Author Topic: NMT: rendered useless... i think  (Read 1660 times)

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NMT: rendered useless... i think
« on: Jan 25, 2011 at 06:21 PM »
Hi guys, my BFF's NMT no longer respond. she tried updating it to the latest FW, completed it. But when she re-started the unit, ayaw na nya pumasok sa mga menu, it just shows the log of Kaiboer. Walang ganong information sa mga internaltion websites, no master reset ( button) she can find.

what do you suggests sir?

Thanks a lot!
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline motion55

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: NMT: rendered useless... i think
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 07:59 AM »
Which model of the Kaiboer is it? You can do an emergency reflash procedure.

Format a USB thumb drive to fat32. Download an older version firmware and decompress the ZIP or RAR file. Copy the contents (install.img) to the USB drive. Insert the drive into the Kaiboer's USB port.

Remove the power supply cable from the back of the NMT.

Press the power ON/OFF button at the front panel and while still pressing the power button, re-insert the power cable into the jack.

The power LED will turn ON. Keep pressing the power button for a few seconds. Release and the power LEDs will indicate some activity (slow blinking). The TV screen will show the firmware being flashed. Wait until the process is complete. It should automatically reboot.

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2011 at 08:05 AM by motion55 »

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 10:48 AM »

Format a USB thumb drive to fat32. Download an older version firmware and decompress the ZIP or RAR file. Copy the contents (install.img) to the USB drive. Insert the drive into the Kaiboer's USB port.

Press the power ON/OFF button at the front panel and while still pressing the power button, re-insert the power cable into the jack.

The power LED will turn ON. Keep pressing the power button for a few seconds. Release and the power LEDs will indicate some activity (slow blinking). The TV screen will show the firmware being flashed. Wait until the process is complete. It should automatically reboot.

it is H1073 sir. will give this a shot. maraming salamat!

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 08:01 AM »

it didnt work sir. :(

Offline motion55

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 08:35 AM »
it didnt work sir. :(

That's just too bad. May ibang RTD1073 based media players require you to short a jumper inside the box to trigger the emergency boot sequence. An example would be the Measy media player. The procedure is illustrated by one of the product sellers at TipidPC.

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=236910&page=2

This could of course void the warranty.

Another option is to gain access via the serial port of the media player and force a reflash. But this also means opening up the box and voiding the warranty.

My experience was gained from trying to revive a bricked HDPro media player (MED500x clone). I had bought it cheap but as defective. The player has a problem of powering OFF randomly. I managed to reflash it with various firmware, sometimes bricking it in the process. It's still a WIP.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 383
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 08:49 AM »
If reflashing (should be the same procedure for RTEK based players) didnt work , better seek help from the store you bought it from.

IIRC, many months back, there was an "official" KAIBOER dealer here in the NMT Forums .... try to locate him or his shop - you might get some more help there.

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 10:23 AM »
Try to bring it to Digitag at 12D Broadway Avenue, Brgy. Mariana, New Manila, Q.C

Contact Number: 4737277

Here is the link:
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=8371573

Offline Ppoooh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 11:17 AM »
That's just too bad. May ibang RTD1073 based media players require you to short a jumper inside the box to trigger the emergency boot sequence. An example would be the Measy media player. The procedure is illustrated by one of the product sellers at TipidPC.

Another option is to gain access via the serial port of the media player and force a reflash. But this also means opening up the box and voiding the warranty.

My experience was gained from trying to revive a bricked HDPro media player (MED500x clone). I had bought it cheap but as defective. The player has a problem of powering OFF randomly. I managed to reflash it with various firmware, sometimes bricking it in the process. It's still a WIP.

That is why the xtreamer PRO is nice. Can do emergency firmware flashing without opening the device. Just a flash drive with emergency firmware and remote control button/s during power on. No need for TV as well.