Author Topic: The Expendables: Philippine R3 Release Comments  (Read 1400 times)

Offline sharkey360

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Expendables: Philippine R3 Release Comments
« on: Nov 29, 2010 at 09:13 PM »
In some stores, The Expendables DVD is sold with a t-shirt.

Has anyone bought the DVD? Reviews on its quality are welcome.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010 at 09:26 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: The Expendables
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 09:25 PM »
The picture quality of the main feature is EXCELLENT... BUT it's fullscreen. Accurate, easy to read on/off subtitles. Oddly, the special features are actually WIDESCREEN, and look like they came from the electronic press kit for the theatrical release of the film. Yes, the trailer and the short excerpts from the film in the special features are widescreen, while the movie itself is actually fullscreen. Only in the Philippines.  ;D

Oh there are also really poor quality (like, shot with a video cam in a cinema bad) trailers for Piranha and Skyline at the start of the disc.

The T-shirt is about the size of an American large, so it's not the usual tight medium that Magna usually gives out. So I can wear Viva free shirts but not Magna ones. O0
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010 at 09:28 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Re: The Expendables: Philippine R3 Release Comments
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 10:57 PM »
Is it DVD9?
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
Re: The Expendables
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 01:10 PM »
Oh there are also really poor quality (like, shot with a video cam in a cinema bad) trailers for Piranha and Skyline at the start of the disc.

why do they put such trailer quality? i've seen it and it's baaaad! sana di na lang sila naglagay ng trailers.  madalas ginagawa ng viva 'yan, eh.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 03:45 PM »
Attention: Viva Rep.

I hope you're reading this. I've honestly heard complete strangers tell salesladies at Astrovision, "Kung VIVA yan, hindi kami bibili, naloko na kami niyan noon, pangit." This is due to your lousy 375 full screen, substandard releases. They boycott even your excellent Fox and Disney releases due to your quality issues with your smaller studio releases, since not everyone is savvy enough to read PinoyDVD and know the difference. The automatic assumption of many is Viva DVD = BAD.

You're losing business in an already small market of buyers of original DVDs. Please do something about the quality of your non-Viva/Fox/Universal releases. It will really make a difference in your sales.

Thank you.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 04:55 PM »
^ I-translate mo rin into Tagalog para maintindihan  ;D

Honestly, what you wrote is what Viva needs to see. Because all they do is put their VCD-encoded files into a DVD disc. Huwag sila maghintay makasuhan ng fraud.

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 08:07 PM »
There are also salesladies advising their sukis to avoid the DVDs marked as VCI copies.  So maski mga Viva salesladies, alam na crappy ang mga release na iyon.
Absolutely no regrets!