Author Topic: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player  (Read 251198 times)

Offline dj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • "be better, be happy"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player
« Reply #630 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 11:26 AM »
taking the plunge in my first nmt. cant wait for the arrival ;)
panasonic 50c10
harman/kardon avr 335
wharfedale diamond 9s
dtx
samsung
pensonic
measy e8hd

Offline molins

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #631 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 01:36 PM »
Yes I agree with you napakahalaga ng file search para di ma-abuse ung directional button ng remote natin, saka please measy tech guys fix the subtitle issue, lots of firmware version just been release but the subtitle still a no no.

please  :'(

Offline wacky0510

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #632 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 02:28 PM »
I tried upgrading to 9.03 last night. Napuyat lang ako  ??? i followed the instructions in the measy site, after confirming the upgrade, the tv went off. after around 2mins it went on, then nagrestart ang Measy. But the version is still the old 8.80. why was that? Do i really need to open the unit and force upgrade? Help pls.

thanks

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #633 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 02:47 PM »
I tried upgrading to 9.03 last night. Napuyat lang ako  ??? i followed the instructions in the measy site, after confirming the upgrade, the tv went off. after around 2mins it went on, then nagrestart ang Measy. But the version is still the old 8.80. why was that? Do i really need to open the unit and force upgrade? Help pls.

thanks

In this case, I think you need to force update. If I were you, don't upgrade yet. Wait for new Firmware.

Offline pallino

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #634 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 03:47 PM »
In this case, I think you need to force update. If I were you, don't upgrade yet. Wait for new Firmware.

I had the same suggestion from Measy.
I want to do it but I can't tear apart the device. Any suggestion?

Offline wacky0510

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #635 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 04:10 PM »
i also have reservations doing the force update myself since it will void the warranty. Sabi nung iba sa thread, they were able to pull it off without doing force udate. Why is that? does it mean it depends on the unit na nabili mo?

Offline FrankyBkk

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #636 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 04:53 AM »
I upgraded to 9.02 without any problems. It went smooth. I do not need BT Downloads, I make this anyway on my Computer. The annying samba dance party is finish, that was the biggest problem. Everything else seems to be ok.

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #637 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 05:33 AM »
Needed the subtitle very badly... so downgraded from 9.02R to 8.95 without any issues. Now watching chinese/jap movies... I'm a happy camper again!  I really don't mind the SAMBA process in the startup as it only takes a few secs. ;D

Offline kontador

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #638 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 05:50 AM »
Needed the subtitle very badly... so downgraded from 9.02R to 8.95 without any issues. Now watching chinese/jap movies... I'm a happy camper again!  I really don't mind the SAMBA process in the startup as it only takes a few secs. ;D

i also want to downgrade my fw 9.02 to 8.95 can you pm me the step by step thanks

Offline beginner

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #639 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 06:10 AM »
You can actually downgrade directly from 9.02R to 8.95 or later FWs (not sure if lahat). If you still have the install.img file for V8.95, you may copy it directly to the root of your USB drive then plug it in the Measy USB port at the back. Afterwards, just run the FW USB upgrade in the Measy MISC menu. Wait for it to finish... then Voila! 8.95
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011 at 06:11 AM by beginner »

Offline kontador

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #640 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 07:58 AM »
You can actually downgrade directly from 9.02R to 8.95 or later FWs (not sure if lahat). If you still have the install.img file for V8.95, you may copy it directly to the root of your USB drive then plug it in the Measy USB port at the back. Afterwards, just run the FW USB upgrade in the Measy MISC menu. Wait for it to finish... then Voila! 8.95

tried it but d tumuloy for downgrade nag reboot lang yung unit same pa rin yung firmware 9.02.

Offline beginner

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #641 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 12:38 PM »
Hmm... maybe try again? I'm not really sure if it works for all. Never had any problems talaga with mine. Just did the usual upgrade process (but using a 8.95 image file instead) and it worked the first and only time I tried it. My measy was running fw 9.02R when I tried it.

Offline kontador

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #642 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 01:13 PM »
Oh! Okay. Maybe I should upgrade my 9.02 to 9.02R first then downgrade it to 8.95.

Offline ojokik

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #643 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 10:06 PM »
Mga Sir noob lang po, which version of FW can I use for btorrent?

I currently have 8.80 installed but I can't seem to find the btorrent function.

Thanks!

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #644 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 10:17 PM »
For subtitle download check out:

http://subscene.com

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #645 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 10:36 PM »
I've installed a 1TB HDD and went to format it but nothing happened. It just went back to file manager?? And how do you remove the HDD, it seems impossible to pull it out again :(

UPDATE:
Managed to have the internal HDD working, needs to be initialized. But I am still wondering on how to remove the HDD, it seems that the plastic will break if you pull to hard?? Any one tried to put & remove a 3.5 HDDD?
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2011 at 02:23 AM by MaCMeL »
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
MaCMeL

Offline dj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • "be better, be happy"
  • Liked:
« Reply #646 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 05:57 AM »
@garfield: got the measy yesterday so far so good in playing movies. thanks
panasonic 50c10
harman/kardon avr 335
wharfedale diamond 9s
dtx
samsung
pensonic
measy e8hd

Offline mondowgs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #647 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 06:34 AM »
Anyone knows kung supported ng measy E8HD ang YAMJ?

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #648 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 06:42 AM »
I've installed a 1TB HDD and went to format it but nothing happened. It just went back to file manager?? And how do you remove the HDD, it seems impossible to pull it out again :(

UPDATE:
Managed to have the internal HDD working, needs to be initialized. But I am still wondering on how to remove the HDD, it seems that the plastic will break if you pull to hard?? Any one tried to put & remove a 3.5 HDDD?

While putting the Hard Drive in the HDD try, Did you use a screw?

Offline bukoy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #649 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 07:35 AM »
@garfield
mukhang nailagay ung screw, pahirapan iyan. Sir garfield cguro mas mainam kung mag lagay nalang tayo ng important reminder in notes sa mga bebentahan natin ng MEASY na di na kailangan pang i-screw ung hdd sa tray clamp. Or better remove the set of screws that includes the package so that no one could think of screwing it so they'll just clamp and insert it diresto na sa player. Just a suggestion sir. :)

Offline bukoy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #650 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 07:46 AM »
Anyone knows kung supported ng measy E8HD ang YAMJ?

Got the same question bro, still no one tried it yet, hope the Measy Techguys could answer this question.

Offline Nomer Fernandez

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #651 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 08:12 AM »
nyak... ako nilagyan ko pa ng screw yung hdd ko. putik... pano gagawin dun para matanggal???

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #652 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 10:21 AM »
@garfield
mukhang nailagay ung screw, pahirapan iyan. Sir garfield cguro mas mainam kung mag lagay nalang tayo ng important reminder in notes sa mga bebentahan natin ng MEASY na di na kailangan pang i-screw ung hdd sa tray clamp. Or better remove the set of screws that includes the package so that no one could think of screwing it so they'll just clamp and insert it diresto na sa player. Just a suggestion sir. :)

So I think I'm screwed because of the screws, yeah, it would be good if there were info about this because I went through this topic and didn't see a warning. I guess, i'll just cut off the casing when the time comes that I need to replace the HDD drive :(

I am on v9.01, subs doesn't work. Viewing the network files doesn't give list them in alphabetical order (or am I missing something).

And can anyone confirm that the below downgrading method without a force update works?
I have the same problem right now with the firmwares above 8.95

You can:
1) You either downgrade to 8.95 or below
2) Convert 6ch AAC to 6ch AC3
3) Convert 6ch AAC to 2ch AAC

Personally, downgrading to 8.95 and below would be the easiest. (9.01 and above firmware is easy to downgrade, just put in the firmware you want to downgrade to and just use USB upgrade. DOn't need to force downgrade when using 9.01 and 9.02)

I currently convert my 6ch AAC audio to 2ch AAC so I wont be hindered as much. It's a lot of work to convert my whole library though.
MaCMeL

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #653 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 11:33 AM »
Got the same question bro, still no one tried it yet, hope the Measy Techguys could answer this question.

Pwede ata ang YAMJ. Ginagamit ni Beginner yan.

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #654 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 12:49 PM »
While putting the Hard Drive in the HDD try, Did you use a screw?

Yes I did, thought that's why there's a hole in there :)

Any suggestion on how to safely remove the HDD before I try to have it removed by a 2 leg bearing puller :D
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2011 at 12:49 PM by MaCMeL »
MaCMeL

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #655 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 09:38 PM »
Yes I did, thought that's why there's a hole in there :)

Any suggestion on how to safely remove the HDD before I try to have it removed by a 2 leg bearing puller :D

I see. supposedly yes you can use a screw but with a flat head. So that it won't get stuck while sliding it in. In this case, you don't have any choice but to use a vice grip and forcibly break the HDD tray. Then buy an extra HDD tray from your dealer.

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #656 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 09:40 PM »
@garfield

Hi bro. actually their is no screw na kasama sa package ng Measy. But their is a screw if you buy a new HDD. Yun nga lang hinde flat ang head nun. so yun yata ginamit.

Thanks bro sa suggestion mo. God Bless!

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #657 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 10:35 PM »
I see. supposedly yes you can use a screw but with a flat head. So that it won't get stuck while sliding it in. In this case, you don't have any choice but to use a vice grip and forcibly break the HDD tray. Then buy an extra HDD tray from your dealer.

Sir garfield,
Thank you for the reply, will probably leave it for now. 2 kasi yung unit ko naging ganon :) and it's just a few days old. But I'm still optimistic that it can be removed w/o breaking the tray with the proper tools, but with bare hands it would be impossible. Just wanted to see some feedback if someone did try to force remove it.
MaCMeL

Offline ojokik

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #658 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 10:40 PM »
Mga Sir noob lang po, which version of FW can I use for btorrent?

I currently have 8.80 installed but I can't seem to find the btorrent function.

Thanks!

Patulong naman po sa bt function on 8.80 fw. Di ko lang ma figure out, need to dl lang sana directly from this NMT.

Thanks!

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #659 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 10:55 PM »
By the way sir garfield, just wanted to confirm. Is the casing made out of plastic (sorry unit in Dubai & I am in Abu Dhabi) or is is it aluminum, I just thought of something on how to remove the HDD without breaking the tray but would not be possible if the body is plastic.
MaCMeL