Author Topic: Selfie  (Read 808 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Selfie
« on: Aug 20, 2014 at 12:12 PM »

This upcoming 30-minute sitcom is a modern reimagining of My Fair Lady, in which social-media obsessed Eliza Dooley hires marketing self-image guru Henry Higgins to rebrand her public image.

Cast includes Karen Gillan, John Cho, Tim Peper, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, Allyn Rachel, David Harewood

network: ABC
premiere date: September 30, 2014

trailer: http://youtu.be/dQqozmwlE00

...stupid title, but the trailer made me laugh, LOL. also, it's hard to resist Karen Gillan and when you think about it, Nebula from Guardians of the Galaxy and Hikaru Sulu from Star Trek make a good combination, heh.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Selfie
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2014 at 01:52 PM »
Personally, despite being a fan of both Gillan and Cho, I watched the pilot last night and thought it was beyond redemption.

I struggled through the opening airplane scene, and by the time they went all Lady Gaga, had to stop already. Gillan came across like a bad version of The Bitch in Apt. 23.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2014 at 01:58 PM »
Personally, despite being a fan of both Gillan and Cho, I watched the pilot last night and thought it was beyond redemption.

I struggled through the opening airplane scene, and by the time they went all Lady Gaga, had to stop already. Gillan came across like a bad version of The Bitch in Apt. 23.

Thank you sir, for the public service announcement.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2014 at 06:06 AM »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...