Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 332686 times)

Offline vonTrappRap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #2340 on: May 08, 2019 at 10:48 AM »
Interesting... "The Last of the Starks" now has a 6.8 rating on IMDB and a rotten 57% on rottentomatoes.

The episode was bad, but I'm not sure if it was worst-episode-of-the-series level of bad.

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1203
« Reply #2341 on: May 08, 2019 at 11:13 AM »
^Meanwhile the producers, cast and crew are laughing their way to the bank, and those who think the episode was bad will continue watching the show until the very end.  :)

Offline vonTrappRap

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2342 on: May 08, 2019 at 11:19 AM »
I'm sure those that feel that money is the only meaningful thing in the world will have the same opinion :)

Offline jjjeronimo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2343 on: May 08, 2019 at 11:35 AM »
And then there are those who just enjoy what they get without resorting to nitpicking...:)

Offline vonTrappRap

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2344 on: May 08, 2019 at 11:45 AM »
That's cool.

If people want to enjoy something and be open to the liberties that the showrunners take and ignore lapses in logic and consistency for the sake of moving the plot, then they have the right to that since it's their enjoyment anyway. They shouldn't let anyone tell them otherwise.

At the same time, there are people who are invested in things like character development and the internal logic of a world that's been crafted for the past 8 years on TV and the past 23 years on printed media. So similarly, those people also have a right to criticize the misgivings of a show if it's not being consistent or doesn't make sense based on the details of a story they've carefully followed for many years.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019 at 12:06 PM by vonTrappRap »

Offline fentom

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2345 on: May 08, 2019 at 11:47 AM »
Dapat kasi ginawa nilang 9 seasons at least. Medyo rushed kasi kaya bumababa talaga quality ng episodes

Offline vonTrappRap

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2346 on: May 08, 2019 at 11:50 AM »
Dapat kasi ginawa nilang 9 seasons at least. Medyo rushed kasi kaya bumababa talaga quality ng episodes

Minadali nalang nila siguro nung nakuha nila yung Star Wars gig kaya wala na silang pake :P

Offline jjjeronimo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2347 on: May 08, 2019 at 11:59 AM »
Even George RR Martin has said that they needed about 13 seasons just to match his story.  I believe the production was also getting too expensive for TV kaya they had to compress.  Let's just hope George lives long enough to finish the books and fill in the gaps in the show.  George and the showrunners have promised that the end would essentially be the same so let's see how it goes.

Sure there are  loopholes here and there, but I try not to get too affected by it.  :)

Offline vonTrappRap

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2348 on: May 08, 2019 at 12:45 PM »
lol, on the bright side at least this season is delivering some spicy memes so far  ;D

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #2349 on: May 08, 2019 at 02:21 PM »
Even George RR Martin has said that they needed about 13 seasons just to match his story.

Yes, that's true. If they followed the books more closely, there's enough for at least 10 seasons if not more. But it will mean more existing story lines will be benched for more seasons in favor of story lines featuring Ariane Martell and Sir Jon Connington.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #2350 on: May 08, 2019 at 05:55 PM »

Offline Koolkat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 152
« Reply #2351 on: May 08, 2019 at 05:57 PM »
We already had the Battle of the Bastards. Next week we'll have The Battle of the Sarah Connors.
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #2352 on: May 08, 2019 at 07:36 PM »
No issues with me if the TV series is lacking in seasons or episodes ......... if it ends, it ends. On to the prequel/;spinoff.

I'd rather have this than say, TWD where AMC milked it to death. TWD was just stretched for far too long - kahit ang lead actor sumuko na.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #2353 on: May 08, 2019 at 09:51 PM »
Parang Battlestar Galactica, medyo nawalan ng steam sa final season. But I still liked it. I guess it's the same here. They've already shot the final two episodes so, just enjoy it for what it is. We had 5 (or 7) great seasons that will never go away.

Offline vonTrappRap

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2354 on: May 08, 2019 at 11:26 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #2355 on: May 09, 2019 at 04:56 AM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7006061/Game-Thrones-fans-convinced-Daenerys-dragon-Drogon-secretly-BABIES.html

un tipong olats na cla dany biglang apir
kung sa sinehan magpalakpakan mga tao
abangan

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2356 on: May 09, 2019 at 06:33 AM »
^ That would be a nice twist in the story, very epic kung magkatotoo.

A few more days til episode 5 ........... methinks the Golden Company will play a huge and surprising role in the next episode - huge, since so far, they've gotten very little screen time and surprising, since I'll think that they'll present a twist in the story somehow.

The Golden Company are from the East, Essos and the Targaryen's share similar roots ........... also, Daario Naharis & the Second Sons is still in Meereen. The Second Sons share similar roots with the Golden Company - both sellswords and both from the east.

One last thing, the heroic Jorah Mormont was once a member of the Golden Company. Baka magkaroon nang betrayal & the GC turning against Cersei.

Offline jjjeronimo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2357 on: May 09, 2019 at 09:04 AM »
The Second Sons making a last minute appearance (when all hope seems lost) would be so Battle of the Bastards 2.0, though I wouldn't be surprised if it happens that way.

I just hope they actually win using their wits for a change.  :P

Offline vonTrappRap

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2358 on: May 09, 2019 at 09:42 AM »
Some pics from Episode 5 were published on Entertainment Weekly around 7 hours ago:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/08/game-of-thrones-photos-season-8-episode-5/

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2359 on: May 11, 2019 at 10:06 AM »
This show has turned into s***t. Crappy writing all season long.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2360 on: May 11, 2019 at 12:12 PM »

Good news, there will be 2 more episodes left that you don't have to watch.   ;D

Offline vonTrappRap

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2361 on: May 11, 2019 at 09:00 PM »
Ready na ako para sa Episode 5, nakapagpa-HBO GO na ako sa Sky :P Boto ng maaga, GoT ng alas-nwebe \o/

P.S. - Isapuso po natin ang sinabi ni Lord Varys sa lunes... "Incompetence should not be rewarded with blind loyalty." :D

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2362 on: May 11, 2019 at 09:32 PM »

pero hype na hype pa din manuod lols

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #2363 on: May 11, 2019 at 10:59 PM »

There's been an uptick of writing experts popping up online recently.

As someone who's actually a writer (I've got experience and official credentials), I think the only problem this season has is that it's a bit rushed. I think the show-runners should have done 10 episodes each for Seasons 7 and 8 to give the storylines and character development a chance to breathe and build. I have actually very little problems with the story itself. It's fine.

Offline vonTrappRap

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2364 on: May 11, 2019 at 11:43 PM »
There's been an uptick of writing experts popping up online recently.

As someone who's actually a writer (I've got experience and official credentials), I think the only problem this season has is that it's a bit rushed. I think the show-runners should have done 10 episodes each for Seasons 7 and 8 to give the storylines and character development a chance to breathe and build. I have actually very little problems with the story itself. It's fine.
The only problem? No. The root of all the problems? Yes.

The heart and soul of a well-structured story is cause and effect. Something happens which causes something else to happen. Something else happens because of what happened earlier. Coincidence, luck, and randomness should be rare, and generally reserved for complicating an already established conflict or scenario. Sometimes, a single cause causes multiple effects (such as Ned's death propelling each of the other Starks into their respective storylines); and at its best, a story is typically able to juggle the interactions of multiple causes and multiple effects, which GoT has done admirably in its earlier seasons.

The problem with this season of GoT is that the show as been given so little time to breathe - as you have pointed out - that not only is the pacing of the story and the passage of time out of whack, but also the basic cause-and-effect dynamics of most of the previous seasons has been thrown out the window. In its place are deux ex machina moments that are instead meant to shock and awe and feel epic and exciting at face value, but upon closer inspection follow no rhyme or reason. The show openly contradicts its own internal logic and setups, first from an episode-to-episode basis, now on a scene-to-scene basis. We've gone from tightly-paced political intrigue to something that occasionally doesn't even function on a basic cause-effect level.

I have very few problems with the broad strokes in the story. I have very few complaints about what actually happens. But the devil is in the details. When you go past the broad strokes and examine how and why those things happen, then there's where the problems appear.

But hey... maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. I'm neither a writer nor do I have official credentials... so what do I know, right?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019 at 11:46 PM by vonTrappRap »

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #2365 on: May 12, 2019 at 05:37 AM »
My only problem is that Jon didn't even say goodbye to Ghost.

Offline vonTrappRap

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2366 on: May 12, 2019 at 10:38 AM »
Sa mga nanonood ng GoT via Sky Cable - saang channel siya pinapalabas ng 9am?

Offline jjjeronimo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2367 on: May 12, 2019 at 11:22 AM »
My only problem is that Jon didn't even say goodbye to Ghost.

Now we know... :P

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2119
« Reply #2368 on: May 12, 2019 at 12:32 PM »
Excited to watch tomorrow's 2nd to the last episode!

I will be watching the 3:30 am game 7 Portland vs Denver, then 7am game 7  76ers vs Raptors, then 9am episode 5 GOT 😂!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 304
« Reply #2369 on: May 12, 2019 at 12:43 PM »
Excited to watch tomorrow's 2nd to the last episode!

I will be watching the 3:30 am game 7 Portland vs Denver, then 7am game 7  76ers vs Raptors, then 9am episode 5 GOT 😂!

anong oras ka boboto sir?? hahaha