Author Topic: 25GB & 50GB BD question.  (Read 2423 times)

Offline chrisbulog

• Trade Count: (+111)
  • DVD Addict
  • God is good!! All the time!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
25GB & 50GB BD question.
« on: Apr 26, 2011 at 03:03 PM »
Single layer BD 25gb & Dual Layer BD 50gb, what do they differ?

50 GB, means more extra feaures that 25 GB BD's don't have

Possible po ba na movie size exceeds 25 GB lalo na pag almost 2 hours yung movie?

Saw some movies in Odyssey and some movies are 25 GB & some are 50 GB...I was just wondering if the 25 GB movies have 50 GB version one's?

I mean di po kaya compressed yung picture quality ng 25 GB BD's...or extra features lang yung nadagdag sa 50 GB BD's?

Thanks...newbie pa ako sa BD's e...just starting to buy BD's this week.
Samsung 65MU6103 4k tv
Pio 1020k
Pure Acoustics Supernova8, WH-2 center/surrounds
sony bdp-s1500

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: 25GB & 50GB BD question.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 01:46 PM »
Ok... I'll be honest. I am also waiting for someone to answer his query. Just like chrisbulog, I'm also interested to know kung ano difference nila. I know some of you may say, "ang tamad naman ng mga 'to, pwede naman igoogle yan...". Actually, I did. And mas naguluhan ako. And hindi ka pwede magfollow up question kapag meron ka hindi naintindihan sa nasearch mo na info sa google.

So... I'll just wait for someone to answer his query. Hehe. Yun lang.   ;D
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline chrisbulog

• Trade Count: (+111)
  • DVD Addict
  • God is good!! All the time!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 04:10 PM »
Thanks Sir, just like you've said, I also googled that query, and hindi ko po nakita answer sa net e, misleading sya actually.

To make my query short

Are 50gb version better than the 25gb version BD's in terms of PQ?

Like dvd's, dvd5 are compressed compared to dvd9 version, lalo na kung more than 2 hours yung film.

Are bluray discs like that po?

Samsung 65MU6103 4k tv
Pio 1020k
Pure Acoustics Supernova8, WH-2 center/surrounds
sony bdp-s1500

Offline jimmylr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011 at 01:55 PM »
usually kaya mas preferred ang 50gb kasi sa laki ng capacity. Kaya accomodate ang madaming audio language versions, audio commentaries, audio tracks LPCM, HD-DTS 5.1, 6.1 7.1 at sankaterbang added features in HD. Kasi kadalasan pag 25gb. usually movie lang with limited audio track and some special features na di HD ang pagkagawa o wala pa nga special feature na kasama. Meron pang kasamang Bonus view version or picture in picture mode. If you are into BD na talagang madaming feature definitely 50gb yon.

Lalo na ngayon meron ng BD-3D di eto kasya sa regular 25gb lang. Kung Picture quality between 25gb and 50gb ala akong makitang diff. Yong mga unang labas ng BD madaming 25gb pero ngayong yong mga bagong titles usually in 50gb na.

Yon lang po. :D

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011 at 02:50 PM by jimmylr »

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011 at 10:12 AM »
^ Ugh....  :P
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011 at 10:24 AM »
The difference is just the capacity.. That's it.. Some movies are short to fit in 25gb BDs.. Some movies may have extra features or are long which then may not fit in 25gb BDs, so 50gb BDs are used for these..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011 at 10:38 AM »
I was so devastated and as the fourth season ended, but the little that I know is, DexterDexter DVD is more than ever!Please read the few negative reviews here, I feel that maybe I have not been watching the show myself have been!For me it was the most moving and profound all seasons. And I loved every second. I never thought I would describe as beautiful How I Met Your Mother DVDseason of Dexter, but that's what I feel. The most versatile of the season has been absolutely superb. Took the show to a new level, and showed a real purpose from start to finish like never before. How Lumen / Dexter relationship was written, was perfect. It was a great way to travel "and their relationship has progressed well. After Rita died, I wondered who bring Dexter, and was better than Sons Of Anarchy DVDI could imagine.I really do not understand how any fan who followed the Dexter begins to see the importance of this period, the relationship between Dexter and snow. It 'really showed how the character of Dexter has become. But it was only this part of the season, resultingSupernatural DVD in a large.The other characters are better than ever this season as well. How were Deb, and coming on the scene in which she stopped Dexter, and go Lumen was perfect. It was great writing there, and leaves you thinking that now. Dexter now know that AlmaLost DVD may have an open mind, I can not wait to see where this will lead. This is something that approached a few times at the end of the season.Also great was ready to take Harrison to each other, Dexter lives.
------------------------
Buy Cheap DVD
Dexter DVD

Spambot.