Author Topic: New wave of Warner Blu-ray Steelbooks™ to hit Canada on November 23rd  (Read 691 times)

Offline Blu-devil

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Bible, The Worlds Most Famous Work of Fiction
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Here is a post from Futureshop Buyer Brana with regard to a new wave of WB Steelbooks™ due to hit Canada on 23rd November. Here is what she said.

As was previously noted on the forum, the market will see more and more Steelbooks™ being produced by the studios directly for national distribution amongst all retailers who choose to bring them in. This will primarily be on older catalogue titles as the industry looks for new ways of creating some excitement and driving more sales for Blu-ray. While this is bittersweet for FS as we have been the leaders in Steelbook™ and pushing this cool packaging option for years as our thing, ultimately it's about you the customer and making sure as many of your diverse movie needs are fulfilled with Steelbook™. The reality is we would have never been able to produce some of these Steelbooks™ on our own as the minimum packaging runs are pretty high, so we cherry pick older titles and often times work internationally to partner with other countries.

This first wave coming from Warner will also be bitter sweet for some of you as it's some old/new titles coming back in Steelbook™ format. My understanding is the artwork is different than before so there shouldn't be crossover where they are bringing something back that was sold as an FS exclusive a few years ago.

Two things you can expect that will make this exciting for you: because of our leadership position around Steelbook™ (which is really about you guys and all the active members we have here in our forum) we will get first look at upcoming Steelbooks™ here. We have also worked out with Warner an exclusive opportunity to vote for Wave 2 and have a direct say in what movies go Steelbook™. You asked for this and we brought it to you. The poll is up now on the right hand side of the movies forum page. The window is short so you have until Sept. 30th to cast your vote. We're really exited about finally being able to being this to you and are working to do more of these with other studios in the future.

I will post the graphics for Wave 1 into individual postings to not have 1 massive graphics heavy posting. Let me know what you think about what's coming. Hopefully you guys are excited!

Brana

I AM LEGEND
V FOR VENDETTA
THE DEPARTED
SUPERMAN RETURNS
THE DARK KNIGHT
10,000B.C.
OCEAN'S 13

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2010 at 03:41 PM by Blu-devil »
Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen