Author Topic: Toy Story 3 Blu-ray + DVD  (Read 3109 times)

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Toy Story 3 Blu-ray + DVD
« on: Oct 16, 2010 at 08:26 PM »

guys,

kelan local release nito? any updates?

Offline Weasel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Toy Story 3 Blu-ray + DVD
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2010 at 08:31 PM »
US is November 2. I think it's the same here.
Pass na mo para dili mo ma-pasmo

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2010 at 09:18 PM »
I think we might get it a little bit earlier.   According to Videobuff inside sources, Viva might release it sometime this month, in Bluray and Bluray+DVD combo pack.
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 07:17 AM »
There's an Ultimate Toy Box Collection that contains all three movies in three formats right? The toy box is a replica of Andy's toy box.
That's R1 (US, Canada).   I don't think Viva will release them in the same packaging, although they will probably release the trilogy (they did with Tinkerbell) in DVD (Not Bluray) in one package, just not in toybox packaging.   Just speculating, since I am not with Viva...

Offline DVD_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 03:32 PM »
YouTube channel of Viva posted a Toy Story 3 trailer, and on the description nakalagay ilalabas nila ng October, but no specific date. I kept pestering Viva on their Facebook, asking kung kailan, no reply pa rin.

I did find this:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=124811947572804&set=a.111685632218769.21824.111394595581206

Sabi ang first venue is sa October 30, so baka at that time meron na. Baka lang, a.

And I went to the mall yesterday, wala pa ring posters or advertisements na nakadisplay about Toy Story 3....

Offline toyfanatic

• DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 08:20 PM »

I saw an add this afternoon sa Astro MOA, that the DVD and Blu-ray is already out...ask the sales lady..."hindi po namin alam kung kelan lalabas"???...this is another form of mis-information to the public.

Offline DVD_lover

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2010 at 04:47 PM »
GUYS OCTOBER 20 LALABAS NA!  MARK YOUR CALENDARS! OCTOBER 20! MAS MAAGA PA TAYO SA U.S. YIPEE KA YAY! AVAILABLE NA SA WEDNESDAY! YEEEEESSSSSSSSS!  PROOF: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=124811947572804&set=a.111685632218769.21824.111394595581206

Oops, sorry. Lost control. Anyway, uh....
That's good news for me. I don't need to wait for my birthday for it to come out.

Anyway, I'm happy Viva finally answered, and happy that I get to tell you this :)

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 09:06 PM »
Yes, it's October 20.  My suking Astro already has it although bukas pa raw puwede ibenta.  The DVD is in limited edition slipcase with clear plastic front and the characters stacked in 3D akin to Bolt or Prince Caspian slipcase when it was first released.  It's 750 BUT One-Disc only...

Sabay daw i-rerelease iyung Pixar's direct-to-Video na Cars Mater Tales...

Offline toyfanatic

• DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2010 at 07:12 AM »

how bout the blu-ray?

Offline utopian828

• Trade Count: (+143)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM »

how bout the blu-ray?

Everything is out today.

DVD (1-Disc) = 750
Blu-Ray (3-Disc - BD+DVD Combo)
Toy Story Box (Toy Story 1-3) = 1850 I think

There may be a Blu-ray version only out as well. I saw 4 types of products.

Also out today is the Mater's Tales DVD by Pixar. 750 bucks also.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 08:00 PM »
Did anyone else get the "limited edition" Trick-Or-Treat Edition of the DVD?

Also priced at PhP 750, it comes in a net with a jack-o-lantern trick-or-treat pail, 4 lead pencils, 5 colored pencils, and is filled to top with candies:

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2010 at 08:08 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 23, 2010 at 09:50 PM »
To Viva:

Why is the Bluray sans slipcase?  The DVD gets the best slipcase, while the DVD+Bluray Combo get a simple slipcase, and the 2-discs Bluray, which is the most expensive of the three, gets nothing...  I understand that Bluray probably sells in limited numbers compared to VCDs and DVDs...  Still they are much more expensive, and should have including something fancier to entice first adopters instead of waiting for them to drop to Php 999 or 750...

Ditto with Beauty and The Beast Bluray, no slipcase. :(

Offline DVD_lover

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 02:01 PM »
Worth buying yung DVD. I like the DVD slipcase, sana ganun na lang lagi yung case, hindi yung kagaya nung sa Up na slipcase, nagfofold yung tab. Pag yung kagaya sa Toy Story 3 hindi naman.

So, the slipcase does look like the Prince Caspian, Bolt and Twilight slipcases. Good thing the disc itself isn't as crappy as the Twilight one.

Picture Quality is excellent, same with Audio Quality. Maraming features pero sana nag-2-disc na lang ang Disney. After all it made 1 billion worldwide and it looks like it's the last Toy Story 3. Sana 2-disc na lang din yung Cars, Ratatouille, tsaka Up.

Yung subtitles, hindi ko sure kung tama o mali yung part na may sinabi si Ken na "Take him to the library" or parang ganun. Ang lumabas "libary". Unless kung ganun talaga ang pagkasabi ni Ken, IDK, I'll check again.
And yung part na nagsasalita si Buzz ng Spanish, yung translation nasa subtitles na, hindi sa mismong film. I actually hate it pag ganun.

Special features are very good. Sayang, hindi nilagyan ng sneak peek o teaser man lang ng Cars 2.

Ayun. Nagpumilit ako na kailangan ko talaga bilhin kahapon. I have no regrets.

I thought nga wala yung video store na pinakamalapit sa amin ng TS3 kasi walang nakalagay sa harap. Yun pala, nakasingit lang dun sa kasuluk-sulukan. Wala akong nakitang VCD, DVD lang, isa lang ang stock. Binili ko na. Wala sila nung may jack-o-lantern, pero Ok na rin kasi I only want the DVD with the slipcase.

So, guys. It's worth buying. Go get your copy!

I'll upload some pictures soon.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 07:59 PM »

Yung subtitles, hindi ko sure kung tama o mali yung part na may sinabi si Ken na "Take him to the library" or parang ganun. Ang lumabas "libary". Unless kung ganun talaga ang pagkasabi ni Ken, IDK, I'll check again.

Intentional daw iyun.  Improvisation yata ni Michael Keaton (Voice of Ken) ayun sa Director and Producer.. as told in the commentary track on Disc 2 of Bluray.   Bluray's disc two, features the entire movie again with commentary track only and popup screen of concept art, trial animation, people who work on the movie, etc.  Since the popup screen are not interactive (you can't turn them off), it's would have been easy to just record the whole track as a video and put it on DVD... but Disney and others seems to be pushing people to upgrade, hence DVD is only 1-disc...

In my view, for Region 3/A, the two-disc Bluray is a better buy than the DVD+Bluray combo.

I found the Jack O' Lantern pail sa SM Record bar not Astro, but by then I already bought the DVD and the 2-disc Bluray, so I missed the treat, got tricked by Viva for buying early...
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2010 at 08:05 PM by techdude »

Offline DVD_lover

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 08:40 PM »

Intentional daw iyun.  Improvisation yata ni Michael Keaton (Voice of Ken) ayun sa Director and Producer.. as told in the commentary track on Disc 2 of Bluray.   Bluray's disc two, features the entire movie again with commentary track only and popup screen of concept art, trial animation, people who work on the movie, etc.  Since the popup screen are not interactive (you can't turn them off), it's would have been easy to just record the whole track as a video and put it on DVD... but Disney and others seems to be pushing people to upgrade, hence DVD is only 1-disc...

In my view, for Region 3/A, the two-disc Bluray is a better buy than the DVD+Bluray combo.

I found the Jack O' Lantern pail sa SM Record bar not Astro, but by then I already bought the DVD and the 2-disc Bluray, so I missed the treat, got tricked by Viva for buying early...

Parang ngang intentional. Besides, it's a comedy, so improvisation is pretty much natural. Thanks for the reply.

Sana maka-upgrade na ko sa Blu-ray, pero parang kaialangan mawala muna yung DVD bago ako makalipat. (parang sa VHS).

What I don't really get about Viva's releases (and I don't mean only Toy Story 3), kapag naglalabas sila ng may freebie (notebook or whatever), P750 ang price. Pero naman kapag wala, ganun pa rin ang price!

Some cases:
-Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 (w/ or w/ notebook, same price)
-Bolt (w/ dogtag or w/ notebook or w/o, same price)
-G-Force (w/ or w/o pen, same price)
-Hannah Montana: The Movie (w/ or w/o stationery set, same price)
-High School Musical 3 (w/ or w/o notebook, same price)
-Up (w/ or w/o pins&booklet, same price)

Those are some I remember....That's why I make sure I get the one WITH the freebies para sulit talaga. Pero as for TS3, the slipcase and the DVD are the only that mattered to me. I mean come on! What would I do with a Jack-o-lantern? Gawin kong water bowl para sa aso ko? Big deal siguro kung may family ka......

Only my opinion. Peace tayo....
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2010 at 08:43 PM by DVD_lover »

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 08:48 PM »

Parang ngang intentional. Besides, it's a comedy, so improvisation is pretty much natural. Thanks for the reply.

Sana maka-upgrade na ko sa Blu-ray, pero parang kaialangan mawala muna yung DVD bago ako makalipat. (parang sa VHS).

What I don't really get about Viva's releases (and I don't mean only Toy Story 3), kapag naglalabas sila ng may freebie (notebook or whatever), P750 ang price. Pero naman kapag wala, ganun pa rin ang price!

Some cases:
-Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 (w/ or w/ notebook, same price)
-Bolt (w/ dogtag or w/ notebook or w/o, same price)
-G-Force (w/ or w/o pen, same price)
-Hannah Montana: The Movie (w/ or w/o stationery set, same price)
-High School Musical 3 (w/ or w/o notebook, same price)
-Up (w/ or w/o pins&booklet, same price)

Those are some I remember....That's why I make sure I get the one WITH the freebies para sulit talaga. Pero as for TS3, the slipcase and the DVD are the only that mattered to me. I mean come on! What would I do with a Jack-o-lantern? Gawin kong water bowl para sa aso ko? Big deal siguro kung may family ka......

Only my opinion. Peace tayo....
I agree that the Jack O lantern pail is pretty useless, but it's Halloween, so it might be worth something to those with kids to play with, the other goodies inside like the pencils are also valuable, so is the candies (and tooth decay). Even if it will just gather dust afterwards, sometimes you feel cheated when you are a first-adopter, pay full price, then sometime later, somebody got a better deal...

As for same price with or without freebies, it maybe Viva's way of enticing people to buy immediately when a DVD comes out (just like the slipcase that comes with the first run of the DVD).  Because in the few months time, that DVD will be worth half or 1/4 of what you'd pay for...

As for Bluray, if you can plunk down the initial cost of the player (7k can do), you can sometimes get a  bluray for the same price as DVDs (ie Percy Jackspn, Alice in Wonderland, and Avatar Bluray are all now Php 750, although it's true that Percy Jackson's DVD counterpart is also now discounted...
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2010 at 08:53 PM by techdude »