Author Topic: AMD HD 5450 Gigabyte Locally Available (Best Budget HTPC Video Card?)  (Read 14501 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
i suppose your connection is like this: pc>>avr>>tv
try to power the avr first, wait for like 5 secs, then turn on the tv, wait again and then power on the pc..
all the supported formats should appear now. i usually see the "stereo" only support if my avr is off (off but active standby) and of course, the tv is on.. hth sir

btw, im using 4650 withe realtek ati hdmi driver

Yes. The connection is right. I always turn on both the AVR and TV before turning on the PC. 

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Did you install any patch for TMT3?

I remember updating it since the new update had fixes for hd audio i think

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Sa kasamaang palad, bumigay ang HTPC ko last weekend.  Hanap pa ako time para ayusin.  I suspect Mobo may problem.  Baka kailangan i-RMA.  If board nga may problem, I might go 880G para puwede hybrid crossfirex with the 5450 (sana with USB3 if available).  Pero I'll need to upgrade to DDR3 mems too.  Hassle...

Got myself the Emaxx AMD880G-FXN today, since verified na bumigay na yung Gigabyte 780G ko.  The FXN (Fusion) board is cool, kasi it will accomodate AM2+ or AM3 proc, DDR2 or 3 mem.  So board lang talaga pinalitan ko, and retained my old AM2+ and 4Gb DDR2.  Upside is nagamit ko na ang Hybrid CrossfireX of the 880G with my HD5450.  Pero balik tweaking uli ako.  Dolby Digital and DTS lang ang supported formats na nakikita sa HDMI HD Audio output properties.  Now I need to figure out how to add DD TrueHD and DTS-MA back into the supported formats list.  Ok na rin, quick and cheap fix.  Benta ko na 780G board ko once ma-RMA.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Got myself the Emaxx AMD880G-FXN today, since verified na bumigay na yung Gigabyte 780G ko.  The FXN (Fusion) board is cool, kasi it will accomodate AM2+ or AM3 proc, DDR2 or 3 mem.  So board lang talaga pinalitan ko, and retained my old AM2+ and 4Gb DDR2.  Upside is nagamit ko na ang Hybrid CrossfireX of the 880G with my HD5450.  Pero balik tweaking uli ako.  Dolby Digital and DTS lang ang supported formats na nakikita sa HDMI HD Audio output properties.  Now I need to figure out how to add DD TrueHD and DTS-MA back into the supported formats list.  Ok na rin, quick and cheap fix.  Benta ko na 780G board ko once ma-RMA.

Good to know na mobo lang yung problem sir pao. Pashare na lang ng tweaks mo para maoutput ng HD5450 ang TrueHD and DTS-MA audio through HDMI. Thanks  ;D

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I was able to output DTS HD on my Onkyo 608 with MPC HC through HDMI audio output of HD5450  ;D
I used ffdshow audio decoder in the external filter...

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
I was able to output DTS HD on my Onkyo 608 with MPC HC through HDMI audio output of HD5450  ;D
I used ffdshow audio decoder in the external filter...

What video driver did you use?

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
What video driver did you use?

Just the one that came with the catalyst. i didn't install the realtek audio driver...

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Yehey!!!  :D

Ayos na ayos talaga HD5450! Sulit!

Offline FrancisD

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Congrats! :)

Kahit sa Win7, just playing video with the right sound set-up sobra hirap pa din  ???

Pero, how can you beat the cost using HD 5450 7.1 na  :D

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Galeng nga ni sir Louie, congrats sir.

Yung akin, nag-upgrade na ako nang Chipset to 880G and Hybrid Crossfire na with my HD5450, pero DD and DTS lang ang supported formats.  Newest HDMI HD Audio driver pa yan, 2.58, tapos newest CCC rin 10.2 yata?  Ewan kung sobrang low tech lang talaga nung Emaxx 880G FXN motherboard.  Kailangan ko yata fresh format and install (start from zero).

Buti pa yung Gigabyte 780G board ko dati, lumalabas yung TrueHD and DTS-MA sa supported formats.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Thanks Sir Francis and Sir Pao  :)

Actually wala naman ako special na ginawa, hehe. I just followed this guide http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/02/02/guide-setting-up-bitstreaming-with-your-windows-7-htpc-part-i/

But I didn't install the Realtek audio driver. Nag-update lang ako nang Catalyst from ATi. Then yun napalabas ko yung DTS HD-MA sa isang media file ko with DTS HD audio.  ;D
But when using VLC PCM lang lumalabas. Also tried playing Avatar 1080p with DTS-HD, around 20GB size. And it played well sa MPC-HC. Wala choppiness, smooth naman  :)

I will try to test it again this weekend. May alam pa ba kyo sirs na makukuhaan ng sample media files with DTS HD or True HD na mallit lang? Tagal kasi magdownload ng full movie eh, hehe  ;D

Thanks!

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
And also take note na dapat na pareho ng bit(32 or 64) yung Media Player Classic and ffdshow otherwise hindi makikita ng MPC yung ffdshow audio decoder sa external filters. Yan yun una kong naging problem. Gamit ko kasi Win7 x64 OS tapos pang 32bit pla yung ffdshow ko kaya hindi madetect nung MPC.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
update...
Just wana share. I just downloaded Animusic HD with DTS HD audio and tried MPC-HC but unfortunately very choppy ang playback halos useless na but in my AVR nadedetect na yung DTS-HD MSTR. When I tried PowerDvd 10 Mark 2 smooth ang playback but DTS lang yung detected ng AVR kahit yung audio output mode is "non-decoded Dolby Digital/DTS audio to external device". I also tried TMT5 but PCM yung detected ng AVR. Bakit kaya hindi maoutput ng PDVD10 ang DTS-HD? Meron pa kayang tweaks ang MPC-HC para maging smooth ang playback?  ???

Offline FrancisD

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Sir:

I think the HD 5450 requires new device drivers from software providers. Choppy would likely mean the HD 5450 new drivers are not being used / recognized by the software - look at CPU utilization, it shouldnt spike so high as the graphics card should be doing the decoding work.

I know in PC / Graphics forums the latest PDVD supports the latest catalyst drivers from AMD assuming the PDVD version is not the OEM version as the OEM version doesnt support HD audio. It may be just looking at the settings of PDVD for now.

Francis

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Again just want to share...  :)
I was able to play my 1080p with DTS-HD mkv's smoothly through Windows Media Player  ;D

Here's what I did. First I uninstalled all the codecs (ffdshow, CoreAVC, etc.), all the media players(PDVD10, TMT3, MPC-HC). Then restarted my PC. After that I downloaded and installed the latest ATI Catalyst which is the 11.3 version. Then I downloaded and installed Shark007 codec pack and x64 components since I'm using Win7 x64 OS from http://shark007.net/

In the Shark007 application I just ticked(checked) Shark007 SUGGESTED settings. Then viola!!! My Animusic mkv file played smoothly with DTS-HD output  ;D

Hope this will help you guys too in bitstreaming HD audio with smooth playback.

*Note: I can't still play smoothly my Animusic HD mkv on MPC-HC when I installed it. But I'm satisfied with the Windows Media Player already  ;D
I installed MPC-HC x86 version from http://shark007.net/tools.html and it can handle the file well. It played smoothly too  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011 at 05:05 AM by Louie_18 »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I'm glad to finally see this Dolby True HD on my AVR...  :)

Mas ok ang 32bit softwares like MPC-HC. This player can handle both DTS-HD and TRUE HD well.

Offline nogo

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Hi everybody I would like to share my new rig. MSI e-350 Fusion APU. Luckily I was able to bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD using MPC-HC.

Hope I posted the pics right.
LG42LA6200
Marantz SR5008/NR1604(O)
BW685S2/Q3020 (O)
SVS PB1000/SB12NSD (O)
PCHA410
BD-F5500K

Offline dm1179

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
testing an HD5450 card and DXVA.. playing Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children, 1080p MKV (10.9GB).. RAM usage did not exceed 2GB, including all other system processes running in the background..

HTPC Spec:
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5400
Asus HD5450 SILENT 1GB DDR3 Low Profile
4GB DDR3 RAM

KMPlayer with DXVA On

KMPlayer with DXVA Off

...guaranteed to rock your world!

Offline dm1179

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
the video card used..

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Guys,
Natry nyo na ba online games with our HD5450 like Cabal, Dota, Special Force, etc...?
Thanks  :)

Offline erj2daizzo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
ser how much po yung nagastos nyo sa specs nyo?

4GB DDR3 RAM

kaya rin po ba nito ser yung mga latest pcgames?

salamas

testing an HD5450 card and DXVA.. playing Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children, 1080p MKV (10.9GB).. RAM usage did not exceed 2GB, including all other system processes running in the background..

HTPC Spec:
4GB DDR3 RAM

KMPlayer with DXVA On

KMPlayer with DXVA Off

Offline dm1179

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
@erj2daizzo: i bought my HTPC last Jan 2010 pa. it is a Compaq CQ4028 Slim PC.

ATI HD4350 512MB DDR2 Low-Profile
4GB DDR3 RAM

i bought the Asus HD5450 SILENT 1GB DDR3 Low-Profile last April 2011 as an upgrade. just check TipidPC for the price.

being an HTPC video card, it is not meant for gaming. you can play old games at full details and some new games at low details.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011 at 12:04 PM by dm1179 »

Offline dm1179

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
ideal HTPC cards are low-powered, low-heat, low-noise (preferably with passive heatsink), and low-profile (to fit slim cases)..

ATI HD5450 LP: ~6W idle, 19W max
ATI HD5570 LP: ~10W idle, 43W max
ATI HD6450 LP: ~9W idle, 27W max
ATI HD6570 LP: ~11W idle, 60W max

NVIDIA G210 LP: ~9W idle, 31W max
NVIDIA GT430 LP: ~49W max
NVIDIA GT440 LP: ~7W idle, 65W max
NVIDIA GT520 LP: ~29W max

compared with gaming cards..

ATI HD5770: ~18W idle, 108W max
ATI HD6870: ~17W idle, 163W max
ATI HD6970: ~22W idle, 287W max