Author Topic: The Masters 2011  (Read 537 times)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Masters 2011
« on: Apr 11, 2011 at 07:29 AM »
I wonder how the Philippines would have celebrated if Pinoy Aussie Jason Day had won today?  He really had a very good chance of winning the Masters, if not for the birdie barage of the eventual winner from South Africa.  I rooted hard for Jason from start to end, that despite the electrifying front nine charge of Tiger.

Jason Day talks like an Aussie but looks 100% Filipino - like a good looking tall Pinoy in the street.  I read he had a tough life when his Aussie Dad passed away while he was still young and his Filipina mother Dening had to look after him and his 2 siblings.  Dening must be a very proud mother now.

Oh, Jason Day has a really hot wife.  Only in his early 20s, I hope he continues to shine in the PGA hereon.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2011 at 07:41 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: The Masters 2011
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM »
Rory choked big time.  :(

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 12:47 PM »
Rory did choke on the par 4 10th with a triple bogey.

its nice to see young guns in the majors, nice to see also too my old favs fred couples and ernie els in the field (although big easy was at the back of the field)

now sergio and tiger aint so young na bigla he..he i feel old too :( :D

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 04:33 PM »
I wonder how the Philippines would have celebrated if Pinoy Aussie Jason Day had won today?  He really had a very good chance of winning the Masters, if not for the birdie barage of the eventual winner from South Africa.  I rooted hard for Jason from start to end, that despite the electrifying front nine charge of Tiger.

Jason Day talks like an Aussie but looks 100% Filipino - like a good looking tall Pinoy in the street.  I read he had a tough life when his Aussie Dad passed away while he was still young and his Filipina mother Dening had to look after him and his 2 siblings.  Dening must be a very proud mother now.

Oh, Jason Day has a really hot wife.  Only in his early 20s, I hope he continues to shine in the PGA hereon.

Oh, he's Noy-pi.  He played one hell of a game with a 12 under.  And he almost won!  Sayang. 

But with all due respect to kabayang Jason and to winner Charl, the biggest story of this Masters is Tiger Woods, again. He didn't win.  He didn't putt well ( 3 putted 6 times ). But the front 9 ( 4 birdies & and an eagle ) with pump fists and all were enough to send the Augusta crowd into frenzy.  And enough to send the early leaders like Rory to panic.  Sounds familiar?.  I think Tiger is the only golfer who can command a "ginebra like" atmosphere in the golf course.  Tama ka - electrifying.  And just like MJ when he first came out of retirement, Tiger is back.  Not good news for the others.

As for Kabayang Jason, Mabuhay ang Pilipinas.  Sana magtagumpay ka pa.  Hot wives may not sit well with successful golfers ( go ask Tiger ) but who knows?  Maybe a Pinoy can prove them wrong.

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 06:02 PM »
Happy for Tiger with his his comeback (just came up short) in the last round. After a horrible 3rd round (now I wonder if he had a "fair" 3rd round where he'll end up in 4th round) he was just 3 back from the leaders. I just hope that this is that "corner" that he needs to turn to return to greatness. He'll just have to give Kobe a call on how to come back from all of this  ;D ;D ;D

Unfortunately, it looked like Karl Schwartzer (???) had his name written all over that green jacket. There was a long pitch that went in for an eagle, and another long putt (he actually used a 7-iron) that went in for a birdie. And then finished it off with 3 birdies on the last 3 holes.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV