Author Topic: AC Ryan - Europe's most popular media player - now available in the Philippines  (Read 46496 times)

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Check out the AC Ryan video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3a2eFqtzn4

Offline nogo

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Now available in the Philippines the AC Ryan PlayOn HD ESSENTIAL:
Comes with 2 year warranty

The Playon!HD Essential allows you to store and enjoy all of your precious movies, music and photos in the comfort of your own living room. Free your media content from the limitations of your PC and let the Essential bring them to life in Full HD quality on your TV. The Playon!HD Essential is also the first in its class to offer an optional upgrade to network with the Essential Wireless N dongle, sold separately.

The Playon!HD Essential is designed for users who prefer an easy to use media player without the fuss of networking. Setting a new standard of performance in the class of media players with no network, this inexpensive, user friendly, no-network media player supports the most file formats including Blu-ray and DVD ISO. With exceptional quality and ease, the Playon!HD Essential, plays your media files from external drives (USB drives, USB hard disks, and media cards such as SD Cards). The pre-installed eco friendly, low noise, low power consumption HDD up to 2TB allows you to conveniently store all your media files in one central location.

The Playon!HD Essential makes entertainment simple and enjoyable for you, your family and friends. Simply transfer, store and play your media content with the Essential and enjoy High Definition entertainment, the way it should be.
More format support than any other no network media player.
Superior video quality High Definition 1080p.
Plays BD-ISO files including BD basic navigation.
Plays DVD IFO/ISO with full DVD menu and navigation support.
Supports more character sets (for non-English subtitles).
Completely unique, newly designed user interface (Playon!GUI2.0).
Smart content management (auto file indexing).

AC Ryan Media players are available in the following stores:
- Sight & Sounds - 6341789
- Ehome - 7445923
- Architectural Audio - 6215165
- AV Shop - 2161948
- Listening room - 6329577
- Listen up - 8185904
- SGT Home Theater - 8138443
- Cebu Circuits - 0322313598
- Acustic Dimension - 7561579
- Audible Illusion - 3743620

Hi sir sanjay, will AC Ryan media player will pass-through AAC 5.1 to HDMI?  Meron kasi ako WD Live pero matagal na problema itong AAC 5.1 pass-through d pa rin nabigyan ng pansin ni WD.
LG42LA6200
Marantz SR5008/NR1604(O)
BW685S2/Q3020 (O)
SVS PB1000/SB12NSD (O)
PCHA410
BD-F5500K

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
for users/owners, please give feedback on this player.

thinking of getting this one.
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:

Offline AICRAG

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Thanks Sir!

No one gave a feedback here. 

Bought 1 unit today.

got the Play on HD model( the one with component video output)  from Archi Audio.

Will "play" with this tonight  ;) ;)
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
Thanks Sir!

Bought 1 unit today.

got the Play on HD model( the one with component video output)  from Archi Audio.

The AC Ryan Play On HD has a new firmware update, I think architectural audio had updated all the ac ryan stock that they have, but in case they did not, you can download the firmware from www.acryan.com. Enjoy your new media player.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Thanks Sir!

Bought 1 unit today.

Yan ba sir yung may LAN port?
Walang Setup

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
The AC Ryan Play ON! HD has the LAN port, while the AC Ryan Essential is non network.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
The AC Ryan Play ON! HD has the LAN port, while the AC Ryan Essential is non network.

Magkano sir yung may Lan port?
Walang Setup

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
The AC RYAN Essential (non network media player) is P5,300.
The AC RYAN PLAY ON! HD (top of the line, network media player) is P8,300

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
The AC RYAN Essential (non network media player) is P5,300.
The AC RYAN PLAY ON! HD (top of the line, network media player) is P8,300

I saw on the site na hindi included ang DTS - Master na mag papass thru? Is this correct sir?
Walang Setup

Offline bononoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
interesting tong product na to. i dont have any NMT yet kasi sa dame ng choices sa market.  Im leaning to iXtreamer pero when I saw this, mukhang patok din.  haaay

Offline AICRAG

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Yan ba sir yung may LAN port?
Yes.  I bought the PlayOn HD.  Not the smaller PlayOn HD essential.  This one has component video output.
Pardon the late response as i was busy watching this weekend. :D ;D

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
I hope your enjoying your new AC Ryan Play On! HD.

Offline AICRAG

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I hope your enjoying your new AC Ryan Play On! HD.
Yes, Sir.  Kahit sa 1080i setting ng Tv nakangiti na ako  ;D

Offline ungas123

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
I've been an AC Ryan playon HD user for more than a year. My wife bought the unit when she was in singapore. Alll I can say is ok naman sya for my needs though firmware support is really bad. Just make sure you  use the latest stable firmware(which is still a release candidate for quite sometime).
Then they have promised a GUI 2.0 firmware that would come by dec 2010 but up to now, it is at beta stage :)

check out the firmware releases here: 
http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=44&id=0cd46b3fb93baca6d1ca003f720aeb02

if you are not happy with you firmware, you can use this
Latest Mede8er firmware unlocked for ACRyan PlayOn!HD and Mini V1.

V4.0.4 3/3/11

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3650644/Mede...or%20ACRyan.7z

Yes you can flash backwards and forwards between OE firmware and unlocked, using the safe method.

more info about the unlocked firmware here :
http://www.avforums.com/forums/streamers-network-media-players/1147338-playon-hd-mini-32.html

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
The beta version of GUI 2.0 works well. In fact all AC Ryan Play ON! HD and essentials sold in the Philippines have the latest firmware installed. The newest firmware represents a significate improvement in the user interface and performance of the AC Ryan media players.

Offline suavegabe

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
playonHD user here for a year now (also bought from SG). as far as playing movies, it's does it's job ok. on earlier firmwares (3875 and below i think) some movies (mkv files) didn't show pictures and needed to be remuxed. on newer firmwares (based from SDK 3 and 4) this seems to have been solved. i found firmwares based on SDK 3 to be really buggy so i'm currently using GUI 2.0 Beta (SDK 4). so far, ok naman apart from the sluggish menu. I also tried the hacked mede8er firmware with this and parang pareho lang naman with the other firmwares.

the only major problem that i have with this player is that I can't seem to access it via NAS mode with my computer. but from POHD, i can access my other NAS just fine and stream movies to it. then again it might be a problem with my router.

i also bought POHD2 (realtek 1185)for my father-in-law and so far, no complaints from him.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
AC Ryan Play ON! HD2 and Mini 2 will be available in the Philippines early next month.

Offline AICRAG

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
The thing I like with this Playon player is the ability to play the dvd files(VOB etc)  "as is".  No ripping needed. Plays just like a dvd would on a dedicated player.
This is my first and only media player so I don't know what other brands are like this.

Unfortunately, it does not play the BD menus.  Hopefully, the new "official" firmware of the GUI 2.0 can play this.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
Check out the AC Ryan Play On! HD on this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPUn22oSqM8&feature=related

Offline yakisoba

• Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
anyone has the AC Ryan HD 2?

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
anyone has the AC Ryan HD 2?

AC Ryan Play On HD2 will be available next week. The following stores will have them:

Sight & Sounds - 6341789
- Ehome - 7445923
- Architectural Audio - 6215165
- AV Shop - 2161948
- Listening room - 6329577
- Listen up - 8185904
- Cebu Circuits - 0322313598
- Acustic Dimension - 7561579
- Audible Illusion - 3743620

Offline suavegabe

• Collector
  • Liked:
official GUI 2.0 firmware is now available for 1073 based POHDs. installed it in my unit last weekend. interface is significantly faster and the auto-scan feature can now be turned off. apart from that, it's the same as the beta firmware. i'm pretty satisfied with it so far and will be using it instead of the hacked mede8er firmware.

Offline AICRAG

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
^same here.  just saw the announcement in the playon site this morning.  Installed the new FW a few minutes ago and saw the improvement in speed.  Same appearance with beta version but looks stable now with reagrds to functionalities. Loading and playing files is similar to 4824 FW version with regards to speed.(faster )
The scrolling time function while playing is back.  ;D ;D

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
check out a review of the ac ryan play on hd2 on a UK tech site:

http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/articles_pages/559,1.html

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
I just bought a play on hd2 today. I wanted to use an internal hdd that i use on my xtreamer pro. Only problem is the player is prompting me to format the drive which already has at least 1tb of data and it can't be recognized if i don't format. How can i use my internal hdd without formatting it?

Offline foxluckz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Mga sir pa PM naman kung sino po nagbebenta ng ac ryan essential with 1tb na loaded.. im from las pinas ang pque san ba nakakabili na malapit lang sa area ko thanks

Offline AICRAG

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I just bought a play on hd2 today. I wanted to use an internal hdd that i use on my xtreamer pro. Only problem is the player is prompting me to format the drive which already has at least 1tb of data and it can't be recognized if i don't format. How can i use my internal hdd without formatting it?
bro merong sa "set-up" na setting for HDD format.  turn off mo lang.  initial setting kasi nyan naka "on".
One time "off" lang naman yan.  hindi na kailangang gawin ulit evertytime you turn it on.
after that oks na oks na ulit buhay.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:

Hi, pls go to the set up section of the menu. You can find the setting to turn on/off the hard drive format request.