Author Topic: Is Devant any good?  (Read 18701 times)

Offline bewrong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Is Devant any good?
« on: Jul 19, 2011 at 08:40 PM »
Ayus ba ang devant na tatak? planning to buy a 40 inch tv. mura yung sa devant compared to samsung and sony. pero syempre trusted na yung sony and samsung. hinde ko lang alam kung okay to before i buy. for referrence 5k ang difference pero yung devant me kasamang home theatre and player

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Is Devant any good?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 11:12 PM »
from previous reads, they say na wala namang r&d ang devant they just rebardge generic panels from china. if i were you id prefer the popular brands.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline bewrong

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 05:57 AM »
from previous reads, they say na wala namang r&d ang devant they just rebardge generic panels from china. if i were you id prefer the popular brands.

thank you very much :)

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 205
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 07:31 AM »

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 07:56 AM »
you might wanna check out the 42 ld460 i saw in rob gallerias appliance center over the weekend.kahit 2010 model pa yun e id take that over devant anytime.  ;)

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 07:57 AM »
display unit sya btw.24k.

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 04:02 PM »
display unit sya btw.24k.

mura nito sir, pero dagdag ka na lang konti magkakaroon ka na din ng bnew pana plasma 42" x30 tv, so bat ka pa mag de-devant? ;)

Offline ezkerovalatzky

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 04:21 PM »
^
^

I think is pao is referring to LG 42LD460 which is 24K since it's a display unit.

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 05:54 PM »
you might wanna check out the 42 ld460 i saw in rob gallerias appliance center over the weekend.kahit 2010 model pa yun e id take that over devant anytime.  ;)

just a word of caution bro, you might wanna check the info on that TV on how many hours it has been totally used already. imho, its better for me to buy Bnew non-branded TV than a very worn out branded one. It's like buying a bnew picanto vs Altis Taxi cab.

i've been almost a victim of this because of lack of supplies of LD460 before. good thing this LG TV has this feature and when I checked, it already clocked in 1050+ man hours. and that's equivalent to 44full days or 88 (12hour store operation) days. now hwo wants to buy a worn out TV even if they give out discounts. and what they were saying was it's only for display for just a week hehehe.

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 05:56 PM »
just a word of caution bro, you might wanna check the info on that TV on how many hours it has been totally used already. imho, its better for me to buy Bnew non-branded TV than a very worn out branded one. It's like buying a bnew picanto vs Altis Taxi cab.

i've been almost a victim of this because of lack of supplies of LD460 before. good thing this LG TV has this feature and when I checked, it already clocked in 1050+ man hours. and that's equivalent to 44full days or 88 (12hour store operation) days. now hwo wants to buy a worn out TV even if they give out discounts. and what they were saying was it's only for display for just a week hehehe.

>:( >:( >:(

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 06:31 PM »

thats a nice feature ha. wish we have that sa mga pana plasmas para madali mag monitor ng break in period.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 07:12 PM »
i have been hunting for the past few days and i am strongly considering devant. The 42 inches sells for 39K with free HT worth 14.5K and bracket worth 1.5 K.. I have seen several units that are more popular like LG, Samsung but open box mura talaga kaso nga display unit mejo nakakatakot na din kase nga luma na, yung devant comes with the full warranty, ganda ng features and whats nice 12 months to pay zero interest, first payment starting november.

now if i cant get a panasonic, or sharp or lg at that kind of an offer, i will get the branded ones.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #12 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 07:19 PM »
i have been hunting for the past few days and i am strongly considering devant. The 42 inches sells for 39K with free HT worth 14.5K and bracket worth 1.5 K.. I have seen several units that are more popular like LG, Samsung but open box mura talaga kaso nga display unit mejo nakakatakot na din kase nga luma na, yung devant comes with the full warranty, ganda ng features and whats nice 12 months to pay zero interest, first payment starting november.

now if i cant get a panasonic, or sharp or lg at that kind of an offer, i will get the branded ones.

Lahat yata ng tv nila with FREE bracket.  :) Galeng!

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #13 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 08:41 PM »
thats a nice feature ha. wish we have that sa mga pana plasmas para madali mag monitor ng break in period.

yup buti may ganitong feature LG at least you would really know how old your TV is.

i cant say anything bad about Devant because my old 32in. Devant TV has served me well. bought it December 2008. til now oks pa yung PQ and SQ ng built-in speakers nya.i already gave it to my mom after getting my 42ld460.

Offline Ramp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 10:54 PM »
We also have a devant 22 inch 2009 model. No problems so far.

Just a minor issue for me is when i change channels yung sound nasa next channel na but the picture has a minor delay in changing. (even when it was still brand new). But then again this is a older model maybe the newer ones aren't like this.

I've seen their LED series at the malls and they look impressive.

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 08:21 AM »

how do you go about checking it pala?hmmm..imho,it's better to save muna and buy a branded tv,as opposed to buying a non branded one which would most likely conk out on you before the branded one does. :)
someone has to be really dumb (or uninformed?) to buy an LD460 and believe that it has been on display for only a week,when we all know that this is a 2010 model. ;D
anyhow,thanks for the heads up. ;)

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 09:43 AM »
You can check the used time for ld460 models by pressing the red button and go to product/service info and then go to used time. Used to have a 26" devant (forgot the model) and it was ok but had to let it go kasi 1 lang ang HDMI input which was frustrating for me.

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 10:20 AM »
You can check the used time for ld460 models by pressing the red button and go to product/service info and then go to used time. Used to have a 26" devant (forgot the model) and it was ok but had to let it go kasi 1 lang ang HDMI input which was frustrating for me.

Let me go ahead and check that unit sa galleria.Heck,I'll do it now.

On my way.Thanks bro.  :)

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 11:27 AM »
ubos na daw yung LG nila na ld460,pre order na lang daw.sayang di ko nacheck yung naka display hehehe

Offline louie1

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #19 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 11:48 AM »
i have 2 DeVants LCDs, 37" (3yrs old)and 32"(almost 1 yr)..i find it less expensive and fits the purpose ;D ;D ;D
both still alive and kicking ;D ;D ;D..turtored with daily noontime shows and primetime telenobelas ;D ;D ;D
power socket at the bottom and HDMI on sides so very easy for wall mounting.. ;D

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM »
i have 2 DeVants LCDs, 37" (3yrs old)and 32"(almost 1 yr)..i find it less expensive and fits the purpose ;D ;D ;D
both still alive and kicking ;D ;D ;D..turtored with daily noontime shows and primetime telenobelas ;D ;D ;D
power socket at the bottom and HDMI on sides so very easy for wall mounting.. ;D

good for you brader. :)

kaya ko lang naman ayaw sa devant,etc e yung bro in law ko he had 2 37's conk out on him within the same year.kaya kahit nung una gusto ko sana kumaha kahit pang kitchen lang,e wag na lang.

Offline louie1

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #21 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 01:51 PM »
good for you brader. :)

kaya ko lang naman ayaw sa devant,etc e yung bro in law ko he had 2 37's conk out on him within the same year.kaya kahit nung una gusto ko sana kumaha kahit pang kitchen lang,e wag na lang.

to date i dont find thier prices as competitive as before, if in case i'll do upgrade i'll try other brands like pana/LG or samsung ;D ;D ;D

Offline ris

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jul 22, 2011 at 10:23 PM »
magkakaroon ata ng sale ang devant at nextbase this end of july.  sa state center sa juan luna,binondo.  fyi.  nakita ko lang naka post nung dumaan ako.

Offline Borris28

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 22, 2011 at 10:38 PM »
ako i have a 32 inch na devant so far ok naman, medyo mahina lang talaga volume ng tv