Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 332675 times)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1440 on: Jun 30, 2016 at 02:49 PM »
^ Yep, isn't it in the earlier seasons, the Lannisters tried killing all of Robert's bastards?

Yes, because Joffrey feared people might believe rumors about his parentage. Had Joffrey been Robert's, Jon would not have been a threat at all. And if Jon had been Robert's, I don't think he'll marry Cersei.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #1441 on: Jun 30, 2016 at 02:52 PM »
^ Yep, isn't it in the earlier seasons, the Lannisters tried killing all of Robert's bastards?

Sino ang sinasabi ng mother ni john snow ng sinabi niya na "he will definitely kill john" ? I believe is not the Lannisters.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #1442 on: Jun 30, 2016 at 03:07 PM »
Sino ang sinasabi ng mother ni john snow ng sinabi niya na "he will definitely kill john" ? I believe is not the Lannisters.

I believe it's Robert, Robert hates the Targaryen, and if Robert knows na Targeryen ang ama ni Jon, then for sure Robert will kill the Baby Jon..
Walang Setup

Offline bartender

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Neknek mo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 117
« Reply #1443 on: Jun 30, 2016 at 04:05 PM »
At dahil hindi natin alam ang binulong ni Lyanna kay Ned, hindi pa din natin alam ang lahat. 

Howland Reed saved the neck of Ned Stark and was with him in going to the tower.  Does that mean that Howland also knows the secret of Jon Snow?  Does he know more?  Does he know that Lyanna was in the Tower of Joy?  Alangan naman anak ni Ned yung bata (Jon) kay Lyanna?
Pwede naman magtagalog.  Let's make PDVD a better place.  https://www.englishgrammar101.com

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #1444 on: Jun 30, 2016 at 07:49 PM »
Yes, Howland Reed knows.

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #1445 on: Jun 30, 2016 at 11:28 PM »
At dahil hindi natin alam ang binulong ni Lyanna kay Ned, hindi pa din natin alam ang lahat. 

Howland Reed saved the neck of Ned Stark and was with him in going to the tower.  Does that mean that Howland also knows the secret of Jon Snow?  Does he know more?  Does he know that Lyanna was in the Tower of Joy?  Alangan naman anak ni Ned yung bata (Jon) kay Lyanna?
dito

dito din ako naguguluhan eh sa bulong nung kapatid ni Ned, kung babalikan mo yung issue ng lahi bakit black hair si Jon Snow kung Targaryen sya.. Haays! sya panoorin nalang natin. :)

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1446 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 01:07 AM »
dito dito din ako naguguluhan eh sa bulong nung kapatid ni Ned, kung babalikan mo yung issue ng lahi bakit black hair si Jon Snow kung Targaryen sya.. Haays! sya panoorin nalang natin. :)

baka mas malakas ang genes ng mga stark kaya nagging black hair si jon snow :)

Offline dibidi

• DVD Addict
  • I lab my dibidis
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1447 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 08:26 AM »
guys, ang hindi naman confirm if it was Rhaegar Targayen's (Khaleesi's Big Bro) son, pero it was it was already implied that she was kidnapped and raped. We'll have just to wait kung ano talaga yung binulong ni Lyanna sa kapatid niya.

Pero ang gusto ko talaga eh maging healthy si George RR Martin. Para matapos niya ang mga libro. Parang si Stephen King lang na natapos ang The Dark Tower in 22 years.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1448 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 08:28 AM »
Confirmed na, based dun sa graph na nilabas ng HBO.

I don't think Lyanna was abducted nor raped. She's a skilled warrior ;)

Offline dibidi

• DVD Addict
  • I lab my dibidis
  • Liked:
« Reply #1449 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 08:36 AM »
Confirmed na, based dun sa graph na nilabas ng HBO.

I don't think Lyanna was abducted nor raped. She's a skilled warrior ;)

I meant sa series. I saw the graph already.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1450 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 08:39 AM »
guys, ang hindi naman confirm if it was Rhaegar Targayen's (Khaleesi's Big Bro) son, pero it was it was already implied that she was kidnapped and raped. We'll have just to wait kung ano talaga yung binulong ni Lyanna sa kapatid niya.

I don't think Lyanna was kidnapped and raped by Rhaegar. That's what Robert Baratheon believes. But rather they eloped. Yes, Rhaegar was already married to Elia Martell at the time BUT Targaryens are also known to practice polygamy. True love ni Rhaegar si Lyanna.

And based on all accounts, Rhaegar is actually a good guy. Everyone says so EXCEPT Robert Baratheon who spread the rumor that he kidnapped and raped Lyanna.

That's what I love about Game of Thrones and the Song of Ice and Fire saga in general: Practically everyone is a shade of grey and it's not as simple as "good" vs. "evil" and us against them.

Offline dibidi

• DVD Addict
  • I lab my dibidis
  • Liked:
« Reply #1451 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 03:01 PM »
I don't think Lyanna was kidnapped and raped by Rhaegar. That's what Robert Baratheon believes. But rather they eloped. Yes, Rhaegar was already married to Elia Martell at the time BUT Targaryens are also known to practice polygamy. True love ni Rhaegar si Lyanna.

And based on all accounts, Rhaegar is actually a good guy. Everyone says so EXCEPT Robert Baratheon who spread the rumor that he kidnapped and raped Lyanna.

That's what I love about Game of Thrones and the Song of Ice and Fire saga in general: Practically everyone is a shade of grey and it's not as simple as "good" vs. "evil" and us against them.

+1 mate.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #1452 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 03:32 PM »

Yes. That's part of the R+L=J theory.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2119
« Reply #1453 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 04:19 PM »

This is the most believable theories out there. And the wrter also said that the fans have already guessed right. But who know... baka ma bwiset sya sa mga fans at baguhin nya lahat sa ending surprising us all!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline bartender

• Collector
  • Neknek mo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 117
« Reply #1454 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 05:03 PM »
In Season 1 Episode 1, King Robert Baratheon visited Winterfell, he touched four members of the Stark family:  Ned, Catelyn, Rickon and Robb -- all of those four are all dead.
Pwede naman magtagalog.  Let's make PDVD a better place.  https://www.englishgrammar101.com

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1455 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 09:08 PM »
This is the most believable theories out there. And the wrter also said that the fans have already guessed right. But who know... baka ma bwiset sya sa mga fans at baguhin nya lahat sa ending surprising us all!

GRRM said he won't do that kahit na may nag-guess. He has seen that a few people have guessed the ending because of subtle clues he left in his writing. Sa pagkahabahaba ng panahon sa pagsusulat niya, may mga fans na basa ng basa, eh di nahuli na nila ang mga clues!

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #1456 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 09:14 PM »
This is the most believable theories out there. And the wrter also said that the fans have already guessed right.

Likely true.  A bit on Rhaegar from book references:  He was a singer and a voracious reader as a youth until he read a prophecy that changed him. The prophecy was about "the prince that was promised" and at first Rhaegar believed he was it, approaching the Targaryen master at arms for training, saying "it seems I am to be a warrior".

And then from Dany's vision at the House of the Undying, it seems Rhaegar changed his mind about who the prince is: A scene with Rhaegar, Elia, and their newborn son Aegon. Elia asked him to compose a song for Aegon and Rhaegar says something like "he has one already, his is the song of ice and fire".

From the above, we can infer that Rhaegar now believed that the "prince that was promised" is his son Aegon and that based on his understanding of the prophesy, the product of a union between ice and fire.  Now I don't quite get how a Martell and Targaryen union could represent ice and fire but it seems that later on Rhaegar realized that ice and fire was rightly represented by Stark and Targaryen. This may have influenced him to woo Lyanna at the Harrenhal tilt where famously, he broke tradition and gave the winner's flowers to Lyanna instead of Elia. 

Remember Peter Baelish question to Sansa in the Winterfell crypt? "How many tens of thousands had to die because Rhaegar chose your aunt?. 
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2016 at 09:20 PM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1457 on: Jul 01, 2016 at 11:04 PM »
In Season 1 Episode 1, King Robert Baratheon visited Winterfell, he touched four members of the Stark family:  Ned, Catelyn, Rickon and Robb -- all of those four are all dead.

Also take note of what he says to the rest:

Sansa: "You're a pretty one!"
Arya: "And you are...?"
Bran: "Show us your muscles. You'll be a soldier!"

Foreshadowing much? ;)

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1458 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 02:13 AM »
What doesn't make sense to me is why they had to kill Jon Snow then just revive him back? Any theories? Or was that a brain fart from GRMM?
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2016 at 02:13 AM by sientobente »

Offline redram

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1459 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 05:49 AM »
So he can leave the nightnwatch honorably, remember he made an oath and his death enabled him release from his vow.

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1460 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 06:36 AM »
So he can leave the nightnwatch honorably, remember he made an oath and his death enabled him release from his vow.

Exactamento

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1461 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 09:40 AM »
pwede. :D

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589
« Reply #1462 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 11:35 AM »
continuing the re-run ... just finished the Red Wedding ... really recommended to watch it all over again if you did not read the book, a lot of things makes more sense now
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1463 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 01:16 PM »
continuing the re-run ... just finished the Red Wedding ... really recommended to watch it all over again if you did not read the book, a lot of things makes more sense now
he he..same here, hinahanap ko na nga yung bastard ni Robert si Gendry. :)

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1464 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 02:15 PM »
Makes sense. I thought, so that Jon can be reborn a new man, and when the time he gets it on with Dany, it won't be incest anymore lol.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #1465 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 05:17 PM »
he he..same here, hinahanap ko na nga yung bastard ni Robert si Gendry. :)
Nagsasagwan pa rin si Gendry. Pabagalan sila ni Podrick.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 410
« Reply #1466 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 06:09 PM »
Oo nga naman!  ;)

Online qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #1467 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 09:16 PM »
so pwede mag katuluyan si Sansa and Jon Snow :)

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1468 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 09:30 PM »
magiging wizard ba si Sam? para kasing sa dami ng binabasa nya at babasahin sa library mukhang magiging wizard ito. :)

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1469 on: Jul 02, 2016 at 10:32 PM »
No, Sam is studying to be a Maester. Combination doctor at teacher/scholar ng mga Houses at Kingdoms sa Westeros.