Author Topic: *** My Humble HT / Music Set-up ***  (Read 5516 times)

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: *** My Humble HT / Music Set-up ***
« Reply #30 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 03:33 PM »
fixed my speakers to angle and it helped a bit. most of my problems come from vocals so i think my main problem is the center channel.

True ... but you may be experiencing a phenomenon common to multi-speaker systems which is that the distortion of one speaker affects the sound quality of the other speakers. You can see this most clearly when you fix the bass frequencies in general and the subwoofer in particular through acoustic treatment and room correction. Many times, you get surprised that a big effect is not in the bass but in other frequencies which used to be drowned by the bass.

The same thing might be happening here. The distortion of the front/left speakers is "muddying" the vocals of the center speaker.

The rule is that no matter what equipment you add, if the placement of the speakers and acoustic treatments (which won't cost you a lot) are not done properly, the improvement in sq will be minimal.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline Gabbby

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • GOTTA MAKE IT RAIN!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 04:08 PM »
Thanks Timber, when we move to our house na i'll definitely contact you with our furniture needs. We just got this AV rack as a hand me down, it does the job pero you know its not really super good quality

streetsmart, thanks again for your valued input. learning many things in this hobby and it's guys like you that make it a true learning experience. Will be adjusting the speakers so it will be mounted on the table top flanking the TV tomorrow
JTR

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #32 on: Sep 09, 2010 at 06:50 AM »
seems it really is a hand me down, I am so sorry to jump to conclusions to soon Gabby, it was just too similar especially the dimensions. again, please accept my apology.
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2010 at 07:50 PM by timber715 »

Offline Mr.H

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #33 on: Sep 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM »
Nice HT & Audio set up sir!
Congrats! ;)
PMC / SVS PB-12 / Paradigm / Rotel RSX / Vincent CDT/Castle Power LC /Mr.H PowerCords / Emotiva XP-5

Offline Gabbby

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • GOTTA MAKE IT RAIN!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 12, 2010 at 09:52 PM »
seems it really is a hand me down, I am so sorry to jump to conclusions to soon Gabby, it was just too similar especially the dimensions. again, please accept my apology.

All good bro, looking forward to doing business with you soon.

Thanks mr. H, will be getting another power cord soon !
JTR

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #35 on: Aug 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM »
Sir Gabby,

Kumusta na set-up mo. Any updates/upgrades?