Author Topic: HT set up  (Read 1148 times)

Offline adslim_15

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HT set up
« on: Jan 29, 2011 at 10:31 PM »
gudpm, guys ask lang ako ng suggestions for a new home theater setup budget 120-130k speakers with avr..7.1 yun set up sana,and may i ask saan maganda na shop bumili jan sa manila na mura, im from davao pa kasi medyo pricey d2 eh onkyo 608 plus bose speakers forgot the models ng speakers mga 160k inabot d2. studio type lng ang room not that big mga 5-7 feet away lang ang layo from the tv. baka may second hand items kayo jan okay lang din hehe..i heard polk audio sounds good daw.. TIA guys.God bless=)
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2011 at 03:10 PM by iiinas »
SVS,Onkyo,Emotiva,Samsung,Auralex
Castle line,Cal's IC,Oppo digital,
Stardom,Western Digital

Offline xyobub

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: LF:HT set up
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2011 at 01:47 AM »
Swak sa Monitor Audio Speaker Silver ang budget mo brader + SVS sub  ;)

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2011 at 03:17 PM »
Maraming shops dito to choose from. If you have time, scout around when you're here. :)

It's better to hear the gear for yourself din, rather than relying on each one of our preferences. Good luck! :)

Offline lionking

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 04:48 AM »
adslim_15,

I'm from Davao also. I  bought all my HT gears in Manila (without going to Manila). With your budget of 120-130K for 7.1 speakers and 7.1 AVR, you can buy  very good entry-level HT gears. Of course, it is still good to audition them first. In my setup, i matched my 6.1 Denon AVR (warm sounding) with JBL speakers (bright sounding). There are a lot of good branded speakers out there that are affordable; bose (bright sounding) is ok but pricey (overpriced). I'd be glad to help you look for alternatives before you audition them in Manila.  Also, I saved a lot buying in Manila. However, you don't have to go Manila to buy your HT gears. If you have auditioned the speakers and avr here, then they can be ordered to a trusted dealer and ship to you through PAL or Cebu Pacific cargo ( a lot cheaper than using LBC or other carriers); you just have to get them at the Cargo building of Davao airport.

You can contact me: 09088626708

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 06:09 AM »
That's a good range of budget to play around with. In Manila, the Onkyo TX-SR608 sells around 33k+. So you still have about 100k to invest in speakers. You can get a good entry-level HT gears or if you go for used gears, with a bit of luck you could probably find mid-level gears.

You can check out SVS speakers - value for money & great SQ (lots of happy folks own it):

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,126106.870.html

How about Infinity Beta (7 speaker set)?
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,124959.30.html

Good hunting bro! ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2011 at 06:09 AM by pchin »

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 06:32 AM »
^^^^yes the infinity speakers being sold by bro mikec is quite awesome,soundwise and pricewise ;) With the savings from the speakers you can actually get a mid level amp to power it ;)

Offline adslim_15

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 03:56 PM »
thanks sa help guys..already ordered my ht gears..tama ka pchin nag svs s series ako..just like the second picture you posted.that's the set..and with a onkyo 806 avr... :)
SVS,Onkyo,Emotiva,Samsung,Auralex
Castle line,Cal's IC,Oppo digital,
Stardom,Western Digital