Author Topic: Warranty on Wharfedale Grill  (Read 3739 times)

Offline ras1842

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Warranty on Wharfedale Grill
« on: May 21, 2003 at 08:29 AM »
Hello Guys:

I just want to inquire the warranty on the wharfedale grills.  Last night, while doing my first maintenance on my setup, I accidentally broke the grill of my diamond center channel.  Now, I just want to know if this will be covered by warranty?  I bought my speakers last March, 2003.

Can I get replacement?  From where?  I am thinking of buying  one spare for each (2--8.4, 1-- center and 2-8.2) since the construction of the grill is very delicate.  How much does each cost?  Lead time in ordering?

I would appreciate immediate advice especially from stores and suppliers.  Thanks.  

Offline av_phile

• DVD Guru
  • Music & Video Lover
  • Liked:
Re:Warranty on Wharfedale Grill
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003 at 11:41 AM »
Hi ras1842,

I also have a diamond 8 center. Would like to help you out but  haven't got the same misfortune.  try calling the store where you bought the wharfs.  don't recall any mention of the grill on the warranty card  

Talagang flimsy yung grill with its plastic frame.  How did you break it?  What's the extent of the damage?  Hope you get a replacement.  But if not, plastics are usually easier to mend.  Baka puede na super glue if only a part of the frame was broken.  

Offline mdsaint3

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • My avatar is my dog!!! She bites!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003 at 12:13 PM »
dont think its worth the hassle...and doubt if theres warranty for that.. just have it fixed/glued.. one clip of mine also broke when i first opened it.... nothing to be sad about..they look better without anyway.. although i still put them on when i leave my room.. it still sticks..hehe  sa center channel ko din yun sira..

Offline ras1842

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003 at 12:38 PM »
Thanks for your advice.

The grills are really bad.  Imagine, masaya ka sana of thinking those gourgeous drivers pero, na tuturn-off ka pag naisip mo yong grill.  Anyway, I have read some of the reviews at Westside electronics, and there was this guy who also broke his grill, but it was immediately replaced by the Westside, delivered right at his doorsteps.  Wala ba tayong ganitong arrangement with our stores here in the phils?  Kahit man lang babayaran ko na lang, at hindi naman seguro aabot ng 1 thousand per pair?  Talagang, minsan, you do not only consider quality, but after sales service really counts.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003 at 12:56 PM »
dont think its worth the hassle...and doubt if theres warranty for that.. just have it fixed/glued.. one clip of mine also broke when i first opened it.... nothing to be sad about..they look better without anyway.. although i still put them on when i leave my room.. it still sticks..hehe  sa center channel ko din yun sira..

Those grills are really awfull, madaling masira, yung isang grill nang 8.3 ko hindi ko matanggal kasi nag stuck na yung isang clip, mapuputol pag pinilit ko ehehe
Walang Setup

Offline mdsaint3

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • My avatar is my dog!!! She bites!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003 at 12:59 PM »
ive read in so many forums..they dont put on the grill anymore..heheh.. they look better without them..and sound better without them...just use them to cover when your out...

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003 at 01:11 PM »
ive read in so many forums..they dont put on the grill anymore..heheh.. they look better without them..and sound better without them...just use them to cover when your out...

Di pwede kong gawin yan..kasi ang daming Jerry sa amin eh wala akong Tom, baka gawing mouse hole yung port at kagatin yung wires sa loob, ang dami ko nang naubos na Racumin, they still keep on going >:(
Walang Setup

Offline ras1842

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003 at 01:16 PM »
......And the drivers are very attractive for kids.

Offline ras1842

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003 at 02:44 PM »
Courage, av_phile sent you pm.

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003 at 12:50 AM »
Try to contact the store first, if they cant help you, try the distributor and lastly send an email to the mother company.

Offline van_wilder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003 at 06:34 PM »
i agree also with all of you. at first i didn't want to open it and even called the person whom i got it from to open it, but eventually was able to open it gently moving it up and down and out. now  no problem na and medyo nasanay na din sa pagtatanggal. protection is important, pero more beautiful talaga sya without it.
since march pa lang yan, baka they will replace it pa, kasi sa kin, sabi nya he will replace it pag nasira e.
panasonic 42plasma
marantz avr wharfedale speakers 6.1
ps2; wii

Offline cybermms

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2003 at 04:36 PM »
After sales service of Wharfedale, from my almost 5 years of distributing their products in Cavite, is excellent. The store where you bought them should be able to extend to you the same service. Otherwise, try sending an e-mail complaint to [email protected] or call 852-6706.

cybermms

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Warranty on Wharfedale Grill
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006 at 07:28 PM »
is there any procedure (other than gently pulling them off, or up) to removing the 8.1's grille? It seems stuck but I can't imagine how that can happen. And I don't want to risk breaking it since I don't want the drivers exposed when Im not listening.

Offline ProtegeManiac

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006 at 08:39 PM »
is there any procedure (other than gently pulling them off, or up) to removing the 8.1's grille? It seems stuck but I can't imagine how that can happen. And I don't want to risk breaking it since I don't want the drivers exposed when Im not listening.

up  :)

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006 at 09:19 PM »
Di pwede kong gawin yan..kasi ang daming Jerry sa amin eh wala akong Tom, baka gawing mouse hole yung port at kagatin yung wires sa loob, ang dami ko nang naubos na Racumin, they still keep on going >:(

foam or socks (mejas) lang ang katapat nyan. pasakan mo when not in use or kung masyado boomy pag close to back wall ;D

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006 at 05:17 PM »

This is a problem.  If I recall right, the grill is made of plastic and very fragile, could break if forced.  You could carefully pry it at the corners, but that's still risky.    Since this is a bookshelf type, it should be easy enough to bring this to a service center so they can better examine what causes it to get stuck. 

Offline ProtegeManiac

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006 at 09:09 PM »
This is a problem.  If I recall right, the grill is made of plastic and very fragile, could break if forced.  You could carefully pry it at the corners, but that's still risky.    Since this is a bookshelf type, it should be easy enough to bring this to a service center so they can better examine what causes it to get stuck. 

OK, I'll take it to listening room tomorrow and have them take it out, good thing I still have the box and styros and the plastics.