Author Topic: 5.1 signal vial optical cable  (Read 950 times)

Offline ultimax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
5.1 signal vial optical cable
« on: Jan 05, 2011 at 09:50 PM »
Hi! Maybe someone could help me out. I recently bought a muti-media xtreamer sidewinder and would like to know if there is a way to make use of its optical output to produce 5.1 signal. My receiver is a classic onkyo 919 integra dolby pro logic with an onkyo ac-3 decoder and a millenium dts decoder. Right now my receiver is connected to the ac-3 decoder via DB25 serial cable and daisy chained to the millenium. I guess the onkyo's optical input is good only for stereo and to produce 5.1 signal I have to activate "decoder input" to utilize both decoders. I would like to know if the "optical input" of the millenium dts decoder could be utilized to produce 5.1 signal (xtreamer optical out to millenium optical in). The connections at the back of the millenium are RCA inputs and outputs for front LR speakers, rear LR speakers, center speaker, LFE speaker, digital coax in and out, and optical input. Right now I am on a tight budget to buy a new receiver so hopefully I could make use of what I already have. Thank you and Happy New Year!