Author Topic: Dedicated HT Room. Need suggestions?  (Read 6775 times)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re:Dedicated HT Room. Need suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 08:24 AM »
hehehe! lomi youve just hit the right man for all your questions --  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline lomi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 07:46 PM »
oo nga eh.  ;D This group is really helpful.  Thanks to all the pinoydvd members!!  Now I can enjoy listening to good musical audio.  I love this forum very much because members like slowhand and levi (to name a few) are very generous in giving their own views, opinions and tips.  Sana masagot niyo lahat ng questions namin, hehe ;)

question uli, what do i need to do/place in my av room while it is in the construction phase?  may mga kaailangan pa ba akong ilagay sa walls, floor, windows, doors or ceiling?  is there any local shop here that sells acoustic material o DIY na lng?  

Offline bigbird2323

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 12:22 AM »
Hi Lomi,based on my research a good sounding hometheater is combination of all those three accoustic treatments namely absorbers,diffusers and refelectors.the most popular method right now is absorbers up to ear level,reflector above earlevel and diffusers behind.If you want to take a look at what I've done.page me  ;D

Offline lomi

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 08:39 PM »
thanks bigbird2323! sent you a pm

Offline chronic

• Collector
  • I'm a lubie
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 2004 at 09:07 AM »
pag nasetup nyo na mga rooms nyo post naman kayo mga pics :)

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jan 19, 2004 at 05:38 PM »
If you are planning to build hometheater with acoustic treatment just PM me we do build hometheaters..

meridian-audio

Offline Blade

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2004 at 11:11 AM »
- what room measurement would be ok...5 x 4m or 4 x 3m for a dedicated HT room...
- is it ok to place my glass display cabinets inside the HT room, hindi kaya aalog pag nagpatugtog...
- mga magkano kaya ang budget for this separate HT room...
- thanks...

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 2004 at 09:44 AM »
- what room measurement would be ok...5 x 4m or 4 x 3m for a dedicated HT room...
- is it ok to place my glass display cabinets inside the HT room, hindi kaya aalog pag nagpatugtog...
- mga magkano kaya ang budget for this separate HT room...
- thanks...

Bro,

5x4 is okey..
I suggest you not to put glass shelving or glass cabinets inside youre theater or entertainment room.
& about the bugdet we do charge 10t per sq. meter. but it varies depending on how the finish look likes.

Meridian Audio

Online levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2004 at 11:19 AM »
Please check your PM. Home page lower portion, just click the number. Thanks

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 23, 2004 at 01:05 PM »
Hi Meridian Audio,

Would appreciate your "sound" and expert advice as a builder of home theaters.  Free of charge. he he ;D

I have a stack of discarded stuffed toys and teddy bears l;arge and small  directly across my speakers at tweeter level.    I plan to buy a few more from garage sales if i find any. Seems like excellent sound absorbers, are they?

Also, i have a plain smooth wall on the side adjacent to my front and back speakers.  I think they're excellent reflectors.  My son has a large collection of pellet guns that look real, big and small,  that are just stored.  I had them displayed on that wall to break the reflective surface.  So now i have a wall ala those James Bond movies with recessed amunition-filed walls hidden.  Only mine isn't and they're just toys.  Seems the sound overall was dimished as I get  less reflection.  So the only reflective surface i have is the ceiling.  Is that ok?
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2004 at 01:06 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: Dedicated HT Room. Need suggestions?
« Reply #40 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 05:06 PM »
How about adding HT carpets to your dedicated HT room ...

http://www.hometheatercarpets.com/

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2005 at 06:36 PM »
Hi guys, I am renovating our condo unit. Its quite small so I dont have a dedicated HT room. My HT will be in my living room, but the problem is, one side has a wall and the other side doesnt. If I put a movable partition (with acoustic treatment) on the side where there is no wall , will it make a difference or is it useless?

Illustration below:

A & B are the location of the surround speakers. A (bookshelf)& B(bi polar)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005 at 06:38 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2005 at 10:00 PM »
Actually the movable partition will work fine but you need to pair it on the opposite wall with same finish or characteristic. For example If the movable patition is acoustically treated then you need to treat also the oposite wall inorder to obtain the same transition of surround speaker. An also you need to place the bipolar on the side which is the A and the bookshelve speaker or direct speaker on the back surround w/c is B.  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2005 at 04:27 PM »
Actually the movable partition will work fine but you need to pair it on the opposite wall with same finish or characteristic. For example If the movable patition is acoustically treated then you need to treat also the oposite wall inorder to obtain the same transition of surround speaker. An also you need to place the bipolar on the side which is the A and the bookshelve speaker or direct speaker on the back surround w/c is B.  ;D

At first, I was planning for the upper half of the movable partition to be a sound absorber, then the lower half to be bass traps.

The left side will have heavy curtains, therefore, based from what you said, the movable partitions on the right must have sound absorbing treatment to equalize with the other side.

Thanks Meridian-Audio  :D!

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jun 18, 2005 at 10:18 PM »
If you have concrete walls and cannot cover them with acoustic materials, at least treat the 1st reflections on all planes. In general, the back wall of the front speakers should be absorptive so that depth can be enhanced. Using a candle on top of your speaker as a visible light source, have somebody slide a mirror along your walls and ceiling and floor and determine your 1st refection points. the point where you see the candle is the 1st reflection point for that surface. You should have materials to break these reflections on your floor , ceiling and side walls as well as the back wall. with the rear wall, Place anything that can break reflections such as bookcases or anything with iregular shapes to direct the sound into different directions(diffusion). this is your first step into hearing what your system can do. Of course before doing this, your speakers should be away from the back and side walls.
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 05:53 PM »
I just finished our HT room (click), thanks to this thread and for all those who helped in giving advice to make this all possible.  :) :)