Author Topic: what will you do with your audio and video collection when you are too old...  (Read 2082 times)

Offline mangyan

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
what will you do with your dvd, bluray, even cds and lp record collections when you are too old now to listen or view your collection? bago ako siguro tumanda o mahina na, ibebenta ko na lahat ng collection ko, baka kasi mapabayaan lang, nagbabago na kasi ang panahon... ;D, how about you, what can you say...
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2010 at 03:12 PM by mangyan »

Offline Lopio

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Theres no such thing as too old to listen or watch video hehe. Right now my sons are enjoying my DVD and Bluray collection, infact my son is buying most of our BD, CD and DVD now, and soon they will pass it to their sons and so on.
Denon 1610
PolkAudio TSI 300
PolkAudio CS 20
PolkAudio OWM 3
Velodyne Impact 12
PS 3

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Will pass it on to my kids. My collections will be treated as family heritage... ;D

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
My grandfather has a library of books stored in his den. When he passed, the books remained for all of us, his grandchildren, to continue reading.

So, the same goes for my own library of DVDs, books, comics and other media.

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1237
Agree to the above posts. Same here.

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
By the time when we are too old, our A/V collection's media is already obsolete and there may be no more available players for them.  Also, the A/V media we are using today have short shelf life; tapes gets molds and stick-up, and optical discs tend to rot in just a few years even if we reasonably take care of them.  In short, our current collection will self destruct, maybe before or after we leave this world (sigh...).  So be it, let our future generation enjoy our collections that will be migrated to the new media of the future which is based on solid state media: memory-based media much like the memory cards we have today but in a more compact, robust and terrabytes capacity.

So what will I do with my collections?  I will just enjoy them as much as I can today hopefully before they self-destruct right before my eye, hehehe!!!  ;D ;D
"If you love life, life will love you back."

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
By the time when we are too old, our A/V collection's media is already obsolete and there may be no more available players for them.  Also, the A/V media we are using today have short shelf life; tapes gets molds and stick-up, and optical discs tend to rot in just a few years even if we reasonably take care of them.  In short, our current collection will self destruct, maybe before or after we leave this world (sigh...).  So be it, let our future generation enjoy our collections that will be migrated to the new media of the future which is based on solid state media: memory-based media much like the memory cards we have today but in a more compact, robust and terrabytes capacity.

So what will I do with my collections?  I will just enjoy them as much as I can today hopefully before they self-destruct right before my eye, hehehe!!!  ;D ;D

Same sentiments. Kapag digital file, kapag may lumabas na bago. Bura na lang ng luma.

Analog lang ata ang pwedeng itago ngayon.

Offline xnuw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Begin something & it will be done
  • Liked:
My grandfather has a library of books stored in his den. When he passed, the books remained for all of us, his grandchildren, to continue reading.

So, the same goes for my own library of DVDs, books, comics and other media.
my grandfather do have books like dictionary & health book left behind, my father books assorted for lawyers & accounting and LP same with my mother collection of vhs & betamax, then me from vcd, dvd, now BD, hope my children would like to continue, as what they are enjoying right now my previous collection.... 
Intel SandyBridge PC Philips 32PF3605/08 Toshiba 32RV700 LG 32LH70YR  Philips FWD39HT Sony 250GB PS3

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
Just like Cassette Tapes, Betamax Tapes, VHS Tapes, LDs & VCDs I sold them all but I have retained my DVDs, Vinyls & Audio CDs. Now I'm into BLU-RAY. I think there wont be a stage in my life that I would lose interest in music (my 1st love) & Movies (uncertain about it when I get old). One thing is for sure my LPs & Audio CDs would stay in my library, bahala na ang mga bata kung anong gusto nila gawin sa natira kong collection if I'm not around anymore  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2011 at 03:45 PM by at_sunset_blvd »
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...