Author Topic: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player  (Read 251141 times)

Offline terminator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player
« Reply #480 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 01:30 PM »
V9.01

Partition Error message at power up is now fixed  ;D.

DVD ROM support still absent (shows 'DVD plug in' when DVD rom is connected & randomly shows 'DVD unplugged', then DVD icon vanishes.

I agree with previous poster. Why cannot Measy release a proper firmware. Always something broken in every release.

Hello my friend, we've contact their engineer group, and the new SDK FW is coming out, so we need to wait a bit more to get more complete and perfect FW.
Please download the following link, and have a look of the new SDK FW UI:)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zn1jm0

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #481 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 01:32 PM »
i just upgraded to 9.01 since my samba does not work.

Good:

Samba do work now.
improve  infomation windows:  try to press "info" key  of remote controller
Add dual "time seek"   function:  try to press "time seek" key  of remote controller twice

Bad:
Subtitles does not work anymore.

This version much acceptable since i use samba a lot to transfer files.
Why do measy keeps releasing sub quality firmware?
Hello my friend, we've contact their engineer group, and the new SDK FW is coming out, so we need to wait a bit more to get more complete and perfect FW.

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #482 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 01:42 PM »
I'm using JVC-RX5032V Receiver. And all my DTS video played well. The DTS on the receiver lights up. My friend DEnon Receiver also works pretty good.

Hello my friend, regarding to the DTS and Dolby, the new FW with new SDK will be able to support 7.1 Dolby Ture HD.

Offline potek

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Master Kalikut
  • Liked:
« Reply #483 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 02:42 PM »
Hello, the new FW 9.01 is only a beta version now. Because Measy now is using the latest Realtek 1073 SDK4 for the player E8HD.
Next Monday, March 7th, the new FW V9.01-2 will come out, and it can support FTP protocol, Bit Torrent Download, and also PT download, Emule Download:)

Hello Mr. Terminator
You said that newer hardware version of the E8HD uses Realtek 1073 SDK4 thats why they are developing the SDK FW for it.  What will happen to the older E8HD which uses Realtek 1073 DD? Will this new SDK FW works as well on 1073 DD?  Hopefully yes, but what will be its limitation?
To fix things...learn how they works

Offline potek

• Collector
  • Master Kalikut
  • Liked:
« Reply #484 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 02:51 PM »
To Terminator,

Ive sent the same question to you e-mail in cases your not always online

[email protected]

Offline roycejp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #485 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 03:31 PM »
Hey Potek,

SDK is "Software Deveopment Kit" i.e. tools to develop firmware.
I don't think it refers to new hardware.

Offline potek

• Collector
  • Master Kalikut
  • Liked:
« Reply #486 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 03:39 PM »
Ah  Akala ko eh new chipset ng E8HD  he he he

Offline potek

• Collector
  • Master Kalikut
  • Liked:
« Reply #487 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 03:42 PM »
it seems new kc.

Because Measy now is using the latest Realtek 1073 SDK4 for the player E8HD

Offline roycejp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #488 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 08:27 PM »
SDK4 =  "Software Development Kit, version 4.

SDK4 is not a new chipset or device. It is a software tool released by Realtek, for firmware development for the RTL1073 chipset.
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2011 at 08:34 PM by roycejp »

Offline pegasus123

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #489 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 08:57 PM »

wow looks good!, why do you know when measy will release new firmware? are you somehow affiliated?

Offline roycejp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #490 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 09:11 PM »
pegasus123,

Look at his email ID : [email protected]

Get it?

The Measy team has joined this forum just yesterday !
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2011 at 09:14 PM by roycejp »

Offline fhpconte

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #491 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 04:09 AM »
Hi,

I've done all the firmware upgrades until version 6.23AW and never had a problem. The firmware 6.23AW works well. I tried to upgrade to version 8.5, 8.95, 8,96 and the new 9.01, but always freezes on the splash screen "Full HD Player" after the completion of the upgrade. I've tried several times to "Force System Upgrade", it completes the upgrade but when restart remains frozen on the splash screen "Full HD Player ". When I used the “Force System Upgrade" with firmwares 6.23AW or previous version works well.

My E8HD is an previous model without HDD bracket based on RTD1073 and the new model is based on RTD1073DD+, I think that the software probably is being developed to RTD1073DD+ but without compatibility with RTD1073.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks....

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #492 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 06:14 AM »
Hi,

I've done all the firmware upgrades until version 6.23AW and never had a problem. The firmware 6.23AW works well. I tried to upgrade to version 8.5, 8.95, 8,96 and the new 9.01, but always freezes on the splash screen "Full HD Player" after the completion of the upgrade. I've tried several times to "Force System Upgrade", it completes the upgrade but when restart remains frozen on the splash screen "Full HD Player ". When I used the “Force System Upgrade" with firmwares 6.23AW or previous version works well.

My E8HD is an previous model without HDD bracket based on RTD1073 and the new model is based on RTD1073DD+, I think that the software probably is being developed to RTD1073DD+ but without compatibility with RTD1073.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks....

Your unit does not support the new firmware. Stick to 6.23AW

Offline bukoy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #493 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 08:24 AM »
can the new FW support BD-ISO?

Offline kompressor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #494 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 10:21 AM »
One of my gripes about FW 6.23AW is the lack of youtube support. 8.95 onwards has it included in the streaming media menu and you can even log in your account.

Still waiting for a FW which is as stable as 6.23AW in terms of BT+Samba+Media which includes all the other bells and whistles that the 8.** series has.

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #495 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 12:06 PM »
pegasus123,

Look at his email ID : [email protected]

Get it?

The Measy team has joined this forum just yesterday !

Hi, I am alone here. No worry... Just want to make sure we can provide the best support for our customers.

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #496 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 12:20 PM »
can the new FW support BD-ISO?

1073 cannot support BD-ISO; Sigma 8642 can support, and it has Blu-ray license, supporting Original BD-ISO

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #497 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 12:22 PM »
Hello Mr. Terminator
You said that newer hardware version of the E8HD uses Realtek 1073 SDK4 thats why they are developing the SDK FW for it.  What will happen to the older E8HD which uses Realtek 1073 DD? Will this new SDK FW works as well on 1073 DD?  Hopefully yes, but what will be its limitation?

The answer is YES. Function will be the same.

DD and none-DD is a matter of license. The Realtek factory is paying the license for Dolby and DTS and so on.

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #498 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 12:23 PM »
One of my gripes about FW 6.23AW is the lack of youtube support. 8.95 onwards has it included in the streaming media menu and you can even log in your account.

Still waiting for a FW which is as stable as 6.23AW in terms of BT+Samba+Media which includes all the other bells and whistles that the 8.** series has.

Hello my friend, thank you for your support, and this weekend and earlier next week, we will add: BT, PT and Emule download, DDNS, NFS, and web-page control!

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #499 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 12:33 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone help me?

Thanks....
The answer is YES. Function will be the same.

DD and none-DD is a matter of license. The Realtek factory is paying the license for Dolby and DTS and so on.

Offline potek

• Collector
  • Master Kalikut
  • Liked:
« Reply #500 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 03:15 PM »
Humm I see. I can't wait for the new V9xxxx firmware....

Offline roycejp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #501 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 04:03 PM »
Hi, I am alone here. No worry... Just want to make sure we can provide the best support for our customers.

Thanks, Terminator,

If you care I have a few suggestions:

1. There is no English user manual on the site. Just a couple of docs in English. Most of the info we get is just guess-work/ experimenting, and from forums like this one. Please provide a complete & official (English) user manual in addition to the Chinese manual. Of course, this can be done only with a stable firmware.

2. There is a forum on the Measy site. But it is useless, as it is completely occupied by spammers. Please clean up the forum & appoint a moderator to keep it clean. Users find forums, like this one, by accident (like me) An official forum of Measy is always welcome, where one can give feedback & get latest, official news about Measy products, from good people like you.. 

Offline glennjv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 11:20 PM »
I'm using JVC-RX5032V Receiver. And all my DTS video played well. The DTS on the receiver lights up. My friend DEnon Receiver also works pretty good.

Maybe I wasn't clear on my last statement.
My receiver detects its DTS or Dolby Digital using the Measy... no problems with that.

It DOES NOT detect DTS HD or DD TrueHD movie using the Measy even if HDMI and SPDIF is set to RAW.
(SPDIF Can not Pass Master Audio anyway)

DTS HD and DD TrueHD lights up using another NMT which was the mede8er so I figured the measy doesn't support master audio pass through as of 8.95R

I hope a new firmware be released to support Master Audio since most of their competitors like mede8er and Xtreamer already released firmwares with Master Audio support.
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2011 at 11:26 PM by glennjv »

Offline glennjv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #503 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 11:31 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone help me?

Thanks....

Here's the Guide my friend wrote on our experience with the Measy... hope it helps:

Here goes my Measy, messy installation process for Glenn's Measy NMT

1. Opened the box and plugged into the LCD TV (using HDMI as A/V connection)

2. plugged-in the new HDD (WDC 2TB), booted the Measy device and check for firmware (there is says v0006.23a)

3. Downloaded the latest Firmware (8.95r) from Measy's website (under downloads)

4. Prepared a USB thumb drive (aka flash drive) and formatted it as FAT32

5. Extracted the RAR file that contains the firmware (its an IMG file) then copied to USB thumb drive under root folder

6. Mounted the USB thumb drive into Measy, then goto "Setup -> System Upgrade"
NOTE: As soon as you pressed "OK" in the remote, it will NOT ask for any confirmation, it'll just proceed to Firmware upgrade, so be cautious.

7. Measy will auto reboot after its installation.
NOTE: Based on Measy's website, you'll have to do it twice (the firmware upgrade using the same IMG file). At first, we didn't follow that note, so we end up lags when it plays Video, there's a weird noise when playing music, menu responds slower than the previous FW.

8. To repeat the FW upgrade, go to "Setup" -> "Misc" -> "USB Upgrade" (make sure the USB thumb is still attached in Measy) and press "Ok"; wait for few seconds to complete the process.

9. After it reboots, use the Measy to format the HDD (don't worry it'll format it as NTFS, but be sure you're using the appropriate HDD), please look for "HD format" in setup menu (I forgot exactly where it's located)

10. After format is completed, I pulled the HDD from measy and plugin into my Mac (acts as "internal drive" for faster copy); copied all the files for testing (MKVs, AVIs, VOBs, MP4, M4V, mp3 and Jpegs)

11. Once done, I plugged the HDD back to Measy and everything went smoothly.

Some notes to consider:

1. After Measy's formatted the HDD, it creates it auto creates "music", "movie", "image" and "BT" folders. I strongly suggest place all the files into its respective folder

2. for IMS (Internet Media Service), do consider getting a WiFi antenna if you don't have Ethernet cable available near your TV.

3. In rare cases (which happened to me once after I made a complete transfer to HDD), when I plugged the measy using HDMI cable, after it displays "Full HD Player" it goes BLANK and TV will prompt for "no signal".

Don't panic, just prepare a set of RCA cables, and change the TV input settings from HDMI to RCA, make sure the Measy menu appears, then go back to HDMI TV input. (I just change inputs on the receiver to re-detect the measy, no need for a RCA)

If it still didn't appear again, check HDMI cable, check TV signal, check the Measy if its turned on. If still nothing happens, go, use the RCA signal, then perform a firmware upgrade process.

4. Read The Freakin' Manual!! (it's one thing me and Glenn learned last night hahhaha!!)

I'll make a list of tested media formats in my next message.

Offline roycejp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #504 on: Mar 03, 2011 at 02:16 AM »
Another observation after V9,01 :

Copying files over WiFi is much faster !

With 8.95 I was getting measly 35Kbps (useless), now, after upgrade it's @ 700 kbps.

Offline pegasus123

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #505 on: Mar 03, 2011 at 08:11 AM »
Another observation after V9,01 :

Copying files over WiFi is much faster !

With 8.95 I was getting measly 35Kbps (useless), now, after upgrade it's @ 700 kbps.

agreed :) im getting 5mb/s over wired.

Offline shauntot

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #506 on: Mar 03, 2011 at 08:38 AM »
sir garfield for the wifi dongle, since the measy only has 2 usb ports, pwede po ba yun naka usb 4 port hub without any problems? i have 2 usb external drives kasi plugged into the measy, and was thinking of getting a wifi dongle pero wanted to make sure first na gagana yung wifi dongle if i use a 4 port usb hub like this one below

if it does, i need to order a wifi dongle from you sir :)

« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011 at 05:05 PM by shauntot »

Offline bukoy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #507 on: Mar 03, 2011 at 08:47 AM »
@Terminator or to those who are already into V.9.01

Planned to upgrade to V.9.01 do I need to format may internal HDD once I upgraded to this version? or theres no need for it? Advance thanks.
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011 at 09:52 AM by bukoy »

Offline actino

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #508 on: Mar 03, 2011 at 09:51 AM »
@Terminator

I upgraded to 9.01 and multi channel aac audio still does not output properly directly via HDMI to TV.
8.96 also had the same multi channel aac audio problem.

8.95R and 6.23 did not have multi channel aac audio problem.

Thank you very much.

Hope the new firmware will also fix this issue.

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: Mar 03, 2011 at 01:20 PM »
@Terminator or to those who are already into V.9.01

Planned to upgrade to V.9.01 do I need to format may internal HDD once I upgraded to this version? or theres no need for it? Advance thanks.

No need format internal HDD