Author Topic: CDRKING BLU-RAY  (Read 137845 times)

Offline mrclark

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • A PinoyDVD reader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: CDRKING BLU-RAY
« Reply #180 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 05:51 AM »
HTIB DVD players usually only have one input which is optical.

Thanks Conan...
what is the optical input use for?

oh well, maybe I'll just have to wait for CDR-King to come out with its own HTIB blu-ray player   ;D

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #181 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 08:06 AM »
It's actually the entire Inception BD disc. Playing the disc from the moment you put it in the player to watching it, there's no problem. And I discover just now that includes the pause function when you use it.

But if you choose to stop the disc at anytime. That's where the issues arise. When you press stop, the CDR king player kicks you back to the setup screen. Play Inception again and it will ask you to either resume where you stopped or start from the beginning.

Choose to resume and it plays the disc where you left off. My player did a few things after it started playing. the sound would skip out. Pause works but it worsens the lag. Now, all it does is pause. It's crazy, but hopefully isolated to just the Inception BD. I haven't experienced these problems--yet--with my other BDs.

So, in my case with my Inception BD: Don't resume! Use the chapter select. Can you try out different tests with your resume function on this BD?

Try looking at the 40:45 mark. Does yours "hiccup"? Now, rewind to that mark again and try pausing. What happens to me is it keeps playing, them stutters, then gets laggy. hit fast forward for a few seconds and everything alright again.

These small glitches happen where the "Extraction point" special feature intersects. But as far as watching the whole movie uninterrupted is concerned, the CDR king player still fares much better running the Inception BD than the Samsung player.

I tried it out & yes you're right there is an audio drop-out issue after I stopped & playback again. But this drop-out is inconsistent. Sometimes it occurs other times it doesn't. Yes the 40:45 also has a hiccup. I think it's really the Inception disc as I tried other BD & can't find similar problem.

Another weird thing, in one instance, the "disc loading" logo in the center of my screen got stuck & fix at that position while the film is playing (it won't disappear)...  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2011 at 08:09 AM by pchin »

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #182 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 08:19 AM »
Now maybe Sir Alfie's suggestion would really do the work (Hacking)  ;)

I've been trying out a lot of hacks, but none works, maybe it's time we send a feedback to CDR-King and request as Barrister suggested to help us liberate the region (but careful with the words) since that's the story on how the Sonix and Bauhn Bluray players got hacked. An owner from Australia wrote a feedback to the companies and the company in turn asked the Chinese manufacturer who then provided them with the codes, now Sonix and Bauhn Bluray palyers are "region adjustable for Bluray and regionfree for DVDs"

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #183 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 08:34 AM »
Ah yes, I remember. Small world indeed ;) So, did you get your three-layer rack?
The stock that they have will not fit. I'll wait for the other smaller model. Planning to get this BD player too once I've disposed off some of my gears.  :)

Keep us informed on the progress of your testing.

I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #184 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 09:31 AM »
Thanks Conan...
what is the optical input use for?

oh well, maybe I'll just have to wait for CDR-King to come out with its own HTIB blu-ray player   ;D

Hehehe @ CDRKing HTIB bluray.... well, I have the same situation as you... only optical input for my HTIB. Ugh. Maybe there'll be a CDRKING Blu-Ray Player Version 2 soon with "optical input"... Hehehe. I wish!  :P
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 09:47 AM »
Maybe there'll be a CDRKING Blu-Ray Player Version 2 soon with "optical input"... Hehehe. I wish!  :P

You mean optical output.

Why not?  Their next model should have an optical out, because many of their customers need it for HTiB.

But their current batch of players must get sold out first before they can order a new batch with optical out.

Maybe they're still testing the market.

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 09:51 AM »
Ah, yes... haha. Sorry. Optical output for the Bluray Player and Optical input for the HTIB... thanks.. haha.  ;D

Offline rogvillareal

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 12:30 PM »
Good day mga sir, tanong lang po meron po akong Sanyo LCD 32k ViZion HD ready lang hindi pa po Full HD, gagana po kya sa CDr king Blueray player balak ko po sanang kumuha

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #188 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 12:36 PM »
Good day mga sir, tanong lang po meron po akong Sanyo LCD 32k ViZion HD ready lang hindi pa po Full HD, gagana po kya sa CDr king Blueray player balak ko po sanang kumuha

yes sir but display would only be in 720p or 1080i

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 12:42 PM »

Sir, anong difference ng 1080p sa 1080i?  ???

Thanks...

Offline rogvillareal

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 01:34 PM »

Sir pasensya na follow up Q?gamit ko po Extreme DVD player with upscaling, malaki ba talaga differrence ng PQ ng Blue ray? tenx po uli

Offline mrclark

• Collector
  • A PinoyDVD reader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #191 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 01:38 PM »
Hehehe @ CDRKing HTIB bluray.... well, I have the same situation as you... only optical input for my HTIB. Ugh. Maybe there'll be a CDRKING Blu-Ray Player Version 2 soon with "optical input"... Hehehe. I wish!  :P

Oo nga e, still can't join the blu-ray club   ::)

Offline gunslinger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 01:40 PM »
Sir pasensya na follow up Q?gamit ko po Extreme DVD player with upscaling, malaki ba talaga differrence ng PQ ng Blue ray? tenx po uli

Kung DVD ang source mo ngayon and will be using Bluray kaya ka bibili neto, malaki. Pero if you will be using the same source, I don't think there won't be much difference. Yun nga lang, ready ka na if ever you plan to move into bluray.

Offline rogvillareal

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 01:48 PM »
what I mean sir , the difference of 720p upscaled vs. 720p blue ray ,  or 1080i upscaled vs. 1080i of blue ray resolution

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 814
« Reply #194 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 01:50 PM »
what I mean sir , the difference of 720p upscaled vs. 720p blue ray ,  or 1080i upscaled vs. 1080i of blue ray resolution

I think that the upscalers in DVD players pale in comaprison to Blu-Ray players.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline gunslinger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 01:53 PM »
I don't see much difference between my LGBD530 and Toshiba XDE500 for DVD playback in terms of upscaling. Maganda pareho. ;D

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #196 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 02:19 PM »
what I mean sir , the difference of 720p upscaled vs. 720p blue ray ,  or 1080i upscaled vs. 1080i of blue ray resolution

SD & HD are two different animals. Always go for HD source if you want the best possible video quality for your display (assuming you have a HDTV). :)
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2011 at 02:20 PM by pchin »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 03:47 PM »

Blu-ray is still better because upscaling is harder to do than downscaling.

Downscaling simply discards unnecessary pixels, leaving behind only all-original pixels.

But upscaling manufactures additional pixels where none existed before.  The software has to make a "best guess" as to how those additional pixels should look like.  That's difficult enough for a still photo; imagine how much harder that would be for video. 

That's why it's easier to downscale than to upscale.   

Offline pooch

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 03:56 PM »
agree.. upscaling is like cheating  ;D

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #199 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 04:06 PM »
Blu-ray is still better because upscaling is harder to do than downscaling.

Downscaling simply discards unnecessary pixels, leaving behind only all-original pixels.

But upscaling manufactures additional pixels where none existed before.  The software has to make a "best guess" as to how those additional pixels should look like.  That's difficult enough for a still photo; imagine how much harder that would be for video. 

That's why it's easier to downscale than to upscale.   

Actually, mas hindi pansinin sa VIDEO kaysa sa STILL PHOTO. Kasi moving ang video kaya madaling madaya ang mata. Pero sa PHOTO pag tinitigan mong mabuti kita mo lahat ng imperfections...   ;D
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 04:36 PM »
What about the audio sounds... malaki din ba ang difference sa DVD compared sa Bluray?

Yan ang controversial. 

Malaki ang difference ng audio specs, pero sa actual listening, pareho lang.  Kung may improvement man ang high def audio ng Blu-ray, konting konti lang siguro.

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 04:37 PM »
Yan ang controversial. 

Malaki ang difference ng audio specs, pero sa actual listening, pareho lang.  Kung may improvement man ang high def audio ng Blu-ray, konting konti lang siguro.

Hey thanks for answering my question. I deleted my post thinking na it's out of topic na sa CDRKING Blu-ray topic. I'm such a noob with Bluray... but thanks for answering my question.  :-*

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 04:49 PM »
Ok lang yon sir.

After a newbie asks about the BD video improvement, logically, his next question should be about the BD audio improvement.  ;)

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 219
« Reply #203 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 07:03 PM »
The sound coming out doesn't seem any different, although the bass seems much wider and stronger.

Stress Testers, did you see the "secret" option in the settings menu? I believe it's either in the "system" or "network" menu.

Go into the sub-options and on the first one you'll notice an arrow pointing up. Push up and it'll highlight an empty menu item. Push enter and it will give you a message saying there's an error in the update server or something.

Hm, does this mean we can update the software/firmware via the net connection on this thing? Or maybe not since it looks like a function that didn't get in on time.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 08:36 PM »
Sir, anong difference ng 1080p sa 1080i?  ???

Thanks...

The "p" stands for progressive. The "i" stands for interlaced.

If you have an old CRT TV, that uses an interlace signal. LCD screens use progressive signals.

Here's an old CNET article that may help you understand more:

http://reviews.cnet.com/1080i-vs-1080p-hdtv/

Offline Prometheus75

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 09:39 PM »
Just finished watching back-to-back DVDs of Hannibal (R3) and Saving Private Ryan (R1). These are on top of the BDs of Inglourious Basterds, The Day After Tomorrow, Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief and Avatar that I've already play tested on the unit since Sunday.

So far, everything seems to be working fine. My only gripe right now is the very noticeable delay in the response of the main console to any and all button presses on the remote. I've already crossed out batteries, thumb pressure and seating distance as the culprit, so unless I just happen to have ended up with a faulty remote, then I guess "delayed response time" would be one of the minor downsides to this player.

By the way, I don't seem to be hearing any sort of mechanical (i.e. vibrating, whirring, etc.) sound coming from the console during playback. Or maybe my volume is just turned up too loud. Or I'm too busy grinning at the great purchase this baby is increasingly turning out to be :)
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2011 at 09:41 PM by Prometheus75 »
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM »
The response of my remote has been snappy so far. The funny thing, while we were testing the unit at CDRKing, their LCD TV began responding to the remote like it was on the same IR frequency as the player. Whenever the salesman pressed fast forward, the player will do accordingly but the TV begins to display its settings menu  ;D

I can hear some mechanical sounds from my player but only during the beginning as it loads the bluray disc. After a few seconds it becomes silent. I listened closely during normal operation--based on some reports of the testers here that it's a bit noisy--but it's quiet. It only has the quiet high pitched screeches whenever I fast forward, rewind, or skip/search a chapter.

Offline Prometheus75

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 04:28 AM »
I had the same "identical IR frequency" situation with the NextBase DVD player and separate 5.1 speakers that I bought many years ago. I'd press the fast forward button on the DVD remote, and all of a sudden the volume on the speakers would go up. Or I'd press the 2.1/5.1 output selector on the speaker remote, and the DVD player would inexplicably mute the movie, or speed up the playback (2x, 4x, etc.).

Lesson: never use the same, relatively unknown Asian brand of electronics in tandem ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2011 at 06:34 AM by Prometheus75 »
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
« Reply #208 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 06:19 AM »
My remote is pretty responsive, except the eject. It has a 2 to 3 second lag before the "open" word come out sa LED. I like the fast forward, 128x. ;D.

Offline gunslinger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 06:30 AM »
Yan ang controversial. 

For me, dito nagkakatalo ang bluray versus DVD or the HDRips na 4-10 GB lang.  I find the bluray disc source clearer and fuller in terms of SQ as compared to its DVD counterpart or the downloadable version. I haven't tried a full BDrip file though. It maybe comparable to the bluray given its bigger file size and supposed to be a direct replica of the BD disc.