Author Topic: HDMI cable for BD player  (Read 7174 times)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Re: HDMI cable for BD player
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 04:28 AM »
So guys, ano nga yung difference?  :)

No difference, though some branded cables really look good...
but it just performs the same as those generic ones...

;)

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #31 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 04:57 AM »
So guys, ano nga yung difference?  :)
yabang factor?  ;D

No difference, though some branded cables really look good...
but it just performs the same as those generic ones...

;)
tapos some "branded" are merely rebadged generics.  :P ::)
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline vgsison

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #32 on: Feb 08, 2011 at 01:31 PM »
For all who said there is a difference?  So what is the difference? How can you tell the difference?  Don't get me wrong guys, I just want to know.

I think it all boils down to marketing haha.

For me there is a substantial difference. When I bought HT, i was so overwhelmed by the expenses. I initially started on buying generic hdmi from cdrking which was about 4 sets. (Video out to AV; BD to AV; Xtreamer to AV; PS3 to AV).

In about a months use, I noticed that there was intermittent loss of sounds in the course of movie watching and playing of ps3.   

I brought this issue to the attention of pdvd masters in one of the old threads here. The suggestion was check the hdmi cables. It was then i found out hdmi cables were indeed the source of the problem. There was signal loss once every so often.

A good friend of mine here in pdvd was kind enough to lend his high end hdmi (audioQuest). For a time, the pq improved, the sound became more firm and there was no sound loss anymore.

However, i again experienced the problem soon. I suspected the problem emanated from the generic hdmi cables I was still using. It was then that I got rid of all the cdrking cables and bought Belden Blue Jeans hdmi cable from A Audio. That solved all the issues until today.

GE Triton5, Aon3, SC X, SS3, Marantz 7010/XPA3 Gen3/Dual SVS Ultra/Panny PT-AR100 Oppo 103

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
« Reply #33 on: Feb 08, 2011 at 09:22 PM »
For me there is a substantial difference. When I bought HT, i was so overwhelmed by the expenses. I initially started on buying generic hdmi from cdrking which was about 4 sets. (Video out to AV; BD to AV; Xtreamer to AV; PS3 to AV).

In about a months use, I noticed that there was intermittent loss of sounds in the course of movie watching and playing of ps3.   

I brought this issue to the attention of pdvd masters in one of the old threads here. The suggestion was check the hdmi cables. It was then i found out hdmi cables were indeed the source of the problem. There was signal loss once every so often.

A good friend of mine here in pdvd was kind enough to lend his high end hdmi (audioQuest). For a time, the pq improved, the sound became more firm and there was no sound loss anymore.

However, i again experienced the problem soon. I suspected the problem emanated from the generic hdmi cables I was still using. It was then that I got rid of all the cdrking cables and bought Belden Blue Jeans hdmi cable from A Audio. That solved all the issues until today.

That's the difference from a working and a non-working HDMI cable, the "difference" being referred to is video/audio improvement which theoretically should be none.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Prometheus75

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: Feb 09, 2011 at 07:15 PM »
That's the difference from a working and a non-working HDMI cable, the "difference" being referred to is video/audio improvement which theoretically should be none.

+1.

All things being equal in terms of product durability, how could a "high end" HDMI cable deliver better performance than a generic or lower-priced one when HDMI cable technology (meaning, ALL HDMI cables) already enables 100% lossless audio-video transfer?
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)