DVD Forum > General DVD Discussion

Most Recently Viewed DVD (Part 12) AND... What did you think of it?

<< < (2/543) > >>

warmaster:
Aross the Universe.

at my girlfriend's wishes i reluctantly played it. i thoroughly enjoyed it though. good show chaps!

aszamora:

--- Quote from: Mr. Hankey on Jan 01, 2011 at 07:43 PM ---I love that documentary. Probably the best of the three that they've done for this genre, the other two being Halloween: 25 Years of Terror and His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th. Kind of bummed Johnny Depp didn't participate, though. He seems to be the type who'd be willing to take a look back and laugh at his humble beginnings. Probably a scheduling issue.

--- End quote ---

Agree with you completely sir Hankey. I'm not really a documentary guy and I had 2nd thoughts buying Never Sleep Again but after watching this, Wow! I wouldn't mind watching it again. I have to admit that I'm a Freddy fan ( I have yet to start collecting Jason's movies) so that helped a lot too. I was also wishing Johhny and Patricia Arquette (she's the crush of most of the males in Dream Warriors pala) but still, a very engaging documentary. Didn't get bored.

back to topic:

Die Hard - just wanted to watch something set in the Yuletide season. Still enjoyed watching it ater repeated viewings. Remains my favorite in the series

juanch:
Oliver & Company - 1988 Disney Animated Movie that preceded The Little Mermaid.
It's been more than 10 years since I last viewed this movie on VHS.

PQ is good. a great leap over the VHS version but it looks rough compared to other Disney movies and there is a fair amount of grain present.

Very Charming and funny characters. Kids will definitely love it.  :)

nerveblocker:
Home Alone 3

-vowed to myself not to view it this holiday season coz I wanted to end my viewing with just Part 2 with Macaulay but then after returning Home Alone 2 on my rack the urge was unbearable seeing Part 3 sitting just beside. I realized that this is as enjoyable as the 1st 2 sans Macaulay.  Alex Linz as Alex starred in this installment.  He is cute and was a perfect replacement.  Just don't criticize and wonder how an 8 year old can booby trap his house and with some top international criminals fall on his pranks.  The presence of Scarlet Johannsen was a plus!

nerveblocker:
Unthinkable

-this movie will just make you cringe at the brutality of terrorist interrogator/torture expert H (Samuel Jackson).  Carrie Anne Moss as FBI agent Helen Brody looked old but still gave an exemplary performance. Michael Sheen is not familiar but delivered well. The suspense builds up as the story continues until it came to a point in choosing between being humane for the terrorist or sacrificing the lives of millions. This is one gripping movie that will keep you glued to the screen.  Love it and will definitely watch it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version