DVD Forum > General DVD Discussion

Most Recently Viewed DVD (Part 12) AND... What did you think of it?

(1/543) > >>

Mr. Hankey:
Continuing the topic from Part 11, since I think we should start 1/1/11 with a new thread, to shake things up a bit.

Like I said before, it might be nice if you'd post a review or a few words about the DVD you just viewed. It would make the topic a bit more fun to read through. I mean, what's the fun of just posting a title? I'm sure many of us would like to know if you at least liked the DVD you just watched or not.

Dan:
I just finished our annual The Lord of The Rings The Fellowship of the Ring/Two Towers/The Return of the King extended editions marathon.

We've been doing this since a year after the last installment of the trilogy. That's because all the LOTR movies always came out during the Christmas Holiday season. It's hard to let go :'(

Frodo Lives!!!

aszamora:
DOA (Dead or Alive) - the babes (particularly Holly Vallance) + Corey Yeun style martial arts makes this silly movie OK to while the time away na rin

Hancock (Unrated) - just felt like watching it for the 2nd time on DVD

Freddy Vs. Jason - only seen this movie once in cinemas and I got the urge to watch it on DVD after watching the Elm Street 4-hour documentary, Never Sleep Again. The ending still leave me confused as to who really won but I still enjoyed this movie. Much, much better naman compared to the AVP series.

Mr. Hankey:

--- Quote from: aszamora on Jan 01, 2011 at 06:21 PM ---Freddy Vs. Jason - only seen this movie once in cinemas and I got the urge to watch it on DVD after watching the Elm Street 4-hour documentary, Never Sleep Again.
--- End quote ---

I love that documentary. Probably the best of the three that they've done for this genre, the other two being Halloween: 25 Years of Terror and His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th. Kind of bummed Johnny Depp didn't participate, though. He seems to be the type who'd be willing to take a look back and laugh at his humble beginnings. Probably a scheduling issue.

d4nu65+3R:
home alone 2: lost in new york

saw ads of this and the first one being shown on tv (was it jack?), and because it was christmas anyway, decided to give it a spin as it's been quite some time since we last watched it. loved it when i first saw it, not so much now because its nothing more than a rehash of the original with basically the same gags which are pretty violent for a movie whose supposedly main target audience were kids.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version