Author Topic: What Movie Organizer Program do you use?  (Read 21698 times)

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What Movie Organizer Program do you use?
« Reply #30 on: Jun 09, 2010 at 03:37 PM »
With the DVD Profiler you can easily print out charts/graphs and also reports! :o

With report you can keep track your movie inventory & it has so many different report formats to choose from. As for the chart, it gives you statistic on your collection base on genre, studio, etc it's easy to see where your collection has the most number of movies. :)

mine can't generate a report based on region code...
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2010 at 03:38 PM by pjayg »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #31 on: Jun 09, 2010 at 05:06 PM »
mine can't generate a report based on region code...

Not exactly region code, under the charts & graphs, select "Country of Origin". There it will list out your entire movie collections, the quantity from respective country. Alternatively, try searching the "report templates" & see if any fit your requirement. otherwise, you may want to customize your own report.  

Another way, you can start a separate database: one for each different region. In this way you can print out your report base on the region you wanted.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2010 at 05:09 PM by pchin »

Offline pjayg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jun 10, 2010 at 11:41 AM »
Not exactly region code, under the charts & graphs, select "Country of Origin". There it will list out your entire movie collections, the quantity from respective country. Alternatively, try searching the "report templates" & see if any fit your requirement. otherwise, you may want to customize your own report.  

Another way, you can start a separate database: one for each different region. In this way you can print out your report base on the region you wanted.

This I can't do. I usually add new acquisitions as Region 1 'cos of the more complete info & better cover scan quality they have. If the title I got is R3, I just change the region in the 'disc info' tab from R1 to R3; therefore it is still recorded as US as its country of origin. That's why up until now, I have no idea how many titles for each region(1, 2 or 3)  I have (p.s. I have around 1,050+ titles).

I have no idea how to customize hehe
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM by pjayg »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jun 10, 2010 at 03:33 PM »
This I can't do. I usually add new acquisitions as Region 1 'cos of the more complete info & better cover scan quality they have. If the title I got is R3, I just change the region in the 'disc info' tab from R1 to R3; therefore it is still recorded as US as its country of origin. That's why up until now, I have no idea how many titles for each region(1, 2 or 3)  I have (p.s. I have around 1,050+ titles).

I have no idea how to customize hehe

Assuming you have 100 DVD R3. You open a new database for all your R3 collection. You can still add new acquisitions using R1 cos of the more complete info & better cover scan quality, etc...but you can change disc info tab from R1 to R3 (tho not necessary) as you can easily just rename your database to DVD Collection R3 in order to be distinct. So, if you wana print out report on your R3 then you will just open your R3 database. ;)

So assuming you have DVD from 3 different regions, then setup 3 separate databases to keep track of each region...in this way you'll know the exact number of DVD you have for each region.
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010 at 03:33 PM by pchin »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jun 10, 2010 at 03:43 PM »
Oh you have over 1,000 titles pala so forget about my earlier suggestion kc it's impractical to setup new database as it will consume lots of time (tho there is a short cut). :)

Here's another easier way. I presume you have already entered all the titles into your program i.e. your database has over 1,000 titles. I also presume each DVD title you have specified what region it belongs too i.e. under General Information tab > Basic Information > Regions.

Now, to know your total DVD for each specific region you need to go to "Filters" tab below the screen (middle of "Collection List" & "Set Tags"). Inside Filters tab > General > Region (specify which region you want).
Then go back to your "Collection List" page & it will display all the DVD region you have just specified. You will know exactly how many DVDs you have. Problem solved!  ;)

Offline pjayg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jun 10, 2010 at 06:32 PM »
Oh you have over 1,000 titles pala so forget about my earlier suggestion kc it's impractical to setup new database as it will consume lots of time (tho there is a short cut). :)

Yup, basically my dilemna. Too many to re-input.

Here's another easier way. I presume you have already entered all the titles into your program i.e. your database has over 1,000 titles. I also presume each DVD title you have specified what region it belongs too i.e. under General Information tab > Basic Information > Regions.

Yup, they are.

Now, to know your total DVD for each specific region you need to go to "Filters" tab below the screen (middle of "Collection List" & "Set Tags"). Inside Filters tab > General > Region (specify which region you want).
Then go back to your "Collection List" page & it will display all the DVD region you have just specified. You will know exactly how many DVDs you have. Problem solved!  ;)

Haha. Thanks! I think this will solve my concern. Will try it later! Thanks again man! Really appreciate it!

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jun 10, 2010 at 06:39 PM »
Haha. Thanks! I think this will solve my concern. Will try it later! Thanks again man! Really appreciate it!

No problem bro. ;)

Offline pjayg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jun 10, 2010 at 07:01 PM »
It worked! Thanks again man!

R0       3
R1    387
R2     29
R3    640

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jun 10, 2010 at 09:04 PM »
It worked! Thanks again man!

R0       3
R1    387
R2     29
R3    640

Glad to hear that bro. You can also print out graphs & reports for an impressive visual presentation. ;)

Offline Macmon

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #39 on: Aug 17, 2010 at 10:55 PM »
saw this link with comparison of different softwares
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-dvd-collection-software.htm
To Boldly go where no Bluray has gone before.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #40 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 11:20 PM »
cross-posting:

Just discovered an iPhone app for this.

It's called iCollectMovies (http://www.icollectmedia.com/). You get to back up the data in your iPhone to the web, just in case.

The great thing about it is that you just scan the bar code of the DVD and it will automatically fetch the data. Not 100% though, siguro 50-60% lang ang success rate. I noticed this to be so especially in C-Interactive and Viva DVDs. Dunno the technology for the bar codes, so I'm guessing it's not the same for every region. My theory is the support is mostly for US bar codes.

If the barcode thing doesn't work, you can search through the database.