Author Topic: Inquiry about AUDIO format such as: .flac , .ape  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Ohnie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Inquiry about AUDIO format such as: .flac , .ape
« on: Jun 07, 2007 at 08:47 AM »
Hello Folks,
Anyboby here who can give details about my inquiry? I have audiphile music formats that has extension like .flac or .ape. is there any decoder for this. just give feedbacks? is it possible to burn this images directly on disk w/o having it converted to other common formats like .wav.

Ohnie

Offline yasmine_leigh

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Inquiry about AUDIO format such as: .flac , .ape
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2007 at 08:40 PM »
I have a files in .flac.  Im using foobar2000 to play them.  Try to download foobar2000 to play .flac

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2007 at 12:13 AM »

If you have Nero installed, you can install (and sometimes the installer for FLAC will install it for you) a plugin to burn FLAC files directly to audio disc without having to burn them. For Nero6, the plugin directory is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins". Others are in "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Shared\AudioPlugins". It's probably related to whatever version of Nero you're using, so if you try to drag and drop FLAC files into an audio disc and it doesn't work, you've probably got the plugin in the wrong folder. The plugin's filename is nxMyFLA.dll, so find it and copy it to the right folder.

The FLAC plugin, as well as some for other file formats is at http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/.

http://www.toritraders.com/guides/flac.htm
Mind you I don't use Nero myself.

Offline egzbuen

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2010 at 03:03 AM »
Interesting read here.

Do you guys have any suggested software that I can use to burn flac directly to cd-r and also directly to dvd-r to make both audio dvd and dvd-a, whichever I choose and want?

I have existing programs that converts my flac files to wav but I simply want to skip one process if possible.

Thanks

Offline jetro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2010 at 12:33 AM »
for burning flac to cd-r, burrrn (http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=6) works for me.  its a little old but it simply works :)

Offline egzbuen

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2010 at 11:03 AM »
for burning flac to cd-r, burrrn (http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=6) works for me.  its a little old but it simply works :)

Thanks, will check it out.

How about programs that can burn flacs directly into audio dvd and dvd-a?

Offline audio fan_boy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 06:00 PM »
Man,.good day!

I dont know yet the extension format which have been created by .flac or .ape??? Im thinking of.mp3, .wav, .amr, .daf, . wma, .smf, .aac, etc. like that.

Coz it depends on the software or any other audio-related format extension it have been created.
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2011 at 06:04 PM by audio fan_boy »

Offline audio fan_boy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 06:07 PM »
My additional info... I've found out that the file format created by .flac and .ac3 is the audio codec (Free Lossless Audio Codec File) and .ac3   Audio Codec 3 File format extension.