Author Topic: The Sound of Music: 45th Anniversary Edition 3-Disc Limited Collector's Set  (Read 8652 times)

Offline videobuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Sound of Music: 45th Anniversary Edition 3-Disc Limited Collector's Set - Now Available In Leading Video Outlet and Record Bar Nationwide!

• Limited Edition Collector's Set of "Favorite Things", includes an exclusive hand-painted Music Box, 100-page Scrapbook, 45th Anniversary Soundtrack and more!

• Starring Oscar® winner Julie Andrews in one of her most memorable roles, the film adaptation of Rodgers and Hammerstein's musical follows Maria, a spirited young woman who leaves a convent and becomes a governess to seven unruly children. Her charm and songs soon win the hearts of the children and their father but when Nazi Germany unites with Austria, Maria is forced to attempt a daring escape with her new family.

• Meticulously Restored and Re-mastered, The Sound of Music 45th Anniversary Edition is presented with new 7.1 audio and offers BD-LIVE: Live Lookup™ (powered by IMDb®); Your Favorite Things: An Interactive Celebration featuring a Sing-A-Long, behind-the-scenes images, trivia and a location quiz; A City of Song with a virtual map of filming locations and interactive tour of the movie's locale of Salzburg, Austria; vintage programs including a hilarious send-up of The Sound of Music from Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews herself; an enchanting interview with the real Maria von Trapp on The Julie Andrews Hour; and, for the very first time in home entertainment format, a spectacular full-length documentary, "Rodgers & Hammerstein: The Sound of American Music", hosted by Mary Martin; and much more.

Offline utopian828

• Trade Count: (+143)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Is this in DVD or Blu-Ray? How much?

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
Is this in DVD or Blu-Ray? How much?

Same question here. Also, available dito? As in sa Astroplus?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline videobuff

• Collector
  • Liked:
It's a combo pack DVD+Bluray at P2500. yes this will be available sa Astroplus/vision, Odyssey etc.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Sinabi ba ng Viva if it will be the limited edition, including all the non-discs extras like the musicbox, etc.?

And when will it be available?  Pakitanong sa source mo sa Viva, thanks!
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline videobuff

• Collector
  • Liked:
Yes It's a set. Released siya yesterday. But according to Viva it will be pulled out from stores most probably next week na saya maging available ulit sa market. I'll try to visit asto today to confirm

Offline L O R D

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Be happy.
  • Liked:
I was able to buy it. It has the hard bound book, musical jewelry box, program, letter of authenticit any, postcards 6pcs, 2 disc blu ray and 1 dvd.

They pulled it out afterwards according to astroplus... they are awaiting for instructions from viva.

Offline utopian828

• Trade Count: (+143)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Saw the DVD version today. Not worth a triple dip imho.

750 bucks single disc.

Special features are as follows:

The 2 earlier 2-disc versions has lots of special features and way cheaper than this.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Why pull it out?  It's not like it's released ahead of time.  This is already out in America November 2.   Unless, they will reprice it, and that would be a bummer!

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
The Viva rep I talked to said there's something wrong with the content (of the box set, I guess) that's why they pulled it out.

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2010 at 09:43 PM by allanmandy »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
I was able to buy it. It has the hard bound book, musical jewelry box, program, letter of authenticit any, postcards 6pcs, 2 disc blu ray and 1 dvd.

They pulled it out afterwards according to astroplus... they are awaiting for instructions from viva.

The US version has the 45th Anniversary soundtrack. Does yours have that too?

Offline ciconneguy

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Movies and music make me happy. :)
  • Liked:
saw this box set prominently displayed at astro fairview last night...
It's time for the good times. Forget about the bad times. :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
My friend bought this last night at "O." A ot of the stock was prominently displayed. And YES, the Blu-ray has the infamous Tagalog subtitles!  ;D

"Doe," ay usa... Babaeng usa
"Ray," ay sinag ng araw
"Me," pantawag sa aking sarili
"Far," napakalayong lakbayin
"Sew," ako'y magtatahi
"La," notang sumunod sa "sew"
"Tea," ay isang inuming kasama ng palaman at tinapay
Ay magbabalik sa atin sa doe!

8)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline ciconneguy

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Movies and music make me happy. :)
  • Liked:
My friend bought this last night at "O." A ot of the stock was prominently displayed. And YES, the Blu-ray has the infamous Tagalog subtitles!  ;D

"Doe," ay usa... Babaeng usa
"Ray," ay sinag ng araw
"Me," pantawag sa aking sarili
"Far," napakalayong lakbayin
"Sew," ako'y magtatahi
"La," notang sumunod sa "sew"
"Tea," ay isang inuming kasama ng palaman at tinapay
Ay magbabalik sa atin sa doe!

8)

nakakaaliw ito a mr. hankey  ;D sayang wala akong bluray player  hehe
It's time for the good times. Forget about the bad times. :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
nakakaaliw ito a mr. hankey  ;D sayang wala akong bluray player  hehe

Meron din Tagalog subtitles sa Original R3 DVD. ;)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
So, what was wrong with the blu-ray box set that Viva had to pull it out of stores?

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Not sure. The Viva rep didn't elaborate. I asked if I could take a look, but she said it's restricted.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
From what had been mentioned, parang soundtrack cd lang ang kulang. But kasama ba iyun sa set? Some pictures include it some dont. No reviewer of the set mentioned it but it was in the us press release.???

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
The US version has the soundtrack. See the pics and reviews at Amazon.com. However, it seems that the included soundtrack mirrors the original CD release. A reviewer said that he had to buy the 25-track remastered edition separately because he was not satisfied with the soundtrack CD in the giftset.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Returned to stores!

From what's mentioned by LORD, wala naman pinagbago sa contents. So why did they pull it out in the first place?

Contents is almost similar to US version:
•2-discs Bluray (Region A, B, C)
•1-disc DVD
•All new Hardback Book
•Hand-painted Music Box
•Reprint of 1965 Theatrical Souvenir Book
•Certificate of Authenticity

No Soundtrack Included
Also no slipcover (The US version is slipcased), and it is not individually numbered.

Still, the best Special Edition DVD/Bluray released by the local distributors in awhile, at a price that could be considered reasonable...
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2010 at 06:47 PM by techdude »

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
There was allegedly a "miscommunication" between the distri and the production reason for the pull-out, d@mn as it may sound but they were initially looking for that little girl dancing inside the music box.  ;D

@techdude, I only saw 1 BD and 1 DVD when it was opened in front of me.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
There was allegedly a "miscommunication" between the distri and the production reason for the pull-out, d@mn as it may sound but they were initially looking for that little girl dancing inside the music box.  ;D
So they expect Julie Andrews inside singing My Favorite Things... ;D

It includes two Bluray, placed back-to-back on the flip inside the Bluray case.  With the DVD occupying the traditional slot on the case.
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2010 at 07:30 PM by techdude »

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
So whats the content of the other BD? US 3-disc release consists of a BD/DVD/Audio CD.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
So whats the content of the other BD? US 3-disc release consists of a BD/DVD/Audio CD.
The US version is actually 4-discs.  The local version is identical in content to the US version sans the CD and the slipcase.

The first Bluray include the feature film, audio commentary, and a picture-in-picture presentation of the film.  The second Bluray include the bulk of the extras. 

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
^ thank you..

Offline videobuff

• Collector
  • Liked:
There was allegedly a "miscommunication" between the distri and the production reason for the pull-out, d@mn as it may sound but they were initially looking for that little girl dancing inside the music box.  ;D

@techdude, I only saw 1 BD and 1 DVD when it was opened in front of me.

they thought the music box originally has a dancing figurine inside so they pulled it out. but after validating they found out that it's just a plain music box without the dancing girl after all.hehe

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Posted here are actual pictures of the Philippine version of 45th Anniversary Edition Boxset of The Sound of Music.  The pictures have been resized to made them easier to load.  Pardon the low quality of the pictures, they are taken in a hurry on my phone camera...

Front

________

Back

________

Opened, the strap is included to help you remove the hardbound book without having to tilt the box upside down.  :)

________

The hardbound book of high quality.

________

The infamous winding musical box that led to a recall.  No dancing figurine inside.  ;)  Plays 'My Favorite Things' in typical music box tones.  Nice except, it doesn't stop playing when you close the box until it winds down  (so it also won't start playing when you lift the lid).

________

The Amaray casing of the discs, it's original Amaray, but as you can see, it's for the Philippine market as the MTRCB logo and barcode indicate.

________

The complete boxset. All for Php 2500.
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2010 at 09:43 PM by techdude »