Author Topic: AC Ryan - Europe's most popular media player - now available in the Philippines  (Read 46494 times)

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
Now available in the Philippines the AC Ryan PlayOn HD ESSENTIAL:
Comes with 2 year warranty

The Playon!HD Essential allows you to store and enjoy all of your precious movies, music and photos in the comfort of your own living room. Free your media content from the limitations of your PC and let the Essential bring them to life in Full HD quality on your TV. The Playon!HD Essential is also the first in its class to offer an optional upgrade to network with the Essential Wireless N dongle, sold separately.

The Playon!HD Essential is designed for users who prefer an easy to use media player without the fuss of networking. Setting a new standard of performance in the class of media players with no network, this inexpensive, user friendly, no-network media player supports the most file formats including Blu-ray and DVD ISO. With exceptional quality and ease, the Playon!HD Essential, plays your media files from external drives (USB drives, USB hard disks, and media cards such as SD Cards). The pre-installed eco friendly, low noise, low power consumption HDD up to 2TB allows you to conveniently store all your media files in one central location.

The Playon!HD Essential makes entertainment simple and enjoyable for you, your family and friends. Simply transfer, store and play your media content with the Essential and enjoy High Definition entertainment, the way it should be.
More format support than any other no network media player.
Superior video quality High Definition 1080p.
Plays BD-ISO files including BD basic navigation.
Plays DVD IFO/ISO with full DVD menu and navigation support.
Supports more character sets (for non-English subtitles).
Completely unique, newly designed user interface (Playon!GUI2.0).
Smart content management (auto file indexing).

AC Ryan Media players are available in the following stores:
- Sight & Sounds - 6341789
- Ehome - 7445923
- Architectural Audio - 6215165
- AV Shop - 2161948
- Listening room - 6329577
- Listen up - 8185904
- SGT Home Theater - 8138443
- Cebu Circuits - 0322313598
- Acustic Dimension - 7561579
- Audible Illusion - 3743620

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
tanong ko lang,may nahiram po akong ac ryan essential hd.nung naka connect yung 1.5tb wd elements thru usb parang naghahang sya (sorry for the lack of description).ang nangyayari bigla na lang sya hindi ma dedetect ng amplifier tapos biglang babalik after ilang seconds mawawala ulit.nung tinangal ko yung hd ko hindi na sya nag hahang.may compatibility issue ba itong ac ryan pagdating sa hdd?thanks
when i searched sa net for similar problem i found this same as mine unfortunately nobody posted for a solution.
http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=16920
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM by jhelenz »

Offline Audio Excellence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:

Offline bonnedejour

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
lahat ba ng AVI files npplay ng AC ryan? wala ba kayo naencounter na problem sa pagplay ng files?

just bought a media player last night (clue: brand si X). nadisappoint ako, kasi yung ibang AVI files ko hindi nya napplay. for instance, ung Spiderman film in AVI-Xvid format. basic format ang avi tapos hindi maplay. kainis lang. e most of my movies are in AVI. ayoko na yun, ill just sell it.

a friend told me about this AC Ryan... worry ko lang baka namimili din ng files to.

Offline jll

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Sir Sanjay, can the essential use the wifi usb dongle to download torrent files? access the internet? browse youtube? etc...

Offline jll

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
I just got an essential but my 500GB HDD isn't being read by the NMT but my 2TB works fine. Anyone who can help? I've been reading their forum but nobody seems to have the answer yet except formatting my 500GB HDD but it's working fine on my mac aswell as my egreat S100...

Offline jll

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Also, how do I watch my 1080 files in full screen? I seems to default to 16:9 aspect ratio instead of fullscreen 1080 aspect.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2167
Pa PM new pricing.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Audio Excellence

• DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:
Please note prices for AC Ryan media players:

- AC Ryan Essentail - basic non network media player that can fit an internal 3.5 inch hard drive. price is P4,700
- AC Ryan Play On HD - network media player that can fit an internal 3.5 inch hard drive.  price is P6,500 each
- AC Ryan Play On HD2 - top of the line network media player that can fit an internal 3.5 inch hard drive. USB3.0 and the fastest gigabyte LAN.  price is P8,600 each
- AC Ryan Veolo - Android powered media player with built in wifi. Price is P10,000 each
- AC Ryan Mini 2 - top of the line network media player, can not fit internal hard drive. Gigabyte LAN. Price is P7,000 each
- AC Ryan Play On 3D - new model, higher end media player, can fit internal 3.5 inch hard drive, comes with 4 usb slots, built in wifi, USB 3.0 and fastest gigabyte LAN. Price is P9,900 each.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2167
Naku, nakakalito na. Di ko na alam kung ano ok dyan.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline jll

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Some of those models are already obsolete and not being supported with firmware updates based on the website and i haven't been able to use my 500GB HDD yet on the "Essential" but my hi-def issue has already been resolved. Good enough for a back-up player.

Offline Macmon

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Some of those models are already obsolete and not being supported with firmware updates based on the website and i haven't been able to use my 500GB HDD yet on the "Essential" but my hi-def issue has already been resolved. Good enough for a back-up player.

What particular issue did you have? Wow, obsolete and still being sold locally with the same retail price?
To Boldly go where no Bluray has gone before.

Offline jll

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
What particular issue did you have? Wow, obsolete and still being sold locally with the same retail price?
I have 2 seagate 500gb hdd's which aren't being read by the acr essential but are working fine in my egreat s100. I'll try reformatting them once I complete backing it up. Not the same retail price as when it was originally released so it's a bang for the buck player IMO. The 2 years service warranty still makes it worth it but not as a primary player. Other known brands have better PQ for my eyes.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2012 at 01:26 PM by jll »

Offline Audio Excellence

• DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:

- AC Ryan Essentail - basic non network media player that can fit an internal 3.5 inch hard drive. price is P4,700
- AC Ryan Play On HD - network media player that can fit an internal 3.5 inch hard drive.  price is P6,500 each
- AC Ryan Play On HD2 - top of the line network media player that can fit an internal 3.5 inch hard drive. USB3.0 and the fastest gigabyte LAN.  price is P8,600 each
- AC Ryan Veolo - Android powered media player with built in wifi. Price is P10,000 each
- AC Ryan Mini 2 - top of the line network media player, can not fit internal hard drive. Gigabyte LAN. Price is P7,000 each
- AC Ryan Play On 3D - new model, higher end media player, can fit internal 3.5 inch hard drive, comes with 4 usb slots, built in wifi, USB 3.0 and fastest gigabyte LAN. Price is P9,900 each.

Offline Regz_28

• Apprentice
  • I want my own Ableton!!
  • Liked:
These player packs a punch when playing all your beloved collection...but that's about it...please read on...

Got mine last week from a friend who went on a business trip in NZ.

I got the PV73100 P+ (Updated Playon HD 1 - can play TrueHD and stuff) as I just need a no non-sense player (plus limited budget).

It pretty much plays any file types I throw at it...which is basically a given as it's a media player.  But again, that's about it.

Other that it's aesthetic design and an updated firmware (which I'm not sure if it's an advantage really...saved me from the pains of upgrading as upgrade path is very confusing from the official AC Ryan forums..)...below are some of my gripes:

- GUI 2.0 firmware looks really nice and savvy....but is effing slooowwww! It's like click-and-wait-then-click-again(thanks to it's old Realtek processor and limited memory capacity - I heard the old but ugly one is better in functionality, but I may be wrong).  I mostly end up with twice pressing buttons to make the player respond.  Really frustrating!

- I finally completed configuring .nfo files for my movies as required by yamj for the jukebox features (took me two days!)...ran yamj and the index file was generated.  I plugged the unit in my LED TV, accessed jukebox on the menu only to end up more frustrated.  When pressing "OK" on the message box asking if it's the first time I ran the new index file...the player hanged on me twice.  Third time and it rebooted.  Selecting "Cancel" on the fourth try finally showed the jukebox screen.  Not really sure though if it's really that way though. Jukebox looks fine the first time, but noticed a slight difference (movie bucketing/filters is on top) in the final result as compared from my trial results of around 12 movies only.  Looking at the details, Movie Title is truncated, commas are misplaced on the Actors field, Director field still shows XML tags before and after the Director name.  Rating is incorrect as well.  In fairness, I think that accuracy is 95% on movie posters selection - well probably due to the imdb links I painstakingly provided in the movie folders individually.  Series collections were treated correctly as well.

-  Samba is on but I can't seem to make it work.  I would probably need to read more as I feel that it's mostly my fault.

-  YouTube also does not work.  Error messages when playing video files.  Have not tried the other apps.  Don't really need it anyway.

To sum up, my experience with this brand isn't really that good considering that this was my first NMT.  I'd probably rate it at 4 on the scale of 1 - 10 where 10 is the highest.

What I'm doing now?  I'm seriously back reading the Playon HD forums and other NMT forums trying to possibly alleviate my situation.  Sad as I found out a lot have the same complaints as well.

I'm now considering the mede8er firmware - which I read in the forums (yes even AC Ryan Official forums) will work and may make user experience better (plus that wonderful Movie Wall).

The hardware is great, no question about it.  But user experience always as always makes a big difference really.

Note to myself - I should have gotten the HD2 or that egr...grrrr talaga! LOL! ;D ;D

It just occurred to me - should I downgrade the firmware to the old (and ugly) version?

Thanks for reading.  Let me know your thoughts people.

Offline Audio Excellence

• DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:
These player packs a punch when playing all your beloved collection...but that's about it...please read on...

Got mine last week from a friend who went on a business trip in NZ.

I got the PV73100 P+ (Updated Playon HD 1 - can play TrueHD and stuff) as I just need a no non-sense player (plus limited budget).

It pretty much plays any file types I throw at it...which is basically a given as it's a media player.  But again, that's about it.

Other that it's aesthetic design and an updated firmware (which I'm not sure if it's an advantage really...saved me from the pains of upgrading as upgrade path is very confusing from the official AC Ryan forums..)...below are some of my gripes:

- GUI 2.0 firmware looks really nice and savvy....but is effing slooowwww! It's like click-and-wait-then-click-again(thanks to it's old Realtek processor and limited memory capacity - I heard the old but ugly one is better in functionality, but I may be wrong).  I mostly end up with twice pressing buttons to make the player respond.  Really frustrating!

- I finally completed configuring .nfo files for my movies as required by yamj for the jukebox features (took me two days!)...ran yamj and the index file was generated.  I plugged the unit in my LED TV, accessed jukebox on the menu only to end up more frustrated.  When pressing "OK" on the message box asking if it's the first time I ran the new index file...the player hanged on me twice.  Third time and it rebooted.  Selecting "Cancel" on the fourth try finally showed the jukebox screen.  Not really sure though if it's really that way though. Jukebox looks fine the first time, but noticed a slight difference (movie bucketing/filters is on top) in the final result as compared from my trial results of around 12 movies only.  Looking at the details, Movie Title is truncated, commas are misplaced on the Actors field, Director field still shows XML tags before and after the Director name.  Rating is incorrect as well.  In fairness, I think that accuracy is 95% on movie posters selection - well probably due to the imdb links I painstakingly provided in the movie folders individually.  Series collections were treated correctly as well.

-  Samba is on but I can't seem to make it work.  I would probably need to read more as I feel that it's mostly my fault.

-  YouTube also does not work.  Error messages when playing video files.  Have not tried the other apps.  Don't really need it anyway.

To sum up, my experience with this brand isn't really that good considering that this was my first NMT.  I'd probably rate it at 4 on the scale of 1 - 10 where 10 is the highest.

What I'm doing now?  I'm seriously back reading the Playon HD forums and other NMT forums trying to possibly alleviate my situation.  Sad as I found out a lot have the same complaints as well.

I'm now considering the mede8er firmware - which I read in the forums (yes even AC Ryan Official forums) will work and may make user experience better (plus that wonderful Movie Wall).

The hardware is great, no question about it.  But user experience always as always makes a big difference really.

Note to myself - I should have gotten the HD2 or that egr...grrrr talaga! LOL! ;D ;D

It just occurred to me - should I downgrade the firmware to the old (and ugly) version?

Thanks for reading.  Let me know your thoughts people.

You should have got the AC Ryan Play On HD2, it has a much faster processor and everything runs smoother.

Offline Regz_28

• Apprentice
  • I want my own Ableton!!
  • Liked:
You should have got the AC Ryan Play On HD2, it has a much faster processor and everything runs smoother.

I know right?  I was eyeing that originally.  Charge to experience na lang. Haiyssstt!

Although despite its software flaws...hardware is rock solid.  Remove the faulty software in the equation and you got a one hell of an entertainment workhorse.

Further reading suggests that its the SDK tools from Realtek chipset actually which is at fault, and not the AC Ryan Development team.  Pero bat kasi ipinilit pa ung implementation ng GUI 2.0 to an almost uncapable processor set e. Oh well.

Anyways, I know na next time what to get...which I feel is gona be soon. :)

Offline Audio Excellence

• DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:

- AC Ryan Play On HD - network media player that can fit an internal 3.5 inch hard drive.  price is P6,500 each- NOW ON SALE FOR ONLY P4500.

Offline ehmarzo

• Collector
  • Liked:
Where can i bring my AC Ryan HD for repair?  after using it for a little over a year,  it suddenly stopped reading my hard drive or any external usb drive.   i can still see the program menu but it could not ready any media storage i connect to it.

please help.   san po ba mga service centers ng ac ryan dito sa philippines?

Offline Audio Excellence

• DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:
Where can i bring my AC Ryan HD for repair?  after using it for a little over a year,  it suddenly stopped reading my hard drive or any external usb drive.   i can still see the program menu but it could not ready any media storage i connect to it.

please help.   san po ba mga service centers ng ac ryan dito sa philippines?

First try updating the firmware of your media player at www.acryan.com, if they does not work, bring it to the distributor. Please check the link below for distributor details.

http://acryan.com/sg/acr/wheretobuy
Modify message

Offline ehmarzo

• Collector
  • Liked:
First try updating the firmware of your media player at www.acryan.com, if they does not work, bring it to the distributor. Please check the link below for distributor details.

http://acryan.com/sg/acr/wheretobuy
Modify message

Thank you Sir for your reply.  I brought it back to the shop where I bought it (electronics boutique)  they accepted it for repair for a cost (out of warranty),  3 weeks assessment period includes shipping time to manufacturer daw.    Hopefully hindi mahal ang singilin sa akin.