Author Topic: The Sorcerer's Apprentice R3 DVD is R1?  (Read 982 times)

Offline DVD_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Sorcerer's Apprentice R3 DVD is R1?
« on: Dec 24, 2010 at 03:31 PM »
Okay, so I bought Sorcerer's Apprentice last night and I know the DVD cover and the DVD disc clearly stated that its Region 3. My laptop's DVD drive is set on Region 1. And I didn't know why I put in that title on my laptop, but then instead of saying that I should change it, THE DISC PLAYED.

Anyone else who bought the movie on DVD? Had the same issue?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: The Sorcerer's Apprentice R3 DVD is R1?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 07:54 PM »
It's probably a multi region disc. Most Warner, all C-Interactive and many Magnavision releases are usually multi (if not ALL) region discs. Good to know Viva-Disney is also following suit.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline DVD_lover

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Sorcerer's Apprentice R3 DVD is R1?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM »
It's probably a multi region disc. Most Warner, all C-Interactive and many Magnavision releases are usually multi (if not ALL) region discs. Good to know Viva-Disney is also following suit.

Whoa. It turns out I have some DVDs that are multi-regions. I think most of my Viva DVDs are both for Region 3 and 5. Some are actually Region 1 as well (Hannah Montana the Movie, WALL-E Disc 2, Narnia: Prince Caspian Disc 2, Night at the Museum 2 Disc 2). My C Interactive titles (except for LOTR which I haven't checked) were Region 3 only.

Thanks for the reply & info!