Author Topic: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player  (Read 251200 times)

Offline tatubias

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player
« Reply #870 on: Jun 18, 2011 at 02:47 AM »
hmm, i better check mine!, i got it this year but heck, you dont know whats inside :) just so before i upgrade.

i have bought 1 month ago. i want to shoot my bols.

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #871 on: Jun 18, 2011 at 04:36 AM »
@Tatubias

So sorry tatubias. Your in argentina n you got your unit thru shipping from China right? If only your in Phil and bought it here, I would have change your unit immediately.

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #872 on: Jun 20, 2011 at 02:29 AM »
@Tatubias

So sorry tatubias. Your in argentina n you got your unit thru shipping from China right? If only your in Phil and bought it here, I would have change your unit immediately.

I know Garfield, and you were an excellent support. Thank you very much.

it is a great media player, but had very bad luck.

Offline shauntot

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #873 on: Jun 21, 2011 at 03:03 PM »
hello mga sir, wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this on their measy. there are some files on my measy that are cutting in and out, meaning nawawala yung video/audio for about a second then babalik. my measy e8hd is the new version (horizontal case with the lcd display) running 9.04, then i upgraded to 9.05 to check if the firmware is the problem, same issue pa rin.

ang di ko magets is not all files have this problem, and these files used to play without any issues on my previous measy, using the same hard disk. i had to upgrade lang to the newer measy kasi my balikbayan friend was interested in my old measy so i had to give it to him.

i also changed the hdmi cable to isolate the problem, same thing pa rin. any help? TIA!

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #874 on: Jun 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM »
hello mga sir, wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this on their measy. there are some files on my measy that are cutting in and out, meaning nawawala yung video/audio for about a second then babalik. my measy e8hd is the new version (horizontal case with the lcd display) running 9.04, then i upgraded to 9.05 to check if the firmware is the problem, same issue pa rin.

ang di ko magets is not all files have this problem, and these files used to play without any issues on my previous measy, using the same hard disk. i had to upgrade lang to the newer measy kasi my balikbayan friend was interested in my old measy so i had to give it to him.

i also changed the hdmi cable to isolate the problem, same thing pa rin. any help? TIA!

if i had understood you well, the issue is like you are watching the movie and flick in to black and came back into the movie very quickly.

if it is that The only way i was able to fix it was changing the video mode. now im using 720p 60hz and does not flicks any longer. sometimes when i put it on 1080 i get the fliking.

Offline shauntot

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #875 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 07:45 AM »
if i had understood you well, the issue is like you are watching the movie and flick in to black and came back into the movie very quickly.

if it is that The only way i was able to fix it was changing the video mode. now im using 720p 60hz and does not flicks any longer. sometimes when i put it on 1080 i get the fliking.

yes sir that's correct, the video/audio disappears for a second and comes back quickly and it happens at random points in a movie.

i'll try your recommendation of the 720p 60hz, hopefully it's not the case since i'd still like to keep the resolution at 1080p/120hz for my tv

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1895
« Reply #876 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 12:38 PM »
Has FW 9.05 solved the issue with the subtitles?  I'm currently on 8.95R and it works ok for me.  I may want to upgrade depending on what 9.05 has improved from 8.95.

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #877 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 07:19 PM »
Has FW 9.05 solved the issue with the subtitles?  I'm currently on 8.95R and it works ok for me.  I may want to upgrade depending on what 9.05 has improved from 8.95.

Subtitle issue was fixed on 9.04 FW.

V9.05 Added:

1. The compatibility is improved better compared with the former edition, which solves the repeat start or remain FULL HDD interface after upgrading

2. Add the fouction of webpage control platform, Please download Webpage control platform user's manual
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2011 at 07:19 PM by tatubias »

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #878 on: Jun 24, 2011 at 03:57 AM »

Fw9.05 have an issue on AAC audio. In 5.1 Center/Conversation speech No Sound.

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #879 on: Jun 24, 2011 at 07:44 AM »
for the geeks ones...

i have realize that the install.bin packager it is really a "tar" file so if you rename install.img to install.img.tar

and open it with winrar or winzip or 7zip.

« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2011 at 08:45 AM by tatubias »

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #880 on: Jun 24, 2011 at 08:51 AM »
new trick

when you un compress the install.img it appears a directory named: package2

enter there and you can see a file named: squashfs1.img that file has all the linux operating system.

to "uncompress" squashfs1.img you can use unsquashfs.exe that is located in:
http://download.nicksoft.info/linux/backuplivecd/squashfs-tools.zip

----------------
D:\unsquashfs.exe squashfs1.img
Parallel unsquashfs: Using 2 processors
2797 inodes (6709 blocks) to write

[======================================================|       ] 6009/6709  89%
set_attributes: failed to set time on squashfs-root/usr/local/bin/scripts/map/Ca
nada/Canada_a.rss, because No such file or directory
[=============================================================|] 6709/6709 100%
created 2628 files
created 184 directories
created 169 symlinks
created 0 devices
created 0 fifos
-------------

a new folder will be created: squashfs-root and there you can see all the "linux files"

here i have files output so you can see.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KTT568ID

as an example you can edit the profile file. and add the following line alias ls="ls --color"   an then when you enter to the console you can see the ls command in colors as the image shows.

(note: this modification can be done if you access though telent to the device)

if you do some changes on the files inside you can repack the squashfs1.img using the following command.

mksquashfs d:\squashfs-root squashfs1.img -all-root -b 65536 (not tested)

i recommend to do this under a linux system.

remember to use unsuash under linux you need to install the package squashfs-tools.

and do basically the same that is mention upper.

« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2011 at 09:10 AM by tatubias »

Offline d1towatchout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #881 on: Jun 26, 2011 at 10:56 AM »
Guys, is it just me or is Measy's Firmware not sorting the files properly? I noticed this when watching TV Series, where the files are normally sorted alphabetically, but because Measy doesn't do this, I end up watching episodes that are not in order.

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #882 on: Jun 26, 2011 at 11:01 AM »
I don't know, but my files are sorted alphabetically. I have a couple of tv and anime series which are sorted in order naman using this file naming convention:
One Piece - 0001 - [Episode Title]
One Piece - 0002 - [Episode Title]
One Piece - 0475 - [Episode Title]

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #883 on: Jun 26, 2011 at 11:21 AM »

Yup, I've encountered this nga. Fortunately, I have very few multi-channel AAC files.

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #884 on: Jun 26, 2011 at 01:11 PM »
Guys, is it just me or is Measy's Firmware not sorting the files properly? I noticed this when watching TV Series, where the files are normally sorted alphabetically, but because Measy doesn't do this, I end up watching episodes that are not in order.

It's measy. I have asked about this a few pages ago and no solution for me till now :(
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
MaCMeL

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #885 on: Jun 26, 2011 at 08:50 PM »
It's measy. I have asked about this a few pages ago and no solution for me till now :(

My movie are sorted alphabetically too.

Offline shauntot

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #886 on: Jun 27, 2011 at 09:24 AM »
mga ka measy - does anybody know of an iphone app that can stream pics/movies from our measy? meaning if the measy and the iphone is on the same wifi network, i can see the contents of my measy and stream it to my iphone.

Offline shauntot

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #887 on: Jun 27, 2011 at 03:10 PM »
sir garfield, magkakaroon kayo nito? mukang ok o :)

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,140384.0.html

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #888 on: Jun 27, 2011 at 04:59 PM »
sir garfield, magkakaroon kayo nito? mukang ok o :)

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,140384.0.html

Yes tentative last week July. It is still in production.

Offline pegasus123

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #889 on: Jun 28, 2011 at 09:57 AM »

watch for upper case and lower case. Uppercase go first

Offline shauntot

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #890 on: Jun 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM »
Yes tentative last week July. It is still in production.

thanks sir. if that new remote will work on the newer e8hd (horizontal case), order ako nung remote. I want to get rid of my tv remote when operating the measy.

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #891 on: Jun 28, 2011 at 09:35 PM »

update the firmware.

Offline d1towatchout4

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #892 on: Jun 28, 2011 at 11:39 PM »
I'm already at 9.5. Any suggested firmware that addresses this sorting problem? I personally am fine with the current firmware with the exception of this troubling sorting issue.

I hope they can remedy this asap. Already emailed their support team about this.

Offline actino

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #893 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 08:18 AM »
My measy does not sort videos alphabetically as well. it sorts them by when you put them in. Newer are always near the end (bottom). However, on my flash drive it is not always the case. Usually the new files are just jumbled around.

I am guessing this is because there is no index file, and an index file can only be made via scanning the drive which used to slow down boot up. This is just a guess.

Offline shauntot

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #894 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 09:15 AM »

agree to this sir garfield...but weird thing happened to my measy last night, I was watching "I am number four" without any audio problem, and when I was in the middle of the movie, I had to pause it to get some food. When I came back and to resume play, the speech audio disappeared. Nagulat ako since I was already literally halfway through the movie and was watching it without any audio issues, tapos nag pause lang ako nawala na yung center channel. So what I did was press stop, then back, then played the movie again from the beginning, tapos used the search function to go to part where I paused the movie. When I tried playing the movie from where I exactly where I left off (using the OK button at the start of the movie), wala yun sound pa rin. But using the search function was ok. Ayun, may sound na ulit yung speech. I verified the file to have AAC 6 channel (5.1) audio using the Info button.

I have other movie files that I wasn't able to watch properly before since they have AAC 6 channel audio, I'll try them out later baka biglang gumana na using the above method.

I hope measy comes up with a firmware na sa wakas na without any issue whatsoever with the subtitles, audio, flickering, etc. Sayang naman ang ganda ng support ng local reseller dito, nakakainis lang mga nilalabas ng firmware ng measy, may aayusin na isang part, yung other part naman nasisira. Sana magka proper QA or beta testers sila ng maayos bago maglabas ng FW.

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #895 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 02:42 PM »
agree to this sir garfield...but weird thing happened to my measy last night, I was watching "I am number four" without any audio problem, and when I was in the middle of the movie, I had to pause it to get some food. When I came back and to resume play, the speech audio disappeared. Nagulat ako since I was already literally halfway through the movie and was watching it without any audio issues, tapos nag pause lang ako nawala na yung center channel. So what I did was press stop, then back, then played the movie again from the beginning, tapos used the search function to go to part where I paused the movie. When I tried playing the movie from where I exactly where I left off (using the OK button at the start of the movie), wala yun sound pa rin. But using the search function was ok. Ayun, may sound na ulit yung speech. I verified the file to have AAC 6 channel (5.1) audio using the Info button.

I have other movie files that I wasn't able to watch properly before since they have AAC 6 channel audio, I'll try them out later baka biglang gumana na using the above method.

I hope measy comes up with a firmware na sa wakas na without any issue whatsoever with the subtitles, audio, flickering, etc. Sayang naman ang ganda ng support ng local reseller dito, nakakainis lang mga nilalabas ng firmware ng measy, may aayusin na isang part, yung other part naman nasisira. Sana magka proper QA or beta testers sila ng maayos bago maglabas ng FW.
Hello my friend,
1. You don't need to press Time-seek to go through all the movie you've just watched. You can press digital button 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc, and it will skip to 10%, 20%, 30% 40% etc of the whole video. Please try.

2. AAC 5.1, we are still trying to make it work at the moment.

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #896 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 02:46 PM »
TERMINATOR: I have installed the firmware that you have provided now i have a very expensive brick under my TV. as you can see the firmware that you provided did not work also.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :(

imtired of openeng the device to do the re flashing of the device.

Hi Tatubias, why you need to tear apart the case to do force-upgrade? There is a small hole at the back side. You can use a small needle to press that button inside at the back panel during the Force Uograde begiining. It is the same.

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #897 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 02:47 PM »
My measy does not sort videos alphabetically as well. it sorts them by when you put them in. Newer are always near the end (bottom). However, on my flash drive it is not always the case. Usually the new files are just jumbled around.

I am guessing this is because there is no index file, and an index file can only be made via scanning the drive which used to slow down boot up. This is just a guess.

Yes my friend, we are on the "sorting issue" now.

Offline terminator

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #898 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 02:49 PM »
I know Garfield, and you were an excellent support. Thank you very much.

it is a great media player, but had very bad luck.

Firstly we are so sorry for the FW issues. And the truth is we are changing the engineers internally...Due to the internal affairs...we were kind of slow respond. but from now on...it is much better support, especially the FW part.

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #899 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 08:44 PM »
Hi Tatubias, why you need to tear apart the case to do force-upgrade? There is a small hole at the back side. You can use a small needle to press that button inside at the back panel during the Force Uograde beginning. It is the same.

TERMINATOR: i have done more that 20 times the force upgrade of the device. if i add any firmware version later that 8,95 the device get bricked. i have sent more than 30 mails to TOM from [email protected]. and he has not provided any solution.

my device has not the "small hole at the back" i have to rip off all the device to jump sw3. it is not very funny every time that i had to flash the firmware.

Do you know how to install transmition Bit torrent client. the one that bring on fw8,95 sucks, and how to speed up samba that sucks too? i know linux and how to access the device though telent.