Author Topic: CDRKING BLU-RAY  (Read 136017 times)

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
Re: CDRKING BLU-RAY
« Reply #30 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 01:49 PM »
hehe..what if we all chip in 100 pesos and do a cdrking bd player eb.  :D ;D The ones who have Region B bluray disc, pls bring it na din. Whether satisfied or dissatisfied, We will raffle off the test player at the end haha.. Loss mo lang 100 pesos either way (ganda or pangit). Kung region free and excellent player, parang 100 lang premium to attend and find out. If pangit, parang 100 pesos gift/donation. ;D. If it conks out in a year, then I have no answer to that haha.. ;D

We need at least 40 people and a place to test  ;D  haha..

Very nice idea brader!  yun nga lang 40 people na risk takers!  ;D count me in!

no guts, no glory / patay kung patay!  :D  ;D  hehehe
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2011 at 01:50 PM by wengkapre »
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #31 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 01:49 PM »
hehe..what if we all chip in 100 pesos and do a cdrking bd player eb.  :D ;D The ones who have Region B bluray disc, pls bring it na din. Whether satisfied or dissatisfied, We will raffle off the test player at the end haha.. Loss mo lang 100 pesos either way (ganda or pangit). Kung region free and excellent player, parang 100 lang premium to attend and find out. If pangit, parang 100 pesos gift/donation. ;D. If it conks out in a year, then I have no answer to that haha.. ;D

We need at least 40 people and a place to test ;D haha..

Bright IDEA!!!  ;D
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline Prometheus75

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 03:02 PM »
punta kau sa cdrking na may tv tapos dala kau bluray disc and test nio hehe.
pwede naman test lang dun e.

Problema lang kahit payagang ipa-test 'yung BD player in-store, the cd-r king LCD TV that it will be tested on doesn't exactly have the prettiest resolution either (based on what I've observed from its onscreen demos), so chances are hindi rin magiging fair ang assessement. So, whatdo we do then? Bring our own region A/B BD title AND our own LCD screen na rin? :D :D :D
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 03:36 PM »
hehe..what if we all chip in 100 pesos and do a cdrking bd player eb.  :D ;D The ones who have Region B bluray disc, pls bring it na din. Whether satisfied or dissatisfied, We will raffle off the test player at the end haha.. Loss mo lang 100 pesos either way (ganda or pangit). Kung region free and excellent player, parang 100 lang premium to attend and find out. If pangit, parang 100 pesos gift/donation. ;D. If it conks out in a year, then I have no answer to that haha.. ;D

Nice one brader ;)

Pag malapit lang sa place ko yung pagte-testingan nyan, sama ako ;D
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #34 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 05:12 PM »
hehe..what if we all chip in 100 pesos and do a cdrking bd player eb.  :D ;D The ones who have Region B bluray disc, pls bring it na din. Whether satisfied or dissatisfied, We will raffle off the test player at the end haha.. Loss mo lang 100 pesos either way (ganda or pangit). Kung region free and excellent player, parang 100 lang premium to attend and find out. If pangit, parang 100 pesos gift/donation. ;D. If it conks out in a year, then I have no answer to that haha.. ;D

That's a good idea Ray. :D Another option is you may proceed to buy the unit & test it out. Then you can provide feedbacks to all those who are willing to pay P100 thru PM (that's your service fee or guinea pig incentive). I think that's fair. I'm fine with either option. Count me in... ;D 

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2375
« Reply #35 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 10:57 PM »
haha..thanks guys. Ya Paul I like that. ;D That's a great incentive hehe. ;D

Out of excitement and of course me being impatient, I went to cdrking trinoma tonight and they had this player playing on a cdrking 40 inch lcd. Can you believe it? They have na din tvs :o Anyway, when I first saw it they were playing transformers 2. I was unimpressed. It doesn't look hidef. I asked the lady several times and she told me its a bluray copy. I seriously doubt and wanted to double check. I asked for the disc and to my relief its a dvd copy.

My excitement/urge ;D really kicked in this time and I checked the remote and the player. I did not have a bd with me, so went to Astro ;D and bought 27 dresses. Good thing its 750 pesos. ;D, Meron pa the sale..After deciding for almost an hour. I ended up buying this player ;D..

1. Its a small, light player. The build is parang those generic dvd players - orange, pensonic.
2. Remote is not great, what do you expect from a 4 thousand made in Taiwan player. (sabi ng lady taiwan daw)
3. It can bitstream hd. Connected thru my Onkyo 608, Dts hdma no problem.
4. It plays only Region A bluray, as far  as I know. It's also stated in the manual.
5. It plays Region 1 and region 3 dvds. So I guess it's all region for dvds.
6. Menu looks ok, but it does not have a comprehensive video/audio settings (ex. brightness, contrast,etc.) I still have to play around with it.
7. Pq is the same as my Sony 350 bluray player. Excellent..
8. Loading time is pretty slow, I tried 27 dresses and it took around 40 seconds. My sony is a little faster.
9. When you press eject, the front led does not indicate "open" right away, it will take a couple of seconds, so you just have to wait for it.
10. I tried a 4 gig flash drive, Anastasia.mkv (3.8 gig file), it worked.

So far, this is my impressions. After testing it tonight, my verdict and first impression is its a great player. A real value for money. A great backup player. Something you can abuse and carry/move around the house, take it to someones place etc. Hey it 3990 pesos.  ;)

This is just my impression, I'm pretty impressed. ;) ;D Whether this player will last? That's for us buyers to find out. ;D But I really think it will last. Even expensive players conk out sometimes. I have some dvd players that won't even conk out, sa tagal na. ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2011 at 11:00 PM by Moks007 »

Offline jnazareta

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #36 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 10:58 PM »

Count me in sir...

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 11:05 PM »
hehe, I went crazy and overboard tonight and went ahead and got the player. I felt a little guilty spending but its for my living room and family members to watch ;D

Offline jnazareta

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 11:09 PM »
Sir moks007 if you plan to sell it I'm here lang.. hehehe.. some CDR-king products are OK din naman.. I got my HDMI cable from them 6 months ago and it's still working till now...I also got an external DVDRW from them and still working fine till now.. it depends na lang on the user and on how to take care of the product.. as we know lahat tayo here at pinoydvd are taking good care of out gears.. ika nga ng wife ko.. mas mahal ko paraw yung kabit(mga gear ko) kesa sa kanya.. kasi laging kong hinihimas ang ginagamit.. WINK! hehehehe...

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 12:44 AM »
Congrat to Raymond for getting the CDR BD player. Because of bad influence from you now I also ended up with it. ;D

My initial finding  which is similar to Raymond's:
-Loading time for BD is indeed quite slow but for DVD it's fine.
-It plays any region DVD. I tested DVD with R1, R2, R3 & R4, all played properly.
-No problem with PQ & SQ.

Considering the price of this player it's indeed value for money & it's a great incentive for those who wanted to try out BDs, :)

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 215
« Reply #40 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 01:59 AM »
^ Is there an optical out? Or can it already output multi-channel sound from the Coaxial or HDMI?
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011 at 02:01 AM by Dan »

Offline jnazareta

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 03:06 AM »
Congrat to Raymond for getting the CDR BD player. Because of bad influence from you now I also ended up with it. ;D

My initial finding  which is similar to Raymond's:
-It plays any region DVD. I tested DVD with R1, R2, R3 & R4, all played properly.

Considering the price of this player it's indeed value for money & it's a great incentive for those who wanted to try out BDs, :)

Nice one paul.. if you guys change your mind on this BD player I'm just a PM away.. hehehe...
BTW nice review.. this will interest people like me with tight budget to get one.. hehehe...just hoping that the player wont conk out easily...

Paul can do a torture test on the player to see how many hours it can last? hehehe... ;D ;D ;D

Offline shatterstar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 04:37 AM »
so how long is the warranty?

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 05:48 AM »
so how long is the warranty?

6 months  ;)

^ Is there an optical out? Or can it already output multi-channel sound from the Coaxial or HDMI?

No. You can use either Coaxial or HDMI. :)

Paul can do a torture test on the player to see how many hours it can last? hehehe... ;D ;D ;D

Yes bro, let's hope it can last many many hours of usage...but I may never able to find out cos a new owner may take over in the near future. ;D

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 06:17 AM »

My initial finding  which is similar to Raymond's:

Congrats Paul, now our wife and daughter will not bother us in our home theater batcave haha...I can't watch violence in front of my daughter and I can't watch my guilty pleasures in front of my wife haha..Now they both have a player to watch. ;) One of the reasons I bought this player is bec. I have a lot of bd's and I don't want to download each and every movie that I have when I want to watch it in my living room. Also, I have a more comfy sofa there and no aircon ;D, so I can watch outside sometimes on weekends and save a lot on electricity. SARS will never end for all of us.. ;D Now I want to upgrade my receiver there and also those satellite speakers that I have hehe.. ;D

Yes agree with you a pretty nice player for a bd starter kit.

I will do a torture test on this player. ;D

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011 at 07:09 AM by Moks007 »

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #45 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 07:06 AM »
have you tried connecting this to your home lan and stream movies from it?

thanks!

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 07:10 AM »
Thanks to Moks and pchin for the info!  

CD-R King should expect BD player sales to spike after those posts ...  ;)

It doesn't play AVCHD?

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 07:28 AM »

thanks!

;D Sorry I'm really not a techie guy ;D. I don't connect my lan to my bd players. So I haven't really used bd live or streaming. I think maybe Pchin will know that.

Thanks to Moks and pchin for the info! 

CD-R King should expect BD player sales to spike after those posts ...  ;)

It doesn't play AVCHD?

Thanks sir. So far, I'm pretty impressed. But you guys can actually check it out in Cdrking trinoma, bec. they have a player hooked up on their 40 inch lcd. But make sure bring your own bd.

I have a couple of avchd lying around somewhere bec. I remember buying a couple of discs from Listening in Style. I still have to look for them and try them. Sa alam ko these are avchd format discs.

Also to add, I tried connecting my 500g seagate thru its usb input and it will not read it. I think Pchin confirms this also. We will try again later.

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #48 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 07:36 AM »
thanks sir ;)

Also to add, I tried connecting my 500g seagate thru its usb input and it will not read it. I think Pchin confirms this also. We will try again later.

:(

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 08:27 AM »
Did a couple more testing. On my way to office.

Will post my feedbacks when I'm in office. Some good news & some bad news...  :-[

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #50 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 08:56 AM »
Bad news first..... ouch.  8)
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline den1224

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #51 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 10:33 AM »
Did a couple more testing. On my way to office.

Will post my feedbacks when I'm in office. Some good news & some bad news...  :-[

Looking forward to your feedback Paul.   ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:17 AM »
It doesn't play AVCHD?

That's part of the good news atty. I tested a few formats: avi, dvix, avchd, etc all of them can play without any hiccup. :)

Loading time for an inserted BD will take about 30 secs. The longest one I tested was 50 secs. Most of the BDs I tried the loading time was around 30 secs. But if you stop playback halfway & will restart the BD from beginning, loading time is about 5 secs only (the longest one I tested was 12 secs).

I also tested on my existing Panasonic BD65 player. To my surprise actually the CDR BDp loading speed is at par with my Panasonic BD65 player. :D

As for the regular DVD loading, you have nothing to worry about. It's like Speedy Gonzales... :D

Other observations:
-During each loading process, the disc spinning noise is quite loud & can be heard at my listening position which is about 12.5 feet away. I don't mind the noise, no big deal as it lasted for a few seconds only. :)

-The eject (disc tray open/close) has a very slow response time. The moment you click open/close it will take about 5-6 secs before it responses. Parang slow motion. Hence, you need to be patient & can't rush things... ;D  

-All discs tested successfully including orig BD (from US & HK), Jack Sparrow BD, DVD (R1 to R4), burned discs (DVD, avi, dvix, AVCHD, etc)

-As for the USB connection, similar to Raymond's situation, I tried my 500gb & 1tb external but the player won't read or can't detect them. Raymond tried his 4gb memory stick & it worked fine. So my suspicious is the player could only read FAT32 file system & not NTFS (both my 500gb & 1tb are in NTFS). This is similar to PS3 which accepts FAT32 only. I will have to verify this after work.

-My torture test: play around with the remote commands (play, stop, pause, fast forward, skip, etc) continuously & eject the tray, change disc, close & reload, stop the disc & eject to change disc, etc...over a long period of time... (I just hope it won't conk out suddenly, anyway I have 6-mth warranty to play with) ;D

Overall, I'm pleased with this simple player & find it to be robust. With its cheap & affordable price (no frills), it's indeed an entry level BDp worth considering esp for those with tight budget, cost conscious or simply want to get their feet wet into Blu-ray. This can also act as a back-up player. :)

With the introduction of this CDR King BD player, there is no other better time to jump into the BD bandwagon & experience what are all the fuzz about. ;D

However, for those who are more into NMT, a dedicated media player will be a better solution. Just my 2 cents worth.  :)
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:38 AM by pchin »

Offline Prometheus75

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:22 AM »
^

Let the stampede begin!!!
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:26 AM »
Thanks for the reviews!  ;D Maasahan talaga ang PDVD pagdating sa ganito.... very nice.  ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:29 AM »
Btw, is there anyone that can lend us his BD region B (from Europe)? Will be nice as well to find out if the player can handle BD multi-region though I doubt it can. :)

This will be included in my next round of testing. :)

Offline mrclark

• Collector
  • A PinoyDVD reader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #56 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:35 AM »

3. It can bitstream hd. Connected thru my Onkyo 608, Dts hdma no problem.

Hello Moks007,
Does it have an audio output wherein I can connect it to my Samsung DVD HTIB player so that the sounds will play out to my 5.1 speakers?

Thanks for the review...

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:37 AM »
Sirs, what about heat tests? Mabilis ba uminit? Thanks...

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:42 AM »
Sirs, what about heat tests? Mabilis ba uminit? Thanks...

I used the unit for over an hour & the heat is very minimal. Will try to observe the unit during a prolong usage. :)

How about your unit Raymond?
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:43 AM by pchin »

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #59 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 11:49 AM »
@ Sir Paul & Sir moks - nice review po  ;)

naupscale din po ba nya yung dvd movie? 720p-1080p?

panext in line na din po sa bdp nyo pag bibitawan nyo na po ;D
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC