Author Topic: SVSound speakers  (Read 219331 times)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
Re: SVS speakers
« Reply #180 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 02:53 AM »
That's too bad Paul. Are you sure you can't make it? I am coming from graveyard shift also until 7am. ;D
7am din pala ako  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #181 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 03:13 AM »
7am din pala ako  :)

Basta bro...hintayan tayo. :) Kopi-kopi nalang muna habang naghihintayan tayo. ;)

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #182 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 05:03 AM »
see you guys later ;D
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 230
« Reply #183 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 05:19 AM »
Have a great time guys on your listening session today
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 05:27 AM »
Have a great time guys on your listening session today

Will do brader! ;D Aren't you joining us??? ???

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #185 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 06:23 AM »
ano na difference nung new and old?
sabi ni sir nelson meron na raw bago e...

wala pong "bago" na model.   sinong nelson sir?

the PB10NSD/PB12NSD with sledge amp will ONLY be sold in the US (inuubos lang ang enclosures)

kapag naubos na: PB10NSD will be phased out.  PB12NSD will be given a new smaller enclosure to split the void of the phased out PB10NSD.  BUT, wala pang smaller PB12NSD anywhere in the world.  prototype pa lang, not even in production yet.

smaller enclosure means EITHER higher tuning OR lower low bass SPL.  so the current PB12NSD should be at least equal to or better than the "new smaller PB12NSD"
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #186 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 06:44 AM »
Ayt! Its D-day today! :D ;D

See you guys later! ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010 at 06:44 AM by macdon »

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 02:11 PM »
it was nice meeting all of you guys. Sir iiinas, please post the pics ha. Those ultras are really heavenly  ;D
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #188 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 04:41 PM »
Saturday is usually a sacred day for me un touched by anyone except I have good reasons to get out of the house and spend it some where else I know worth my time. GRACELAND have always been worthy of visiting as you would usually go there to get the much talked about and much sought SVS subwoofer, definitely worht evry time and effort and money.

Today, i trooped down to Graceland without anything to get but expectations are high considering I will get to meet some of our pdvd buddies and hear for the first time the now becoming much talked about SVS speakers. In attendance were

iiinas, stickfighter, ninjababes, jao143, obsi and macdon,gaol and off course mike c.

so off we go and fired away with some music coming form mike c's PS3, set up was then just the left and right SCS-01, having the chance to also hook up wiht some audiophile friends, i easily have some benchmark on how music is being listened too by this people. After several music played, I can only say this speaker will not dissapoint with or without the subwoofer integrated to the system. Im not well versed into some technical jargons so I wouldnt dare thread discussing thigns into this realm. When we played the Audiophile voices, I was perpflexed to hear how clear the vocals where. The voices im hearing is very clear, sweet and pleasing, the way I have heard it from some very expensive speakers. The sound does not have any sense of character except its very natural just the way vocals and instrument would have sounded when you hear them played in front of you.

When mike shifted to fast paced music with touches of bass, the SCS-01 showed its seamless integration with the PB10 NSD, PB12NSD and PC12Plus, the subwoofer just disappeared and the sound seems to coming out of just the left and right front speaker. The timbre of each sound you hear would bring smile to your face as it reaches your ear

The acid test, movie, with  just the SCS -01 L and R and center hooked up. By far, this is one of the best combination I have ever heard in my so many years of having been into this hobby whe we talk of speakers to subwoofer integration. Watching Terminator Salvation has never been this good. The panning effect from left to center to right is so lifelike kagawad mac requested the scene to be repeated to savor the same beautiful sound we hard the frist time. These speakers does seem to know the meaning of stress and tension as even when we cranked the volume to around -5 db, just few nothces away from reference, you wouldnt hear any distortion, clarity and details where never compromised even at high listening levels.

I can firmnly say these SVS speakers will give the more expensive brands and models a run for their money. Not only do they sound so excellently, they look so beautiful as well. Minimalist design but much sophistication would make them stand out not only in the sound aspect but in the aesthetics values as well. Having them hanged on the walls would definitely be a good conversation piece when visitors are in the house.

Now if you are wondering if I will trade my exisitng speakers with these babies, in the proper time I will ;) ;) ;)

Thank you so much mike c for finally making these speakers get the attention they truly deserve, thank you for hosting us and thank you pdvd buddies. ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010 at 08:17 PM by macdon »
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #189 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 05:40 PM »
hayz ... masaya na medyo malungkot ..  :-*
ika nga ni terrence howard ng iron man 1 ... next week baby  .. ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline nogie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #190 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 06:10 PM »
hayz ... masaya na medyo malungkot ..  :-*
ika nga ni terrence howard ng iron man 1 ... next week baby  .. ;D

1 week na lang bro kuha ka na ng svs? lapit na yon. congrats in advance! welcome to svs club! ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 07:02 PM »
Many thanks to our Graceland host sir MikeC - for the food, the SVS audition and specially the discounts!  :D

Huge congrats to brader Arn for getting 2 pb12s and to brader Jaol for getting his 2nd pc12 SVS sub! Woohooo! ;D ;D ;D

As brader Tirso mentioned above - the SVS speakers are so clear and crisp! Ang lutong - grabe! :o Free from any coloration or character - perfectly natural/neutral. It reminds me of those multiplex mini-theaters in the states! Truly a perfect sonic match to the awesome SVS subs!

A special shout out goes to the man of the hour, Ninjababez!!!  :D :D So many quotable quotes.........kaso lahat sablay!  :D :D :D
But it seems he redeemed himself by having a one-on-one conversation with Kapitana Graceland.........so congrats in advance Ninjababez!!!!! ;D

Kagawad Aynz - saan na yung mga pics? ;D Mukang naka tulog ka nanaman ata eh  :D :D ;D

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 230
« Reply #192 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 07:23 PM »
I know you guys will be all praises :) Nice to hear, sad for not being there :-\ Hintay nalang ako sa pictures nyo sa mga pumupunta ;)
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #193 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 08:11 PM »

Kagawad Aynz - saan na yung mga pics? ;D Mukang naka tulog ka nanaman ata eh  :D :D ;D

uploading...

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 08:11 PM »
Many thanks to our Graceland host sir MikeC - for the food, the SVS audition and specially the discounts!  :D

Huge congrats to brader Arn for getting 2 pb12s and to brader Jaol for getting his 2nd pc12 SVS sub! Woohooo! ;D ;D ;D

As brader Tirso mentioned above - the SVS speakers are so clear and crisp! Ang lutong - grabe! :o Free from any coloration or character - perfectly natural/neutral. It reminds me of those multiplex mini-theaters in the states! Truly a perfect sonic match to the awesome SVS subs!

A special shout out goes to the man of the hour, Ninjababez!!!  :D :D So many quotable quotes.........kaso lahat sablay!  :D :D :D
But it seems he redeemed himself by having a one-on-one conversation with Kapitana Graceland.........so congrats in advance Ninjababez!!!!! ;D

iba talaga si ninjababes tinalo si melanie marquez sa mga binitiwang quotes, nung una bleep bleep, tapos habng kumakain bleep bleep bleep, tapos nung second listening session, bleep bleep bleep tapos nung nasa terrace supposedly to close out the transaction with mike argh argh argh bleep bleep bleep bleep  kaya ayun mukahnag babalik na sa sabado ulit;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

si jao at arn di mapigil grabe walang kaabog abog humakot ng tig dalawang sub kaya pala ang lalaki ng dalang sasakyan

si stickfighter silent operator malamang bago matapos ang december naka full set na ng SVS. Intayin nyo sa marketplace for sale Infinity primus one set ;D ;D ;D ;D RFS: will buy SVS speakers

may isang PB12NSD dun nag iintay ng pick up, hakutin ko na kaya ;D ;D ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 08:39 PM »
............. ayun mukahnag babalik na sa sabado ulit;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Correction brader - sa Thursday sya babalik :D :D

si stickfighter silent operator malamang bago matapos ang december naka full set na ng SVS. Intayin nyo sa marketplace for sale Infinity primus one set ;D ;D ;D ;D RFS: will buy SVS speakers

Nung nag-ingles na sya mag tanong kay mike - nakita ko na kung gaano na sya ka-serious sa svs speakers  :D :D :D

Pull the trigger na brader Mart!  ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 08:44 PM »
Correction brader - sa Thursday sya babalik :D :D

Nung nag-ingles na sya mag tanong kay mike - nakita ko na kung gaano na sya ka-serious sa svs speakers  :D :D :D

Pull the trigger na brader Mart!  ;D

ayun oh mas maaga pa pala eh panalo yehey

paano ba nag salita si martin

ah mike im kinda wondering how would this come up in my room, i have been having sleepless morning since i saw this the last time out and you know yeah i know now you know ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline obsi

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 09:10 PM »
Thank you to Mike C for hosting today's audition of the very neutral sounding and value packed speakers!
"All Your BASS Are Belong To Us..."

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #198 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 09:14 PM »
My pleasure guys, still not home yet, reply na lang ako mamaya ;)
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #199 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 09:46 PM »
some pictures i took during the small eb for the svs speakers. thanks sir mike sa hospitality and pizzas! great day spent with friends and fellow enthusiast!

the scs-01 center atop an auralex board.

the pc12 plus cylinder sub, and a 12nsd beside it, got to hear both alternately. bass so clean and accurate!

the 10nsd with the lampano cd we used for auditioning the speakers in stereo.

brader martin holding onto the sss-01 bipole speakers, ayaw ng bitawan!

ano kaya binubulong ni kagawad kay kapitan....

obsi, stickfighter, kapitan and kagawad

kagawad, onkyo606 and ninjababes

brader martin and jao, si brader martin tawang tawa sa joke ni kagawad mac!

kapitan explaining some points during the speakers audition.

sorry as i did not get to take pictures in kapitan's ht room, was too busy enjoying the three ultras sing!   :o :o :o

as the others have been saying a very neutral speaker set for the s series speakers of svs, no coloration at all, vocals during the lampano cd listening was crisp and clear. instruments played with clarity. obviously the speakers does not have great bass but as kapitan said, thats what the svs subs are for.  ;)

sayang i was out already when they auditioned the center channel as well, but i have no doubt it should perform as expected.  ;D

« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010 at 10:32 PM by iiinas »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM »
^^^ Thanks for posting the pics kagawad Aynz - seems everybody really had a blast! ;D

Brader Tirso's motto really hits the nail on the head!  ;) I would love my HT to sound like that!  8)

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 10:15 PM »
Good morning on a very nice Saturday evening! ;D Yes...you read it correctly. I just woke up today, after spending my entire morning at GRACELAND, directly from my graveyard shift last night. :)

Like Tirso, I normally spend my Saturday mornings coming home from work and just chilling watching movies at home until I fall asleep, after a stressful nights work. But to this morning was different. I was going to spend it with friends...friends that are worth my relaxation time. ;D

At around 9:00am, we all found ourselves in a place called GRACELAND. This place houses one of the best sounding subwoofers in the world...and now, one of the best sounding speakers my ears have ever heard - SVS ;D

Yes folks...today was the morning that we decided to put the test on the spearker line of SVS. :)

Audio

We began with mp3 music played via PS3 and then CD's via DVD player. The set-up was the 2 front speakers, Denon receiver and the PB12NSD. As Tirso and Mardon mentioned, they were very neutral and natural sounding. Set at stereo mode, it sounded like there was a center speaker that was dedicated to the vocals of the music. At no point did the sub overpower the speakers. They were perfectly matched.

In the earlier posts of this thread...I did mention that the SVS speakers have very little or no "uhmp" at all without the subwoofer. I am no audiophile, but even with just the left and right speakers producing the sound with no sub, the pair pretty much sang well. If you ask me...personally, they sound better with the sub. But that's just me. ;D

Home Theater

This is the main reason why I found myself at GRACELAND. From the first time I saw the speakers, I was already curious how these babies would perform when watching movies. So we requested our kind host if we could include and set-up the center speaker, and Mike gladly gave in to our request.

The material use was and Bluray disc of Terminator Salvation - the "gas station" scene. The nice thing about this is that I have not seen this movie, which made my audition better as the material was not "known" to me.

What can I say....? I was speechless. I could not believe what I heard and most of all, I could not believe that these speakers could produced such sounds. Again, they were very neutral in sound and the blend of the fronts and the center were perfectly harmonized. As Tirso mentioned, the panning scene of the movie which went from left...center...to right, just made us hear how well blended these speakers are. At no given point, was there an instance were the sub overpowered the speakers or vise versa. And may I also add, that the set-up this morning was NOT calibrated at all - and inspite of that, was able to provide us with a very overwhelming home theater experience. Truly a set worthy of an upgrade.

SVS speaker auditon was a time well spent, not only because they met my expectations, but it was also a time very well spent with very good and respectable members of our community. A lot of laughter and kulam! :D

To the new members I had the opportunity to have met today, to those whom are already friends and to our very generous host sir Mike...I am thankful for being able to be part of this mornings activity. :)

Now...who is interested on a set of Infinity Primus? :P

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 10:24 PM »
^^^ Thanks for posting the pics kagawad Aynz - seems everybody really had a blast! ;D

Brader Tirso's motto really hits the nail on the head!  ;) I would love my HT to sound like that!  8)

ITS SVS OR NOTHING ;D ;)

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 10:28 PM »

I post mo na sa marketplace yan woooohoooooo

my plans have changed, will be setting aside the eq for the meantime

SVS speakers baby SVS speakers wooohoooooo

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 10:37 PM »
Do I smell a group buy?  :o   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 10:38 PM »
Do I smell a group buy?  :o   ;D ;D ;D

why not cocunut hehehehehe

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 11:21 PM »
it was nice to finally meet some of pdvd's masters and gurus. Sir mike salamat sa very good deal, pizza at tour ng iyong koi pond. Speaking of the svs speakers, for its size, you'll be surprised by its sq. Now, who's interested in a klipsch f3 package... Hehehe... ;D
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #207 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 11:34 PM »

Tupayb?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 11:40 PM »
Tupayb?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hahahahahaha!.....Hinde! :P

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 11:45 PM »
i post na na yung F3 at Primus package

ako di na mag post pwede namang may pang palit para paibaiba ng lasa ;) ;)