Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 332640 times)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1890 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 07:47 AM »
Poor Viserion. Killed by a popsicle. I hope GRRM finish his books. That way we get to know what he really wants.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #1891 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 09:45 AM »
Poor Viserion. Killed by a popsicle. I hope GRRM finish his books. That way we get to know what he really wants.

Yeah, I, too, am curious how faithful the show is now to the final two books. GRRM already shared what he plans to do in the next two books with the show-runners so they know the Big Events (Jon Snow's resurrection, "Hold the door", etc.) and the ending. It's how they get to the ending that will likely be different. GRRM no longer writes scripts for the show but he still has creative input as a producer.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1892 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 09:55 AM »
This series is like the reverse of How I Met your Mother. GOT started as GOT and will end as something else while HIMYM started as something else and ended as HIMYM. They really should have considered changing the title after season 1.

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #1893 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 10:06 AM »
how do you kill wights ba? kasi may ibang scenes na isang taga lang nila eh patay na, pero sa iba eh kahit maputulan na ng limbs eh buhay pa din.  gaya ba ng zombies na dapat sa ulo/utak ang tirada?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1894 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 10:12 AM »
In the books (which I haven't read), dragonglass for WW, fire for wights.

Offline jjjeronimo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1203
« Reply #1895 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 10:50 AM »
Did anyone catch this detail?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed_5-tgkH80&feature=youtu.be

Not sure if this is legit or intentional or whatever the hell this means... :)

Offline Tha_Mann

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1896 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:11 AM »
In the books (which I haven't read), dragonglass for WW, fire for wights.
hmmm, made of dragonglass ba yung sword ni Jon Snow? ano ba difference nun sa Valyrian steel? kasi yung isang napatay nya eh nadurog then yung mga wights na binuhay nun eh biglang namatay din. also, hindi naman sila lahat may fire yung sword, paano napatay nung GOT suicide squad yung mga wights na lumulusob sa kanila. hehe medyo naguluhan lang ako.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1897 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:17 AM »
Valyrian steel yung sword ni Jon. Apparently, it can kill WW. I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn makes a comeback and kill WW as well. Yung mga namatay na wights, supposedly created nung WW na napatay ni Jon, kaya sila namatay. Yung natirang buhay, ibang WW ang gumawa sa kanya, kaya hindi sya namatay. Convenient no? ;D

Offline Tha_Mann

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1898 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:23 AM »
pero kung si Night King ang mapatay niya, lahat kaya ng WW na binuhay ni NK and yung binuhay ng WW eh mamatay lahat? hehe.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 410
« Reply #1899 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:35 AM »
Did anyone catch this detail?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed_5-tgkH80&feature=youtu.be

Not sure if this is legit or intentional or whatever the hell this means... :)

Mukhang legit, pinanood ko ulit. Ano kaya ibig sabihin nun?   ???

Edit: Baka naman talsik nga lang ng tubig or reflection ng kamay ni Jon Snow? ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:39 AM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #1900 on: Aug 22, 2017 at 08:55 PM »
Mukhang legit, pinanood ko ulit. Ano kaya ibig sabihin nun?   ???

Edit: Baka naman talsik nga lang ng tubig or reflection ng kamay ni Jon Snow? ;D

reflection lang.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1901 on: Aug 23, 2017 at 03:21 PM »
I decided to peruse some of the so-called Season 8 script leaks. It's sensible enough that I think it's possible but there are quite a number of things that feels too fan service-y and very fan-theory that it could easily be bullcrap like BUT....the last scene of the last episode: Bran being resurrected and then crowned as the new Night King. It sounds outrageous but the more I think about it.....the more it makes sense. This entire saga is Bran's story all along in his journey to become the new Night King. It makes so much sense that even if everything else is B.S., I wouldn't be surprised if THIS was the ending GRRM had in mind. All the hints were there: The books and the show open with White Walkers. The first POV chapter in the books is Bran. The Night King have similarities and connections with Bran and similar powers. Why do the Children of the Forest protect Bran? Because he's like the answer to their fatal mistake with the first Night King
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017 at 03:26 PM by Klaus Weasley »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1902 on: Aug 23, 2017 at 03:25 PM »
So, how does the Azor Ahai fit in there?

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1903 on: Aug 23, 2017 at 03:32 PM »
So, how does the Azor Ahai fit in there?

I'm not sure but I'm guessing Azor Ahai is needed to defeat the current Night King.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1904 on: Aug 23, 2017 at 03:36 PM »
Fan fiction nga ;D One of the lousy ones.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #1905 on: Aug 23, 2017 at 04:25 PM »
Anyone else noticed how different the NIght King looks compared to earlier seasons ........... the face is more human-like, kinda looks like Bran actually.  ;)

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #1906 on: Aug 23, 2017 at 04:29 PM »
The great thing with GOT is the story:  As fantasies go, it is rich and compelling and because it's unfinished, fans themselves are coming up with "theories" and endings, some of which really make a lot of sense.  Can't think of a precedent where fans worldwide are obsessing over how every detail of the story would proceed.  Impressive accomplishment Mr. GRRM.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1907 on: Aug 23, 2017 at 04:51 PM »
Fan fiction nga ;D One of the lousy ones.

We'll see, we'll see. A lot of people who read it didn't like it either. (I personally didn't like how they killed off certain characters in the finale if this is authentic.). I think we'll find out for sure if it's real IF: Yara lives or dies in the finale next week. In the script leaks, Yara survives and yet I read an S7 finale spoiler that seems to imply Yara is revealed to have been killed by Euron. So if Yara dies next week, we'll know for sure that it's fake.

Can't think of a precedent where fans worldwide are obsessing over how every detail of the story would proceed.  Impressive accomplishment Mr. GRRM.

Lost.

Anyone else noticed how different the NIght King looks compared to earlier seasons ........... the face is more human-like, kinda looks like Bran actually.  ;)

Yeah, they cast an actor with a similar facial structure to Isaac Hempstead-Wright. That can't be pure coincidence. That's probably why there's a lot of "Bran is the Night King" theories going around. But for me, this doesn't make sense and is a bit too sci-fi. I think "Bran is the next Night King" theory holds some water.
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017 at 04:54 PM by Klaus Weasley »

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 410
« Reply #1908 on: Aug 23, 2017 at 05:10 PM »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #1909 on: Aug 24, 2017 at 07:02 AM »
Fan theories that Bran is the Night King, is not surprising anymore.

In this digital age and the fact that Hollywood has long been running out of ideas - nowadays, fans/viewers are very intelligent, they've seen it all ....... all the cliches, all the twists, all the endings, etc.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1910 on: Aug 24, 2017 at 02:58 PM »

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1911 on: Aug 24, 2017 at 09:32 PM »
nabuntis pa si dany kay jon snow.. lumabas si lyanna targeryen. hahaha. namatay sa panganganak si dany. si jon naman namatay sa pagsabog ng wildfire nung pagbuga ng apoy ni drogon..

bro klaus meron bang ganyan sa nabasa mo?

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1912 on: Aug 24, 2017 at 10:34 PM »
nabuntis pa si dany kay jon snow.. lumabas si lyanna targeryen. hahaha. namatay sa panganganak si dany. si jon naman namatay sa pagsabog ng wildfire nung pagbuga ng apoy ni drogon..

bro klaus meron bang ganyan sa nabasa mo?

Yes. That is what the post above is referring to. Click on it. IF that is really what will happen, I will find it very disappointing. Si EURON ang endgame villain and not Cersei or The Night King? Imposible naman yun. As a writer myself, that's not how we do things. Cersei and the Night King have been building up through multiple seasons. Sila dapat ang Big Baddie. I think Euron will die in Episode 1 in the hands of Theon of next season as part of his redemption arc. Yun lang. Mamatay si Jon Snow sa wildfire explosion? Napakadisappointing kung ganun. There's a thin line between surprising your audience with something unexpected and just plain bad writing. Euron killing multiple major characters in a wildfire explosion as part of the finale is one of them. Game of Thrones DOES surprise us with shocking deaths but if you look at it upon hindsight, lahat ng mga deaths....may kabuluhan, may rason, at feeling mo complete ang story nila in the larger context. That's the key to good writing and why Game of Thrones and George R.R. Martin succeed. 

Mas maniniwala ako sa leaks kapag nagsimula na sila ng shooting. Baka may paparazzi photos or publicity photos or news that this actor is spotted in this location, etc. October pa ang simula ng shooting. Wala pang tinatanggap ng script yun mga actors.

Here's another site with so-called Season 8 spoilers.
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2017 at 11:09 PM by Klaus Weasley »

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1913 on: Aug 24, 2017 at 11:12 PM »
Yes. That is what the post above is referring to. Click on it. IF that is really what will happen, I will find it very disappointing. Si EURON ang endgame villain and not Cersei or The Night King? Imposible naman yun. As a writer myself, that's not how we do things. Cersei and the Night King have been building up through multiple seasons. Sila dapat ang Big Baddie. I think Euron will die in Episode 1 in the hands of Theon of next season as part of his redemption arc. Yun lang. Mamatay si Jon Snow sa wildfire explosion? Napakadisappointing kung ganun. There's a thin line between surprising your audience with something unexpected and just plain bad writing. Euron killing multiple major characters in a wildfire explosion as part of the finale is one of them. Game of Thrones DOES surprise us with shocking deaths but if you look at it upon hindsight, lahat ng mga deaths....may kabuluhan, may rason, at feeling mo complete ang story nila in the larger context. That's the key to good writing and why Game of Thrones and George R.R. Martin succeed. 

Mas maniniwala ako sa leaks kapag nagsimula na sila ng shooting. Baka may paparazzi photos or publicity photos or news that this actor is spotted in this location, etc. October pa ang simula ng shooting. Wala pang tinatanggap ng script yun mga actors.

Here's another site with so-called Season 8 spoilers.

yung misis ko nga galit na galit kahit nagbabasa lang. hahaha

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1914 on: Aug 25, 2017 at 04:23 AM »
dito pala galing ang chain na ginamit nila

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1915 on: Aug 25, 2017 at 11:48 AM »
The actor portraying Euron - I find him irritating.  Hope they kill him off soon.

Euron the final baddie?  That will be disappointing if true but I doubt it for the reasons KW stated.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #1916 on: Aug 25, 2017 at 12:48 PM »
^^ It seems the actor is doing a great job for his role then... He kinda remind me of Sabretooth from the X-Men

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1917 on: Aug 25, 2017 at 02:44 PM »
Didn't mean it that way.  This actor just doesn't reek evil incarnate the way Joffrey and Ramsey did.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1918 on: Aug 25, 2017 at 06:53 PM »

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked: