Author Topic: SVSound speakers  (Read 220041 times)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: SVS speakers
« Reply #360 on: Dec 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM »
To follow po brader Pip! :-[ Wala pa camera ko eh...hiniram po. :)

brader donnel pahiram muna ha

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #361 on: Dec 22, 2010 at 10:56 PM »

+1. I Bro Donnel can assist, otherwise I'll volunteer my free photography service. ;D

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #362 on: Dec 22, 2010 at 11:14 PM »
sir stick same pala tayo ng reference material nung una kung kinabit ang scs-01 x3 +sss-01. ang saya saya ko na hindi ako makapaniwala na galing sa mga maliit na spkrs ang tunog. very detailed and non fatiguing. hindi talaga ako nagkamali sa pagpili even without auditioning and a clue how they sound. i just relied on the reviews of our fellow pdvd peeps which are spot on.

try also andrea boccelli live in tuscany and sting live in berlin concert. lalo kang masisiyahan.
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2010 at 11:39 PM by GneW »

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #363 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM »

COMING SOON! ;D

+1. I Bro Donnel can assist, otherwise I'll volunteer my free photography service. ;D

If my camera doesn't arrive on time, I might take you up on that offer brader Paul! ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM by stickfighter »

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 01:02 AM »
sir stick same pala tayo ng reference material nung una kung kinabit ang scs-01 x3 +sss-01. ang saya saya ko na hindi ako makapaniwala na galing sa mga maliit na spkrs ang tunog. very detailed and non fatiguing. hindi talaga ako nagkamali sa pagpili even without auditioning and a clue how they sound. i just relied on the reviews of our fellow pdvd peeps which are spot on.

try also andrea boccelli live in tuscany and sting live in berlin concert. lalo kang masisiyahan.

Thank you for recommending other good sounding materials for me to play. ;D Yep! this is a very good investment indeed. A very good sounding speakers with a reasonable price tag - value for money indeed. ;)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 01:08 AM »
If my camera doesn't arrive on time, I might take you up on that offer brader Paul! ;D

For you bro, anytime! Just give me a buzz! ;)

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 01:37 AM »
For you bro, anytime! Just give me a buzz! ;)

Thanks Paul...I appreciate the gesture! ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010 at 01:37 AM by stickfighter »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #367 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 02:29 AM »

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 02:54 AM »
Hahahahaha....I know...I know... :D :D :D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 07:39 AM »
Haha can't stop laughing...oh man now I know wht they say "a picture worth a thousand words"!  :D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 04:10 PM »
Finally had the chance to unpack the SCS speakers today. :) I have had them since last Saturday, Dec. 18th and it is only now that I have been given time to set these babies. ;)

The most recent Audessey calibration made was last Dec. 15th. Since I got the SBS-01's last Dec. 4th, I made them my main front speakers. My center and surrounds remained to be the Infinity's. I could not believe my ears when I heard the sound coming from the SBS. They were way better than my floorstanding Infinity's. :o

This is what made me decide to bite the bullet and got myself the SCS center and mains. ;) I just had to have them...and have them FAST! ;D

My plan is to wallmount these babies, however, I have not found the right bracket at this time. :-[  So what I did was, I placed them on the floor, on top of my Auralex Mopads. 8) They look awkward being on the floor the way they are, but it will do for now. :) Out of the box...plugged and fired on!

First up...Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City Music Hall. My jaw dropped and was speechless with what I heard. I never had anything that sounded this good until now. It sounded like Dave and Tim were just playing live in front of me "in the same room." The sound of the acoustic guitars were very detailed. You can hear every squick, every strum of the guitar in detail like nothing I have heard before. I used to play this same material using the Infinity floorstanders, and it did not sound anything like it sounded with the SCS speakers. And to top it all, the calibration used was that of the SBS and Infinity's. I am wondering what the entire set would sound like after I calibrate them once they are properly set-up. ::)

Unfortunately, this was the only file I tested today. The experience left me in awe that I decided to watch every bit of the material due to it's overwhelming sound quality. :)

I will provide more impressions as I go along...and hopefully, post pics as well soon! ;)

Guys, these speakers are fantastic! I highly recommend that you give yourselves the chance to audition them. If you are looking for great sounding speakers, you don't need to go looking around for one anymore. There is a place called GRACELAND...and I asure you, you will not leave empty handed. ;D

Very nice impressions brader Mart! I bet if you had the speakers positioned properly a bit higher you'd enjoy it even more ;)

The SVS S-Series speakers is absolutely bang for the buck at about 50k investment for a complete 5-piece set! For that amount, you simply get a good pair of floorstanders from other brands. The SVS sounds so incredibly good, that you kick yourself in the behind for not finding out about it sooner.
What they have done with their subwoofers, is what they did with their speakers - truly breathtaking!  ;)

And for anyone who have doubts, feel free to google the SVS S-series speakers and find out just what users around the world have replaced their current speaker brands with SVS. While your googling, you'll also find that there isnt a single negative feedback on these speakers!

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #371 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 04:24 PM »
kaya nga po nagtiis ako sa hapgreyd muna ngayon e dahil dito :'( mag-iipon muna ko :(
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 04:57 PM »

Very nice impressions brader Mart! I bet if you had the speakers positioned properly a bit higher you'd enjoy it even more ;)

The SVS S-Series speakers is absolutely bang for the buck at about 50k investment for a complete 5-piece set! For that amount, you simply get a good pair of floorstanders from other brands. The SVS sounds so incredibly good, that you kick yourself in the behind for not finding out about it sooner.
What they have done with their subwoofers, is what they did with their speakers - truly breathtaking!  ;)

And for anyone who have doubts, feel free to google the SVS S-series speakers and find out just what users around the world have replaced their current speaker brands with SVS. While your googling, you'll also find that there isnt a single negative feedback on these speakers!

SVS S series : S as in  S tickfighter

SVS M series : M as in M acdon

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 06:52 PM »

SVS S series : S as in  S tickfighter

+100 :D

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 10:35 PM »

SVS S series : S as in  S tickfighter

SVS STS - T as in TIRSO ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010 at 10:35 PM by stickfighter »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #375 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 10:51 PM »
SVS STS - T as in TIRSO ;D

naipasok mo pa yun ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #376 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 11:15 PM »

What they have done with their subwoofers, is what they did with their speakers - truly breathtaking!  ;)

Thanks Mardon! :) I agree with you. I am sure that once I position my speakers properly, these babies are going to sound even better. I am now shopping for wall mount brackets, so I can finally set them up properly and run the final calibration. It may take time, but I am sure that the end result is worth the wait. ;)

By tomorrow I will be putting the speakers to the test with different movie files. :) I will post my impressions as well. :)

A lot of members upgraded or bought SVS speakers and subs this past few weeks...days...etc...and we congratulated and acknowledged one another. :) However, we have not congratulated one person deserving of such compliment - sir Mike. :)

Congratulations sir Mike for the numerous sales you have made and for bringing SVS over to our shores. :) More power to you and MKC International!!! ;D You have truly made alot of members happy this year. :) Cheers! ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010 at 11:32 PM by stickfighter »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #377 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 11:28 PM »
Thanks Mardon! :) I agree with you. I am sure that once I position my speakers properly, these babies are going to sound even better. I am now shopping for wall mount brackets, so I can finally set them up properly and run the final calibration. It may take time, but I am sure that the end result is worth the wait. ;)

By tomorrow I will be putting the speakers to the test with different movie files. :) I will post my impressions as well. :)

A lot of members upgraded or bought SVS speakers and subs this past few weeks...days...etc...and we congratulated and acknowledged on another. :) However, we have not congratulated one person deserving of such compliment - sir Mike. :)

Congratulations sir Mike for the numerous sales you have made and for bringing SVS over to our shores. :) More power to you and MKC International!!! ;D You have truly made alot of members happy this year. :) Cheers! ;)

brader i forgot to mention may quick fix suggestion ako sa problema mo ngayon. di ba naka lapag lang sa sahig yung speaks para di ka mahirapan bumili ka muna ng banig tapos dumapa ka or humiga habang nanood or nakinig ayan tamang tama nasa ear level mo na ang speaks hahahahahahahahaha

and oh yes BRAVO MR MIKE C clap clap clap

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #378 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 03:38 AM »

A lot of members upgraded or bought SVS speakers and subs this past few weeks...days...etc...and we congratulated and acknowledged one another. :) However, we have not congratulated one person deserving of such compliment - sir Mike. :)

I actually might be able to help you Mart ;D  PM sent.

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #379 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 04:33 AM »
I actually might be able to help you Mart ;D  PM sent.

I received your PM and replied back kagawad. ;D It just might work. ;D

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #380 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 06:02 AM »
thanks guys!  merry christmas and a happy new year!

i'll be offline for most of the vacation, so please send me an email if you have questions so i can reply to it as soon as i get the chance :)
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #381 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 06:27 AM »
Looks like we will have lots of EB next year. :)

Enjoy your vacation Mike & Merry Xmas! :D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #382 on: Dec 25, 2010 at 11:05 PM »
SVS M-series Speakers:

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #383 on: Dec 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM »
^^^^huwaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

mering meri talaga

M as in meri ;D ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #384 on: Dec 26, 2010 at 09:31 AM »

SVS M-series Speakers

For the past few months, I've been thinking of possibly upgrading my speakers - not that there's anything wrong with my B&Ws, but maybe just to try a different flavor.
I went the usual fare of auditioning as well as researching possible replacements from other brands - which even included the upper level of B&W.
Before, when I do HT speaker shopping - I usually just audition the left & right speaker and just accept whatever center & surrounds that came in the series.
However, this time around I thought of concentrating more on the center speaker as I feel that it is the vital channel of any good home theater.

One of my recent & unexpected auditions, is the SVS S-series speakers wherein the front LCR were all identical and it was even reasonably priced. The best part of these speakers are its crisp, clear and uncolored presentation - perfectly neutral!
My Rotel + B&W setup is a dynamic one if not a tad warm, so I felt prepared for the change. However, when an opportunity suddenly arose in upgrading my Rotel RB-985 amp to a more modern RMB-1075 amp, I was very surprised to find out how my old 985 were warm sounding.
With the 1075, the B&Ws opened up beautifully........and I could live with that, but still the thought of those uncolored SVS speakers lingered inside my head.

I still went ahead with the change and offered my B&Ws up for sale - but when I was coming home with the SVS S-series speakers in my trunk, I felt a little bit of buyer's remorse and thought that the B&Ws were still very good most specially with the new amp.
While I thought of withdrawing my B&Ws from the marketplace, I suddenly received a call from a prospective buyer - who is even ready to pay cash on the spot.
I auditioned the B&Ws to my buyer who even brought his family along with him to hear what he was about to purchase. While this was going on, I just sat in one corner admiring how my old B&Ws were singing differently. I could only hope and pray that maybe they wouldnt like it and leave.
Alas, they loved it.........they loved it so much that they even bought my SVS pb12 sub and was even asking if I would sell them my Rotel pre/pro. Well, I had to draw the line with the speakers & sub - but when it comes to my Rotel pre/pro - hands off please.

The next few days were the hardest - I wanted to open up the new SVS S-series, but just couldnt. I repeatedly asked myself if this would really be better than my old speakers but had to shake it off since they were basically not mine anymore.  My wife really loves the B&Ws and when she glanced at the new smallish box replacements, she gave me a weird look that kinda says "are you kidding me?!"
I knew that the SVS S-series speakers had more drivers compared to my B&Ws, they were clear enough in both vocals as well as music and they have that crisp detail that you rarely hear from speakers around its price - it totally outclassed and outperformed some mainstream speaker brands in the market that are close to its price - some are even more expensive. So, what should I be worrying about?

Being positive with my choice of speaker brand, I suddenly decided to even hike up all my considerations and made a blind leap of faith in getting the SVS M-series instead. I never really invest in something that I've never auditioned before - most specially with speakers, but I thought that if the S-series is this good, then having the M-series should be a lot better.  But the big question still remains - would it be better than my B&Ws?
I re-scheduled a trip to return the S-series, took home the M-series and for good measure took home a SVS PB13 Ultra to eliminate looking up and asking "what if".

Unboxing the M-series was an ordeal - they were huge and very heavy. The box of the center speaker MCS-01 alone is almost as big as an out-of-the-box pb10 subwoofer!  Each speaker was packed inside a draw-string cloth bag and nestled inside its double-box with high intensity foam.  Removing the cloth bags reveals the excellent fit and finish of the M-series, the magnetic grille is a novel idea,  the 0 or -3db tweeter attenuation switch is a nice consideration and the foam plugs for port tuning are all great features that you dont find to often in other speaker brands.
Each speaker comes with its own single page documentation or 'birth certificate'  showing its specs and its frequency response chart which was hand signed by the company's QA / QC inspector.

We all have our own media preference when auditioning or trying out new speakers, and since I also got a new pb13 Ultra subwoofer in the mix - might as well give both the speakers and sub a workout.  Jude Law's Enemy At The Gates was my chosen media to see how well the dialogue is amidst the rumble and chaos in the background.
As I've anticipated, the dialogue was very clear and coherent. The absence of any speaker coloration was both a welcome surprise that provided an exciting auditory experience. Even whispers and voices from a distance seems to emanate right from your theater room - amazing!
Accompanied with the micro-dynamic details of the left & right speaker, it defined a more finer detail that is crisp and an uncanny realistic experience.
SVS labels the M-series as "audiophile grade" speakers, so I quickly ended the first 20 minutes of Enemy At The Gates and chose the Legends Of Jazz. With music, the M-series is at its best - every instrument is clearly identified in its own space which you can actually pinpoint their position in the wide soundstage. The M-series were very holographic in nature that seems to float around you - making you feel not as a spectator but more of the performer! I allowed myself to be immersed in its sound and it was breathtaking!
Switching to Celine Dion's A New Day concert was a mixture of emotions - the sound seems to draw you in what the artist wants to convey - may it be a ballad or a fast moving song, it hits you emotionally. I did find myself with goosebumps in some of her songs.
Even when the concert ended, I didnt switch to a new media - I stuck around and listened while the credits was rolling. For some reason, you want to hear every possible sound from the speakers in hopes of hearing something that you havent heard before.
I was so giddy at this point that I had to try the Blue Man Group's How To Be A Rockstar concert - what a mind blowing experience! The sound dynamics were at par with the tremendous light show on the stage and every percussion instrument was defined clearly. I was thrilled when I heard slight sounds of castanets and tambourines playing in my surround bipolar speakers that I've never heard before with my B&Ws. It certainly was an amazing experience!

I was moved by these speakers and that afternoon session was the best I have experienced my home theater - ever! I would've imagined of possibly finding this kind of speaker from other speaker brands........and certainly never expected it from a company that started with subwoofers. If the legendary subwoofer company continues its path in making speakers this great, I have no doubt they will completely corner the market. The M-series speakers truly hold its rank alongside their legendary subwoofers. My heartfelt congrats to SVS!

Lastly, I wanna thank our Philippine distributor MikeC for all the countless YMs, PMs, emails and phone calls to help me with the transition. I believed he treated me more as a friend than a customer. Kudos to MKC International for bringing in these gems to our side of the world!  ;)

« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2010 at 09:32 AM by macdon »

Offline obsi

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: Dec 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM »
Great review kagawad! Glad you are loving your top shelf SVS line!
"All Your BASS Are Belong To Us..."

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #386 on: Dec 26, 2010 at 03:52 PM »
bro macdon, great gramma na ba ang gamit mo sa ultra?
ninjababez online ..

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #387 on: Dec 26, 2010 at 03:58 PM »
Great review kagawad! Glad you are loving your top shelf SVS line!

Thank you sir obsi ;D

bro macdon, great gramma na ba ang gamit mo sa ultra?

Yes sir. May xtra pa nga ako gramma dito eh ;)

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #388 on: Dec 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM »
Thank you sir obsi ;D

Yes sir. May xtra pa nga ako gramma dito eh ;)

Kagawad, parang may pahiwatig yan ah... may hinihintay ba si granny na ultra??? ;D
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: Dec 27, 2010 at 05:56 AM »
Kagawad, parang may pahiwatig yan ah... may hinihintay ba si granny na ultra??? ;D

hahahahaha - wala na, xtra lang talaga from previous 12nsd. Hindi na kinuha ng buyer ng B&Ws eh :D :D