Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 334953 times)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1980 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 07:43 AM »
After re-watching Bran and Sam's scene, I'm more convinced Bran created every event and revelation in GOT.

My theories.

1. He influenced the Children of the Forest to create the Night King.
2. He made the Mad King mad.
3. Rhaegar kidnapped/raped Lyanna until Sam told him about the divorce and re-marriage. Bran went back in time to influence their marriage.
4. This is very improbable but Jon and Dany didn't really have sex. Jon received news of his parentage before the sex scene. The sex scene is what would've happened if Sam didn't tell Bran about the divorce.

In other words, the story unfolds as he sees fit.
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 at 07:49 AM by bumblebee »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 364
« Reply #1981 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 08:41 AM »
^ Nice. Like I said, with the way movies, TV series, books go - we've seen just about everything, cliches, twists, plots, etc ........ we can make up theories that's very plausible and most of the time right or very near what actually happens.

One thing is certain IMO, Bran would play much more prominently in the final season.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #1982 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 08:42 AM »
ilang taon na ang GOT... ang laki na rin kasi ni bran... parang un bata sa walking dead...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #1984 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 10:09 AM »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandoli/visual-clue-game-of-thrones-finale?bffbmain&bffbnews&utm_term=4ldqpho#4ldqpho

tingin nyo?

IMO, dalawa lang yan.

or

alam ng GoT producers/makers na sobrang anal manood na tao (can't believe merong nanonood ng frame by frame) that they put that there to yank people's chains.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #1985 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 10:12 AM »
IMO, dalawa lang yan.

alam ng GoT producers/makers na sobrang anal manood na tao (can't believe merong nanonood ng frame by frame) that they put that there to yank people's chains.

actually nakita ko yan pattern nung unang panood (and 2nd and 3rd) pero di ko na pinagaksayahan ng panahon..

leave it to the theorists..

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #1986 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 10:21 AM »
actually nakita ko yan pattern nung unang panood (and 2nd and 3rd) pero di ko na pinagaksayahan ng panahon..

leave it to the theorists..

not looking at the close up version ... if i force myself to see a pattern ... i can see a fish.

sushi is coming.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #1987 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 10:22 AM »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandoli/visual-clue-game-of-thrones-finale?bffbmain&bffbnews&utm_term=4ldqpho#4ldqpho

tingin nyo?

anything is possible, upon rewatching nga earlier seasons ng GoT andami scenes heralding future events

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #1988 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 10:41 AM »
Don't really get the theory about Bran being the Night King or being able to time-travel and influence future events (that Hodor incident happened by chance only).  AFAIK the 3-eyed raven's (Bran) power comes from having access to a huge memory cache of events witnessed by ancient weirwoods (those white trees with red leaves) over many centuries and his ability to warg into animals to control them and to see what they see. He is a bit like Eywa from the planet Pandora :).

He is not all knowing as he cannot see the future and can only access memories, not have them ready in his brain all the time (as seen in that scene with Sam).
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 at 10:55 AM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1989 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 10:58 AM »
^How was the Hodor incident by chance? Didn't he also called the young Ned and Ned looked back to see who's calling him?

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1990 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 11:20 AM »
At the Tower of Joy, Bran did seem to have a ghostly presence that young Ned detected but that's all.  Don't see how you could influence the future as a ghost.

The Hodor incident was different but it was a one off.  It happened by chance - it certainly wasn't Bran's intention to turn young Hodor into an imbecile for the rest of his life.
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 at 11:22 AM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1991 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 11:25 AM »
Both scene showed that he's not just able to see the past but can actually be part of it.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1992 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 11:28 AM »
Both scene showed that he's not just able to see the past but can actually be part of it.

Yeah but in a very minimal (as a ghost) way and in the Hodor incident, accidental only.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #1993 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 11:40 AM »
If they're going with the "Bran is the Night King" angle, they would've shown more Bran time-travelling and making events happen to set it up.

As the first Three-Eyed Raven has said about the past, "the ink is dry". Whatever happened, happened. If he time-travels, it would not change ANYTHING (it's the predestination/non-paradoxical type of time travel). That is what happened with Hodor. I think Bran might do something again a la the Hodor scene but it won't involve turning into the Night King. Here's a cool theory that states that the stories about the Long Night and the First Hero never happened. They are stories that time-travelling Bran planted so people will have some idea about the upcoming War for the Dawn so they won't be completely blind-sided by the invasion of the White Walkers.

Here's an article explaining why Bran isn't the Night King. I think it makes sense. People are overthinking the Night King, I think.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1994 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 12:36 PM »
If the ink is dry, then why did the first Three Eye Raven warned him not to go to the Tower of Joy?

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1995 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 01:17 PM »
If the ink is dry, then why did the first Three Eye Raven warned him not to go to the Tower of Joy?

I think he's afraid he might do something too rash. It wasn't time yet. We're over-thinking the time-travel aspect, I think.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1996 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 03:32 PM »
^Whether rash or not yet time, this goes to show the ink's not dry.

I'm not overthinking the time travel aspect. To me, it's clear as day. Like I said before, they made Bran practically God. I don't know how they'll end this but I hope they explain it convincingly enough.

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #1997 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 03:34 PM »
not looking at the close up version ... if i force myself to see a pattern ... i can see a fish.

sushi is coming.

ha ha.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1998 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 04:53 PM »
^Whether rash or not yet time, this goes to show the ink's not dry.

I'm not overthinking the time travel aspect. To me, it's clear as day. Like I said before, they made Bran practically God. I don't know how they'll end this but I hope they explain it convincingly enough.

I think Bran is more likely the anti-Night King. It's no coincidence that he named his direwolf Summer.  Bran's duty is to figure out how to defeat the Night King using all the knowledge of Westerosi history and the Children of the Forest. He will do that with the help of Sam. Bran is basically the internet but Sam's material from the Citadel has all the correct search words. 

Bran is the first main POV character we are introduced to in the novel and he's among the first of the main characters we see in the show...and he will also be the last. GRRM once considered writing the entire Song of Ice & Fire saga from the POV of Bran.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #1999 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 05:11 PM »
Sure, the ink is dry. But as we've seen with Hodor, events can also be predetermined.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2000 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 05:40 PM »
Sure, the ink is dry. But as we've seen with Hodor, events can also be predetermined.

Yes. If Bran does any time-travelling, it HAS to be something that he KNOWS has to happen this is why Hodor/Hold the door happened. This is also why I think he COULD be the Lord of Light. GRRM said that people resurrected through the Lord of Light like Jon Snow and Beric Dondarrion are types of wights. They're wights for the "light" side.  It could be Bran flying through space and time influencing things that should happen. It's why I think Bran is the anti-Night King. Night King brings death and destruction. Bran will bring back the summer....he's gonna do that through Jon, Dany and company.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #2001 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 06:08 PM »
Yes. If Bran does any time-travelling, it HAS to be something that he KNOWS has to happen this is why Hodor/Hold the door happened. This is also why I think he COULD be the Lord of Light. GRRM said that people resurrected through the Lord of Light like Jon Snow and Beric Dondarrion are types of wights. They're wights for the "light" side.  It could be Bran flying through space and time influencing things that should happen. It's why I think Bran is the anti-Night King. Night King brings death and destruction. Bran will bring back the summer....he's gonna do that through Jon, Dany and company.

No, what's happening are happening in real-time for Bran.  He doesn't have to know that something has to happen for him to actually do something.  Time is not linear in GoT.
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 at 06:09 PM by SiCkBoY »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2002 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 06:27 PM »
Bran is GRRM. GRRM started with rhaegar kidnapping lyanna. But since fans wanted r + l = j, he gave us that.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2003 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 07:30 PM »
GRRM planted the seeds of R+L=J in the books for so long. Since the series is taking forever to come out, more fans have been rereading the books constantly and extrapolated that conclusion quite early. Trivia: ASOIAF came out a year BEFORE Harry Potter. The 7-book Harry Potter saga has been finished for 10 years now. The last two books of ASOIAF has yet to come out.

Someone posited a SCARY theory about the Night King and Viserion. The Army of the Dead is moving fairly slowly.......BUT the Night King can move ahead if he wanted to so he could easily fly to Kings Landing or anywhere and simply RAISE THE DEAD (because not everyone has gotten the memo that they should burn the dead). So Westeros is SCREWED.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2004 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 07:49 PM »
I haven't read the books but I don't think bran have been to the tower of joy yet. So those seeds are simply what fans want to believe.

Since the books and the series have taken different paths, let's focus on the series.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #2005 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 08:45 PM »
after watching Game of Thrones, I now feel that the Lord of the Rings Trilogy feels like kid stuff :)
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2006 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 08:50 PM »
If you're referring to incest, rape and murder, yes lotr is kid's stuff. Storywise though, lotr has a lot more depth.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2007 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 09:22 PM »
I haven't read the books but I don't think bran have been to the tower of joy yet. So those seeds are simply what fans want to believe.

Since the books and the series have taken different paths, let's focus on the series.

Before GRRM allowed D&D to adapt his books for HBO, he asked them one question: Who is Jon Snow's mother? Apparently, they answered it correctly so he let them adapt the books. And I have read the books. And yes, a lot of the clues were actually there.

Yes, the series and the books have taken different paths. A lot of characters and story lines from the books have been altered, condensed or even dropped altogether (Young Griff and Lady Stoneheart, anyone?) GRRM gave them an outline for what he planned to do for the next two books and they will try to honor those plans with the path set by the TV show. A lot of the Big Events and the ending will be similar but the context and characters involved might be different. For instance, there will be a Hold the Door scene in the books but GRRM says his version will be different.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2008 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 09:39 PM »
When bran went into the tower of joy, he heard lyanna mention jon's name. When he went back during the scene with sam, the name became aegon targaryen. Bran's whim be done.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2143
« Reply #2009 on: Aug 31, 2017 at 11:02 PM »
+ 100.
Walang sinabi yung lotr trilogy sa octology nito :-).

after watching Game of Thrones, I now feel that the Lord of the Rings Trilogy feels like kid stuff :)
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd