Author Topic: wattage and ohm specs for an older konzert av-502a karaoke amp  (Read 7450 times)

Offline crispa1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
hello peeps, newbie here.first of, tnx in advance to all inputs shared. i'm trying to make use of an older konzert k-amp in a church that has 6 / dai chi/6 ohm exterior cabs.i'm not quite sure of the specs of this amp as far as wattage and ohm it can handle. these daichi speakers will be used to supplement the main pa system.it's located in areas of the church where it'll help the main spkrs project spoken words.
  my dilemma is the fact that each of the said spkrs is rated at 6 ohms. i can probably wire 2 spkrs in series, then parallel the 3rd for a 4 ohm total load, but then, i have to know whether this amp can take it.i'll attach a pix of the amp.it may have been bought somewhere around 2001-2004???tnx again for all your help.how to u attach a pix here?

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
Re: wattage and ohm specs for an older konzert av-502a karaoke amp
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2010 at 02:47 PM »
that amp is probably 100watts at 4 ohms judging from the filter caps inside....yes you can connect your speakers, all 3 in series,...i don't forsee any problem as long as you maintain the proper phasing of your speakers....

good luck.... ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2010 at 02:50 PM by TonyT »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline crispa1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: wattage and ohm specs for an older konzert av-502a karaoke amp
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 12:37 AM »
hi, tnx for the reply. if i wire the spkrs in series as you suggested, how many amp watts are going to each speaker then, since the total impedance would be at 18 ohms. is that model even capable of driving an 18 ohm load in stereo??? anybody, help needed here. i'm just not familiar with this k-amp. i'm from the usa, and we don't have that model here. we have the vocopro k-amp.tnx