Author Topic: Polk Audio Speakers  (Read 42627 times)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
Re: Polk Audio Speakers
« Reply #120 on: Nov 10, 2018 at 07:31 PM »
Hi guys, Up ko lang ito. Im just into movies, not audio. Ok ba to upgrade to lsim 703 bookshelves and lsim center, 704 ata, basta yun mas cheaper model. I have denon 2400.

Presently, i have paradigm mini monitors.  Bedroom setup only.

Or should i just stick with my setup because bedroom setup lang naman.? Will it make a lot of difference? I just have a small room and no acoustics panel on walls anyway.

Thanks

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #121 on: Nov 10, 2018 at 09:14 PM »
bet that your movie experience will get better, sir...

if I'd go Polk, only for LSi or RTi series… won't get anything Polk lower than them =))

Offline Benson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #122 on: Aug 04, 2020 at 12:31 AM »
Hi,

Have completed my 5.1 setup early this year in my room with Polk S15s as front speakers and S10s as surround.  For the center speakers though, I opted for the CS ia4 instead of the signature series when I auditioned it.   Mas angat iyung vocals compared to the center speaker signature series.  I am thinking of upgrading my front speakers in the near future with either the S20 or the Rtia3 and use my current S15s as surround.  I've auditioned both and I like the Rtia3 overall.  Though, the S20 has more bass which is more apt when watching movies.  Given that it's an older model, is it still advisable to own one of these rather than the more recent S20s?   Appreciate any inputs!.   Thanks!

For my sub, I use a Klipsch 10" one.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2020 at 12:36 AM by MyDestiny »
Keep the FAITH!  Pump up the ANIMO!

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #123 on: Aug 04, 2020 at 12:36 AM »
Hi,

Have completed my 5.1 setup early this year with Polk S15s as front speakers and S10s as surround.  For the center speakers though, I opted for the CS ia4 instead of the signature series when I auditioned it.   Mas angat iyung vocals compared to the center speaker signature series.  I am thinking of upgrading my front speakers in the near future with either the S20 or the Rtia3 and use my current S15s as surround.  I've auditioned both and I like the Rtia3 overall.  Though, the S20 has more bass which is more apt when watching movies.  Given that it's an older model, is it still advisable to own one of these rather than the more recent S20s?   Appreciate any inputs!.   Thanks!

For my sub, I use a Klipsch 10" one.
i used RTI A3 and CSIA6 before. good for movies basta warm sounding ung paired na Receiver. medyo bright kasi polk. but this setup is good paired with dual SVS Sub. hihihi
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Benson

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Aug 04, 2020 at 12:38 PM »
Hi Raider,

Newbie pa lang ako sa Home Theater and this is my first setup for my room.  Hopefully, I can upgrade in the future but the Klipsch 10" so far works for me :)  The SVS is double the price of this I believe.

My dilemma is do I go with the Rtia setup ( which is an older model ) or go with the signature series which is more recent.  Right now, I have a mixed setup since I have the Csia 4 center speakers which I like over the s30 (center speaker for the signature series).

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #125 on: Aug 04, 2020 at 09:53 PM »
Hi Raider,

Newbie pa lang ako sa Home Theater and this is my first setup for my room.  Hopefully, I can upgrade in the future but the Klipsch 10" so far works for me :)  The SVS is double the price of this I believe.

My dilemma is do I go with the Rtia setup ( which is an older model ) or go with the signature series which is more recent.  Right now, I have a mixed setup since I have the Csia 4 center speakers which I like over the s30 (center speaker for the signature series).
speakers dont detoriate much as time goes by. just the physical wear and tear. sound wise ayos kahti luma na.
i would prefer you go the RTIA route. just my two cents
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Benson

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Aug 04, 2020 at 11:43 PM »
Thanks Raider!  Will be considering this.

Offline Benson

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jan 23, 2021 at 01:05 PM »
I pushed through with my plan and purchased a pair of rti a3s as my front for my room.   Just wanted to ask for inputs ng amp which I intend to add in the future.   I heard the Crown amp xli series is ok daw to pair with polk audio and isn't that expensive?  Any other inputs regarding this?  TIA!
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2021 at 01:08 PM by Benson »

Offline Benson

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Apr 21, 2021 at 03:48 PM »
Anyone heard or tried the Reserve series of Polk? 

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 787
« Reply #129 on: Feb 21, 2022 at 08:57 PM »
So I recently did a home audition of Klipsch RP600M and Polk Audio Reserve R200. In the stereo shop at Watts HiFi at MCS, the Klipsch "seemed" to be the more impressive speaker due to the thundering bass. At home while the bass was still mightily impressive, the mids and highs were not up to par with my current B&W 606 S2 speakers. Though this must be the "warmest" sounding Klipsch speaker that I have heard.

So on to the Polk R200 speakers. The bass was a close match with my B&W speakers though the R200 was just a bit stronger and sounded tight and well defined throughout the bass frequencies. The mids and highs were also better in the R200 as they sounded more neutral and more sweet and refined than the 606 S2. Those ring radiator tweeters sure sound good! I've decided to purchase these Polk R200 speakers as the sound is too good to let go!  ;D

For more info about these speakers:

https://www.polkaudio.com/en/product/bookshelf-speakers/reserve-r200

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2021-product-of-the-year-awards-stand-mount-loudspeakers-of-the-year

Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60