Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A210 3D #1 NMT Network Media Jukebox,Apps Market,Aluminum,Facebook  (Read 111918 times)

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Presenting the all new Popcorn Hour A-210..coming soon..

same specs with Popcorn Hour A-200..the only difference is the casing..

Aluminum Case fanless design

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2011 at 10:57 PM by ert »

Offline Gsound

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
baka puedeng case lang.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
baka puedeng case lang.

:), i like the casing too..
The Pats way...

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
This is a good improvement.  Even though I have no issues with the tupperware look, the fan of the A200 can be annoying in a small & quiet room.

Offline sleepygeepy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
I'm looking forward to the new popcorn hour A-210. The right upgrade to my old but trustworthy popcorn hour A110 hehehe! :) 

The aluminum case acts like a passive heatsink for the processor so temperatures are actually cooler than the original A200 (that uses a small but noisy fan).  Quieter and cooler, what more can you ask for 8)

A200 - 3rd party metal case with optional fanless heatsink
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=38734

I just hope that the metal case can also be sold as a separate upgrade, so that existing A200 owners need not buy a new A210 unit.

Sir ert, have you thought about offering to sell the case plus the assembly service to upgrade existing A200 units of your customers?  I'm sure a lot of them would be interested in this :)

Offline sleepygeepy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
More info...

Modding the Popcorn Hour A-200 With A 3rd Party Case
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/05/24/modding-the-popcorn-hour-a-200-with-a-3rd-party-case/

It seems that removing the fan invalidates the warranty (which is expected).  Which is why an "in-shop" upgrade service would be better for most of us :D

Offline muchobagito

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
i wonder when this would be available locally.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 383

I just hope that the metal case can also be sold as a separate upgrade, so that existing A200 owners need not buy a new A210 unit.

Sir ert, have you thought about offering to sell the case plus the assembly service to upgrade existing A200 units of your customers?  I'm sure a lot of them would be interested in this :)

+ 1 on this ...... I hope that existing A200 users can avail of the casing upgrade, if possible.

I've been a longtime A110 user and I'm very satisfied with the heat dissipation of it's aluminum casing.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
More info...

Modding the Popcorn Hour A-200 With A 3rd Party Case
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/05/24/modding-the-popcorn-hour-a-200-with-a-3rd-party-case/

It seems that removing the fan invalidates the warranty (which is expected).  Which is why an "in-shop" upgrade service would be better for most of us :D

That is what my a200 uses

However I went all out and installed the passive cooling bracket so my unit is quiet

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Syabas' Award-Winning Device Now Features Eyecon Technologies' Media Software Platform, Compatible With Android Smartphones, iPhones, and iPads

FREMONT, CA--(Marketwire - December 10, 2010) -  The award-winning Popcorn Hour A-210 and C-200 offer home entertainment enthusiasts access to the ultimate Networked Media Jukebox, in time for the winter season. Popcorn Hour enables enthusiasts to stream their stored digital media -- movies, music and photos -- from networked devices or local USB devices to their home entertainment center. Popcorn Hour also brings Internet apps to your HDTV via the Popcorn Hour Apps Market, including Facebook, Twitter, Revision 3, and many others.

Popcorn Hour devices are also now compatible with Eyecon Technologies' media software platform, enabling Popcorn Hour users to use their mobile device as a single access point to their digital media world. With Eyecon installed on an Android phone, iPhone, or iPad, users can search and browse to access their home media libraries (iTunes, Windows Media and many others) or web-based content, play the content on their mobile device, and use the device to control playback via the Popcorn Hour products.

The Eyecon media platform normalizes content across various sources and bridges the gap between the content sources and the consumer's playback devices. With the Eyecon Parallel Screen Approach users enjoy a parallel synchronized viewing experience, enabling them to manage their media -- whether searching, browsing, previewing, or arranging -- on a second screen in the palm of their hand, without cluttering or interfering with their primary TV screen.
"Syabas and Eyecon are changing the game. Now users can search over all media sources, direct and route media to the Popcorn Hour Media Jukebox and easily control playback, all from an app on a smart device," said Ari Birger, CEO, Eyecon.

"Popcorn Hour players have been the heart and soul of Syabas' product offerings for years, and has driven the growth of our core user base," said Armando Lopez, VP of Strategic Product Marketing, Syabas. "Digital media enthusiasts looking for more control and more horsepower in their home entertainment experience are going to absolutely drool over the next generation of Popcorn Hour players. The new A-210 all aluminum chassis design not only runs cool but looks cool in your entertainment center. We're excited to bring to market a powerful device that centralizes the web-connected entertainment experience on the HDTV unlike anything else on the market."

Popcorn Hour unifies content from various networked devices by streaming it all to your television, and pulls web content in the form of Internet apps that are accessible via the Popcorn Hour Apps Market. The Network Media Jukebox software enables the Popcorn Hour to access IMDB online to display movie poster art and information in a rich user interface, instead of old PC-style file names. Popcorn Hour devices feature better than Blu-ray quality video playback with support for up to 100mbps streams, and 24P frame rates. Popcorn Hour devices also allow you to enjoy your Blu-ray image files with no loss of movie quality and interactive menu support, meaning you will never notice that you're actually watching a digital file instead of the original disc.

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
will this have a PVR function?

Offline stalkermania

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Do you have any idea if its already available in Phils?
What is its SRP?

Offline yeaboi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
i hope there would be a "case only" option for existing a200 users. better yet, a "case trade-in option" (wishful thinking)

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
haayyyy...sana magkaruon na ng ganito dto....

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
haayyyy...sana magkaruon na ng ganito dto....

it will be available locally late next week  ;)

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:

nice! how much kaya?

Offline stalkermania

• Collector
  • Liked:

any idea of the price?

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
I will guess about P1,000 additional over the A200

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I will guess about P1,000 additional over the A200

nope e :( will let you know guys next week  ;)

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
nope e :( will let you know guys next week  ;)

wooohooo!!!! kukuha ako agad neto...pa reserve ako sir ha?! ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2011 at 01:24 AM by deo »

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Hey guyz magkano ba ung A200? TY  ;)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline stalkermania

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hey guyz magkano ba ung A200? TY  ;)

ke toy01 around 10k..stores around around 12k~13k

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70

Ok -- thanks Stalker - mataas pala ito sa mga ibang NMTs. However, i would to ask further, is this the NMT that would show the "DTS-MA" or "DD TruHD" on the display of the receiver? thanks again  ;)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Ok -- thanks Stalker - mataas pala ito sa mga ibang NMTs. However, i would to ask further, is this the NMT that would show the "DTS-MA" or "DD TruHD" on the display of the receiver? thanks again  ;)

I can guarantee you a million percent that DTS-HD or TrueHD displays on the TV screen when you press the Info button on the A200 Remote...and those kinds of indications are displayed if and only if the soundstream is DTS-HD or TrueHD respectively.

Member Gaol has confirmed in another thread that such indications are also displayed on his receiver.

I know another member who has confirmed that the Xtreamer Pro is very much capable of the same on his Onkyo.

But you have to have the full length contents too of course.   ;)

Offline stalkermania

• Collector
  • Liked:
even VLC player can do that... much more with existing NMTs.
This will only show if the movie file has an encoded audio format for DTS-HD or TrueHD.

For me.. I haven't encountered any DTS-MA, DD TruHD, DTS-HD or True-HD encoded movie...

Does anyone already have a DTS-HD or True-HD encoded movie file?

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
even VLC player can do that... much more with existing NMTs.
This will only show if the movie file has an encoded audio format for DTS-HD or TrueHD.

For me.. I haven't encountered any DTS-MA, DD TruHD, DTS-HD or True-HD encoded movie...

Does anyone already have a DTS-HD or True-HD encoded movie file?

Almost all bluray movies have DTS-HD or Dolby True-HD audio. BD25's by Eureka have HD audio as well. For Mkvs encoded with HD audio, look at the releases of Framestor.

You can also encode your own mkv with Hd audio
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2011 at 04:34 PM by Beefy »

Offline stalkermania

• Collector
  • Liked:
Almost all bluray movies have DTS-HD or Dolby True-HD audio. BD25's by Eureka have HD audio as well. For Mkvs encoded with HD audio, look at the releases of Framestor.

You can also encode your own mkv with Hd audio

thnks.. i'll check it out.. kahet audio codec lang ayos na...
ako na lang ang mag-merge.

other sources besides framestor?

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

sa greenhills 15k with 1TB HDD ;)

Offline stalkermania

• Collector
  • Liked:
sa greenhills 15k with 1TB HDD ;)

sir, alam mo ba price kung di kasama 1TB HDD?

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
sir, alam mo ba price kung di kasama 1TB HDD?

sabi nung bantay 10k daw, di ko lang sure kung sabi nya lang un para may masabi sya  >:( pero parang mahal kung 1TB lang, kasi 5k+ na lng 2TB na WD HDD.