Author Topic: Denon DVD-2200  (Read 736 times)

Offline ExtremeGZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Denon DVD-2200
« on: Nov 16, 2010 at 04:48 AM »
Sir/s,

I am newbie here. Thanks for allowing me to join the group.

Your inputs for Denon DVD-2200 is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and More Power!

EGZ

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Denon DVD-2200
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 06:04 PM »
THE Denon 2200 is my very first DVD player. It sold at that time for around P28,000 from Spectra. The best ever quality of the 2200 is the FAROUDJA VIDEO CHIP and the "NSVP" or Noise Shape Video Processor. The Faroudja delivers the deinterlacer/line doubler merit while the NSV processor additionally help in bringing out a smoother, solid picture by tackling the "mosquitoes" or video pixel "noises" which was problematic for most DVD players at that time to resolve for the early first or second generation DVDs (as the first batches of DVDs were not pressed as perfect as the picture quality of say Contact or Fifth Element), some of which has been mastered in native JPEGs thats a just a little notch better than VCDs.

I've owned five other DVD players before the 2200 but when I came to discover that Denon could obliterate all the previous ones in picture quality - due to superior video processing - I have not used any other brand since but adhered to Denon. I'm still using the 2200 eight years later, up to the present. The chassis, the weight and the picture above all else, will make you a believer out of Denon's videophile standard.