Author Topic: The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary Edition  (Read 5835 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary Edition
« on: Oct 31, 2010 at 12:37 AM »

Celebrate the 45th Anniversary of one of cinema's greatest treasures, digitally restored and re-mastered in stunning Blu-ray High Definition!

20th Century Fox presents...
THE SOUND OF MUSIC 45th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray (& DVD) — Limited Collector's Set, and 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack »
(Available November 2)

Limited Edition Collector's Set of "Favorite Things", includes an exclusive hand-painted Music Box, 100-page Scrapbook, 45th Anniversary Soundtrack and more!

(Also available in 3-Disc Blu-ray and DVD Combo Packs)

$89.99 Limited Edition Collector's Set
(3-Disc BD/DVD set with Special Collectibles)

$34.99 3-Disc BD/DVD Combo Pack

Los Angeles, CA – Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment toasts the 45th anniversary of the five-time Academy Award®-winning The Sound of Music with its highly anticipated Blu-ray Disc debut November 2.

Starring Oscar® winner Julie Andrews in one of her most memorable roles, the film adaptation of Rodgers and Hammerstein's musical follows Maria, a spirited young woman who leaves a convent and becomes a governess to seven unruly children. Her charm and songs soon win the hearts of the children and their father but when Nazi Germany unites with Austria, Maria is forced to attempt a daring escape with her new family.

Meticulously Restored and Re-mastered, The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary Edition is presented with new 7.1 audio and offers BD-LIVE: Live Lookup™ (powered by IMDb®); Your Favorite Things: An Interactive Celebration featuring a Sing-A-Long, behind-the-scenes images, trivia and a location quiz; A City of Song with a virtual map of filming locations and interactive tour of the movie's locale of Salzburg, Austria; vintage programs including a hilarious send-up of The Sound of Music from Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews herself; an enchanting interview with the real Maria von Trapp on The Julie Andrews Hour; and, for the very first time in home entertainment format, a spectacular full-length documentary, "Rodgers & Hammerstein: The Sound of American Music", hosted by Mary Martin; and much more.

Perfect for at home or on the go, The Sound of Music is available in 3-Disc Blu-ray and DVD Combo Packs. For a limited time, The Sound of Music is also available in an individually numbered Limited Collector's Set packaged in a keepsake box and featuring a 100-page "My Favorite Things" scrapbook, a 45th Anniversary Soundtrack, a reproduction of the original 1965 souvenir program, an exclusive hand-painted "My Favorite Things" music box and more (see image above).

A perfect holiday gift, the set is priced at $89.99 U.S., $99.99 Canada. The Blu-ray/DVD combo packs are attractively priced at $34.99 U.S., $37.99 Canada, allowing fans the best of both viewing and value added options.

The Sound of Music will also be made available day and date for digital download across several EST platforms. The Sound of Music is available on the iTunes Store (www.iTunes.com) as an iTunes Extras, which includes a sing-a-long version of the movie and more than 180 minutes of behind the scenes material.

Directed by Robert Wise and co-starring Christopher Plummer, the film garnered five Oscars including Best Picture and Best Director. A heartwarming story full of cherished songs such as "My Favorite Things," "Sixteen Going On Seventeen," "Edelweiss" and the title song, the film graces six different Top 100 lists by the American Film Institute including Musicals, Songs and Movies.

Details + BONUS FEATURES:
Screen Format: Widescreen (2:20:1)

Audio:
English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
English 4.0 Dolby Surround
Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
French 5.1 DTS

Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
U.S. Rating: G
Total Run Time: 178

Limited Edition Collector's Set:
* 2-Disc Blu-ray with all extras as detailed below
* Standard Definition DVD
* 45th Anniversary Soundtrack
* 100-Page "My Favorite Things" scrapbook
* Snapshots from Salzburg
* Reproduction of the original 1965 Souvenir program
* Exclusive "My Favorite Things" Music Box with letter of authenticity

Blu-ray Details - Disc 1:
* Feature Film remastered in 1080p Hi-Def with 7.1 DTS-HD Sound
* Your Favorite Things: An Interactive Celebration — All-New Immersive Viewing Experience with Behind-the-Scenes Images, On-Screen Lyrics, Trivia Track and Location Quiz
* Music Machine Sing-Along
* Audio Commentaries with Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and Director Robert Wise

BD-LIVE: Live Lookup™ (powered by IMDb®)

Blu-ray Details - Disc 2:
* Musical Stages: Creating The Sound of Music — All-New Interactive "Backlot Tour" with In-Depth Featurettes on the Songs, the Stage Show & Movie, the Film and Sound Restoration and the Real-Life von Trapp Family
* A City of Song — Virtual Map of Filming Locations in Salzburg, Austria
* Vintage Rodgers & Hammerstein and The Sound of Music Programs
* Screen Tests, Rare Treasures, Interviews, Photo Galleries & More!

DVD Disc: (Disc 3)
* Feature Film In Standard Definition
- Newly Remastered Picture and Sound
- Optional Sing-Along Track
* Music Machine Sing-Along
* The Sound of Music Tour – A Living Story

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary Edition
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2010 at 10:48 AM »
ok yung Bluray DVD  combo ha :)

I wonder what will they offer on its 75th anniversary hehehehe
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2010 at 06:29 PM by edboy7 »

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 05:27 PM »
I wonder if the 45th anniversary DVD presents any improvement over the 40th anniversary DVD.

I have the R3 40th anniversary DVD and it already has a great PQ over the 5-star edition.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 06:54 PM »
Fox produces 250,000 of this boxset.  Each one is individually numbered, but the sheer number probably would reduce the desirability of the set.  Granted that this is an AAA title, but most would probably opt for the simple Bluray/DVD Combo and save $50, after all, the US economy is just barely getting out of recession...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 08:15 PM »
One of my favorite things R1 ;D ...unboxing :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2011 at 08:16 PM by edboy7 »