Author Topic: Playing slideshow and movies continuously  (Read 598 times)

Offline volgard

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Playing slideshow and movies continuously
« on: May 05, 2011 at 04:58 PM »
Guys,

I would like to continuously play pictures and movie files (AVI, MKV etc.) continuously. Through NMT is good but I'm welcome to anything (software or hardware based) actually.

Scenario wise, I would just like to dump all pictures and movie files in a "folder" and everything there will be displayed/played continuously in a loop, sequential or random.

Would anyone know of a solution?

Thanks and more power.

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Playing slideshow and movies continuously
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011 at 06:48 AM »
Guys,

I would like to continuously play pictures and movie files (AVI, MKV etc.) continuously. Through NMT is good but I'm welcome to anything (software or hardware based) actually.

Scenario wise, I would just like to dump all pictures and movie files in a "folder" and everything there will be displayed/played continuously in a loop, sequential or random.

Would anyone know of a solution?

Thanks and more power.

you can use popcorn hour and it can play all the files in 1 folder..
or you could use our digital signage player popcorn hour s210 which you can create a playlist for it and set the duration too.. :)

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011 at 06:48 PM »
NMT's are your best bet since there are no moving parts that can cause wear and tear. Xtreamer mk1 easily fits your requirements as you can also create a playlist.
From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline volgard

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011 at 06:48 AM »
@ert/Jason_10:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Regardless if I go hardware or software, the solution is through playlists :)

@ert:
It maybe due to my firmware version, but the A-200 would only play pictures OR videos even though both are in the same folder. Playlists works but it's quite clunky, at least on how I did it :(