Author Topic: DVD Player that can boost bass from your Receiver  (Read 1639 times)

Offline yer2010

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • Enjoy life and be happy!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DVD Player that can boost bass from your Receiver
« on: Jan 11, 2011 at 09:36 AM »
I've a question for you dvd wizards, is there a dvd player in the market today that can boost the bass performance of your A/V Receiver?

I raised this question, because my Pio a/v receiver doesn't have enough bass power when playing music either from my Pio DVD player or Samsung.  Google suggest an Equalizer, what 'bout you guys?

Many thanks!

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: DVD Player that can boost bass from your Receiver
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 02:23 PM »
how about FM or other sources? have you tried increasing the bass settings or the subwoofer level?
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline yer2010

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2011 at 05:46 AM »
Only last night I was able to change the settings of my front, center, surrounds to small speakers (although they're all large:  fronts are pair of 15" woofers; center pair of 8" woofers, two 6" mid and two 2" tweeters; surrounds are dual 6" woofers)!

The bass was routed to the sub and quite strong, but the problem now is the sounds emanating from the rest of the speakers ay di maganda - parang tunog lata.  Cguro, my a/v receiver is not really meant to have a sub!  Reviews from the net, says the EQ of Pio is preset for DVD viewing only and not for music.

Comment please!   :D

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2011 at 05:54 AM »
Only last night I was able to change the settings of my front, center, surrounds to small speakers (although they're all large:  fronts are pair of 15" woofers; center pair of 8" woofers, two 6" mid and two 2" tweeters; surrounds are dual 6" woofers)!

The bass was routed to the sub and quite strong, but the problem now is the sounds emanating from the rest of the speakers ay di maganda - parang tunog lata.  Cguro, my a/v receiver is not really meant to have a sub!  Reviews from the net, says the EQ of Pio is preset for DVD viewing only and not for music.

Comment please!   :D

From the size of your speakers, it could be that the subwoofer you are using is overwhelmed. 15" woofers for your front speakers? Why would you still need a sub? Baka nagkamali ka ng sukat sir. Siguro mas maganda kung malist mo lahat ng size ng driver including your sub. Better yet, pic ng set-up para mga masters natin can provide their inputs. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011 at 05:56 AM by gunslinger »
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 04:52 PM »
check the polarity of your speakers. if they are DIY speakers better check the polarity of each woofer. dati nag-assemble ako ng pair of towers with dual local brand woofers, parang kalat ang bass. turned out 1 out of four woofers mali ang polarity marking.

Cguro, my a/v receiver is not really meant to have a sub!
wala yatang ganun

the EQ of Pio is preset for DVD viewing only and not for music
dont think so. should work for all sources.

maganda nga post your equipment and settings
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline larokulit

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 09:19 PM »
Sa laki ng front speakers mo sir malamang malaki rin ang powered sub mo. Siguro konting laro din sa crossover frequency ng AVR baka mahanap mo dun yung gusto mong timpla.
DIY fan...

Offline yer2010

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 07:30 AM »
From the size of your speakers, it could be that the subwoofer you are using is overwhelmed. 15" woofers for your front speakers? Why would you still need a sub? Baka nagkamali ka ng sukat sir. Siguro mas maganda kung malist mo lahat ng size ng driver including your sub. Better yet, pic ng set-up para mga masters natin can provide their inputs. :)

Yes, in the beginning without the sub, all plays very well and to my kind of music (loud, he heh) for music and DVDs.  Then I decided to add a sub to see how it plays!  1st I bought a 2nd hand Daiichi active sub at dineliver pa sa office ko sa UN Ave., without testing it I found out later na sira pala ang ungas!  I tried to send it to Daiichi in Raon, pero di rin naayos.  So, stock lang sya bahay.  Pangalawa, bumili naman ako ng Korean sub amp pero di ko naman binasa ang manual ng Pioneer ko at di lumabas ang tamang timpla.  So, ginarahe ko na naman ng for more than a year.  This time bumili ako ng Amp4v2 ni Marcopilyo, pero may sayad yung amp at binalik ko sa kanya.  Then, I decided to fix the settings on my Pio at ikinabit ko yung Korean sub amp, and to my surprise gumana at lintak ang lakas ng sub.  Bale ang ikinabit ko ay yung 2 kong 15" Crown na woofer in parallel at malakas pa rin.  Next ay ikinabit ko na yung dual 4 ohms kong 15" sub na Lanzar at very noticeable yung power ng sub.  Both sub amp now ay fully working at I'm thinking of replacing na the other two 15" woofer na floorstander at cguro ay 8" lang ay pwede na. 

Offline yer2010

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 07:38 AM »
Maybe, I'll keep the two 15" Japan woofer na DIY floorstander para sa karaoke at yung gagawin kong 8" ay pang movies.  After all my dalawa pa naman akong crossover na 3-way Cerwin Vega at yun ang ikakabit ko sa 8".  Type ko sana yung dalawang 8" na all Italian made na speaker ni Marcopilyo, kaso mahal eh P5K a pair ala pang box yun.

To this end, grabe ang dami kong nagastos para lang tumama lahat ng gusto kong sounds from my Pioneer VSX-D912K, 6.1 A/V receiver na sa ngayon ay kulang pa ng surround back, he heh!

Tnx mga utol and more power to PDVD.  ;D

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2011 at 08:08 AM »
I've a question for you dvd wizards, is there a dvd player in the market today that can boost the bass performance of your A/V Receiver?

I have a DENON 1910 dvd player, I think it it has a Bass Boost option :) But IMHO using BASS BOOST option kinds of exaggerate the bass production, meaning I prefer it to be natural on how the Amps or AVRs produces there low frequency ;)
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...