Offline Zaldo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:2003 MFF: Sanib a RIP-OFF of The Exorcist
« Reply #30 on: Jun 15, 2003 at 12:03 PM »
I want to express my opinions regarding Kris Aquino but it will be unprintable...  ;)

Post your thought about Kris. You can do it.

Offline RitchieNolasco

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jun 16, 2003 at 10:56 PM »
I'm no fan of Kris, in fact I think she has the worst showbiz personality around, but I must say that Kris is a little better than Aubrey when it comes to the lead role for Sanib.

I think she got scared big time after watching The Exorcist on DVD. Not only that, I think she's being much more cautious now. She starred in the big budget flop You and Me Against the World.

Offline RitchieNolasco

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jun 21, 2003 at 10:09 PM »

I dont think Sanib is pure trash.

Sanib IS trash in reality (ripping-off a famous horror film, poor casting, terrible acting, boring scenes, fake-looking makeup) and Aubrey is part of it.

Offline JaysonLi

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jun 22, 2003 at 08:21 AM »
Just as I thought. Regal Films gave an over-estimate of Sanib's opening day gross  (June 11). Sanib was estimated to have grossed P6.5 million by Regal but the actual figure is P3,918,658. Way off by P2.6 million!

So far that is the only real figure I got from Regal and it really boggles that it is taking them way too long to reveal the figures the public deserve to know. Nobody will buy the media reports stating that Sanib is in "2nd place" among all MFF box-office entries.

As for Regal's over-estimate of P6.5 million, I think they are behind something very fishy.

Offline RitchieNolasco

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jun 23, 2003 at 09:10 AM »
Just as I thought. Regal Films gave an over-estimate of Sanib's opening day gross  (June 11). Sanib was estimated to have grossed P6.5 million by Regal but the actual figure is P3,918,658. Way off by P2.6 million!

So far that is the only real figure I got from Regal and it really boggles that it is taking them way too long to reveal the figures the public deserve to know. Nobody will buy the media reports stating that Sanib is in "2nd place" among all MFF box-office entries.

As for Regal's over-estimate of P6.5 million, I think they are behind something very fishy.

It is simple. Regal does NOT want to tell the public the truth about Sanib.

They would rather want to tell what certain fans only WANT TO HEAR.

Any Aubrey die-hard fan would be misled into thinking that Aubrey has won and would surely win the Best Actress award.

Or any Pinoy horror lover would be led to think that Sanib is original despite the obvious rip-offs of The Exorcist.

But in most cases, Regal just wants to show that they are box-office champion for this year's MFF.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #35 on: Jun 24, 2003 at 01:47 AM »

I don't know if it's fishy, but none of the studios are eager to give away their figures at all.  I'm surprised they even talk to you.  What do you do, just call them cold?

Offline RitchieNolasco

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jun 24, 2003 at 07:42 AM »
Sanib's child winner Dindin Llanera thanked her film director as CELSO AD DE LA CRUZ. It's supposed to be Castillo.

Offline JaysonLi

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jun 24, 2003 at 12:58 PM »
I don't know if it's fishy, but none of the studios are eager to give away their figures at all.  I'm surprised they even talk to you.  What do you do, just call them cold?

Actually I visit and see the studio staff in person. Recently Viva Film and Star Cinema became a little more open on releasing box office results. Regal Film is taking it cautiously.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jun 24, 2003 at 01:45 PM »
They are probably being careful not to offend their big name stars too. Two weeks ago on The Buzz, one of the guest host mentioned that Richard Gomez' last movie was a box office flop but Kris Aquino decided to stop the discussion because she did not want to offend Sharon Cuneta who happened to be Richard's co-star in his last movie Walang Kapalit.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jun 25, 2003 at 12:44 AM »
Actually I visit and see the studio staff in person. Recently Viva Film and Star Cinema became a little more open on releasing box office results. Regal Film is taking it cautiously.

The only way to do anything with those studios is in person.  Regal being very Chinese, it's like asking a virgin to spread open... ;D

Offline Phoenix

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jun 25, 2003 at 09:52 PM »
Sanib is a great movie!

I suggest people here not to believe anything that Ritchie Nolasco said. He is simply bashing Aubrey Miles and is making nothing but lies to make Sanib look like an ugly movie!

If you ask me, Sanib is more original than even The Exocist.

Plus Sanib would not have been great had Kris Aquino been the lead instead of Aubrey!

Offline acyl_halide

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jun 25, 2003 at 10:29 PM »
Huwag na kayo manuod ng Sanib kasi marirealize niyo lang na tabingi ang boobs ni Aubrey Miles

Offline Phoenix

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jun 25, 2003 at 10:42 PM »
Huwag na kayo manuod ng Sanib kasi marirealize niyo lang na tabingi ang boobs ni Aubrey Miles

And you think you can fool us Aubrey fans? We are smarter than you think!

Offline acyl_halide

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jun 25, 2003 at 10:51 PM »
I'm giving Aubrey three years...One year lang sana kaya lang me kontrata siya sa ABS-CBN so 3 years....

I like Aubrey. I mean as a person I've seen her talk on TV sa mga talk shows and she seems real nice....

But as an actress....I think she'll have the lifespan of a regular boldie...flash in the pan and all......

Offline RitchieNolasco

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jun 27, 2003 at 09:05 PM »
This horrible movie is getting the DVD treatment, which is truly does not deserve.

Offline JaysonLi

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jun 27, 2003 at 09:54 PM »
This just came in: Sanib has fallen to 3rd place among the 2003 MFF entries based on box-office figures since July 11. Multi-awarded Ang Huling Birhen Sa Lupa grossed another P1.9 million to overtake Sanib today and Bertud Ng Putik (overtaken June 24).

As soon as the overall and final (meaning when the films finally ended their run) grosses come in, I will post it.

Offline Phoenix

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 08:55 AM »
This just came in: Sanib has fallen to 3rd place among the 2003 MFF entries based on box-office figures since July 11. Multi-awarded Ang Huling Birhen Sa Lupa grossed another P1.9 million to overtake Sanib today and Bertud Ng Putik (overtaken June 24).

As soon as the overall and final (meaning when the films finally ended their run) grosses come in, I will post it.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This cannot be!!!!!!!!!!!! Sanib should be better! Aubrey is greater than Maui!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to watch Sanib 10 more times before its run ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aubrey fans, let's unite and make Sanib gross higher!

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 10:40 AM »
You can mail me a copy if you like... ;D

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Sanib
« Reply #48 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 02:23 PM »
Finally caught up with this. Well, well--it's surprisingly good, up until the moment when Aubrey's prosthetics look too Frankensteinese to  suspend disbelief, and Orestes Ojeda gets into bed to strangle her. But it recovers with Castillo's light-and-sound climax, and Bagatsing delivering an emotional voiceover speech.

This is one of Ad. Castillo's better efforts, I think (it hain't as inspired as Lihim ni Madonna, tho), and a better showcase of ole fashioned non-CGI filmmaking than Matti's Pa Siyam. I'd even say it improves on its source material (not that I'm a big fan of The Exorcist).

Now if Ad. Castillo would only deign to do a superhero film. Supermanhid, anyone?
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2007 at 02:25 PM by Noel_Vera »