba dapat daw BT or Samba lang, not both. But I tried that, to no avail.

gumagana nman sya nung 8.95. i actually did connect via telnet and search for samba process and its not running. tried to start it manually din but to no avail..

Offline actino

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 08:40 PM »
The issue with the audio I have been getting from the new firmware 8.96 seems to be with MKV's only. If I convert the same mkv file to m2ts the audio works fine.

Hmmm.. I wonder what's wrong

EDIT - Even converting to m2ts does not solve the problem. it seems the problem is with 6ch AAC. I dont seem to have this problem with AC3 audio.

Will probably just downgrade back to 8.95r for now. Converting all to 2ch audio is a pain. hehe
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2011 at 07:11 AM by actino »

Offline 3j

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Feb 26, 2011 at 08:58 PM »
Did anybody noticed this issue on V8.96? > activation of some subtitles are not consistent, after activation (set to English) or modification in size, color etc. and when windows of subtitle fade no subtitle appeared, check it again and the the setting is off.

Offline VOTCHOG

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: Feb 27, 2011 at 06:23 PM »
nakaka play ba ng dvd-iso at bd-iso ang e8hd

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #466 on: Feb 27, 2011 at 06:32 PM »
There a recommended tool to grab cover art to put pictures to the folders which contain the *.mkv files?
toy

Offline actino

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: Feb 27, 2011 at 07:01 PM »
Downgraded back to 8.95R. Will wait for the next FW update and hope it retains all the nice features of 8.96
Missing the speed already.

Offline glennjv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: Feb 27, 2011 at 09:53 PM »
Has anyone able to enable DTS HD and TrueHD Master Audio on the Measy?

It looks like it doesn't  support it, so beware.

I tried my friends Mede8er and my receiver detected the movie as DTS HD with no problems.

Offline kompressor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 09:59 AM »

I tried my friends Mede8er and my receiver detected the movie as DTS HD with no problems.

Have you tried setting the digital audio out to RAW?

So far nasa 6.23AW pa rin ako and I somehow live with it. Plays all the formats that I use (for now) and both BT and Samba working.

Offline shauntot

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM »

na try niyo na sir? di naman nabura lahat ng files?

i'm getting this error too upon start up

Offline THE Dream

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 03:50 PM »

I tried the MEasy DTS HD and it works great in my JVC Receiver. Setup SPDIF RAW.

Offline glennjv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 12:20 AM »
I tried the MEasy DTS HD and it works great in my JVC Receiver. Setup SPDIF RAW.

Yes both HDMI and SPDIF are set to RAW.

Just an FYI sir... from what i read its impossible to PASS THRU DTS-HD and TrueHD via SPDIF.
Are you playing a movie with a Master Audio?
How do you know that you're receiver is decoding a master audio?

for my pioneer vsx-520-k, a HD light lits up.  DTSHD and the Dolby sign with a HD.

I know because when I tested my friends Mede8er with the latest firmware.  (everything is the same except the NMT player.  HT, HDMI cable, etc)  THE DTS HD and TrueHD was detected by the receiver.
So Measy was the culprit.  IT currently can't pass thru Master Audio unless a firmware will be released like for the Mede8er.  I'm using 8.95R.

8.96 doesn't say anything about MA pass thru.

Offline glennjv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 12:26 AM »
wow that was fast... i checked the measy website...

firmware 9.01 is there..

Offline THE Dream

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 07:19 AM »
I'm using JVC-RX5032V Receiver. And all my DTS video played well. The DTS on the receiver lights up. My friend DEnon Receiver also works pretty good.

Offline potek

• Collector
  • Master Kalikut
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 08:24 AM »
OO nga may V9.01 pero  di pa downloadable  he he he. V8.96 yong file. Baka inaayos pa...Im exicted

Offline pegasus123

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 09:56 AM »
i just upgraded to 9.01 since my samba does not work.

Good:

Samba do work now.
improve  infomation windows:  try to press "info" key  of remote controller
Add dual "time seek"   function:  try to press "time seek" key  of remote controller twice

Bad:
Subtitles does not work anymore.

This version much acceptable since i use samba a lot to transfer files.
Why do measy keeps releasing sub quality firmware?

Offline roycejp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 10:36 AM »
V9.01

Partition Error message at power up is now fixed  ;D.

DVD ROM support still absent (shows 'DVD plug in' when DVD rom is connected & randomly shows 'DVD unplugged', then DVD icon vanishes.

I agree with previous poster. Why cannot Measy release a proper firmware. Always something broken in every release.

Offline kompressor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 11:32 AM »
How about the BT client? Does it work with 9.01?

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 01:21 PM »
How about the BT client? Does it work with 9.01?

Hello, the new FW 9.01 is only a beta version now. Because Measy now is using the latest Realtek 1073 SDK4 for the player E8HD.
Next Monday, March 7th, the new FW V9.01-2 will come out, and it can support FTP protocol, Bit Torrent Download, and also PT download, Emule Download:)